Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

anyone have 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

anyone have 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:35 AM
nickrummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

Is anyone out there running the 19/23 pinions with the 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

My car has been sitting for months since the summer brought on more things to do that RC stuff. Getting back into the car now. I'm running an OS .18 CV-R with red pinions and just mounted up 41/37 spurs. The stock slotting in the chassis doesn't allow the motor to be adjusted close enough to get proper mesh with the spurs. I designed up some motor mounts that seem like they will work. A friend of mine machined one and we are waiting to do the other. Had to modify it since there is a flange on the motors crankshaft that interfered with the first mount.

I'm also designing up a new chassis and upper deck all to be aluminum but will have enough just ability to make it work with stock mounts. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has done this and see what their solution was? I'm sure someone makes these types of motor mounts already.

Here is the right side mount that works. It will be machined down more to save weight but it works.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone have 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

I ran that setup with my RS4-3 a while back. I just Dremeled the slots in the chassis a bit to get the mesh right. Pay close attention to the second gear spur mesh with this gearing though. If the mesh wasn't perfect the second gear spur would strip out as soon as it engaged. You can also get away with a 17/23 pinion and 43/37 combo. I ran like this for a while also but it eventually took it's toll on the clutch finger. The acceleration was awsome though!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: anyone have 41/37 spurs on the RS4?

i am running a 19/43 for 1st, and a 23/39 for 2nd in my RS4 with an OS18, just grind the chassis