Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Worlds Fastest Car Challenge!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worlds Fastest Car Challenge!!

They are going to be having another Worlds fastest Car Challenge this year out in California on July 28. I hope that the guys in the Miami club will be able to participate this year. Since so many of their members have cars that can run over 100 miles an hour I think they would do a good job representing the nitro onroad class!!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
ProRCRacer88

Default RE: Worlds Fastest Car Challenge!!

Nitro you should run your modded fusions in it to represent the Fusion21 class and show people that these things are faster than they think.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cali...............what happen to it bein in orlando florida??? DAM IT............
Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

I'd heard something about Kissimmee at one point and then I didnt hear anything else. Im trying to get the owner of the hobbyshop where I work to sponsor something like that for south florida racers. He doesnt have to call it the same thing but it will serve the same purpose. I dont think I'll be going to cali just to run my car, that is, unless the prize is worth my while.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
MiamizFinest

4real..........im not flying to cali to drive a RC car........unless the grand prize is some exateraged amount of money....but i dout it...........

that video we saw with the lights and track would be a real good idea tho............give us a 400 foot drag strip...............another 100 feet for stopping room (i only need about 25 feet but u know there is always those specail cases) and we would be in business
Old 05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

yeah lol like i told you we built all that stuff ourselves and it is really fun spectators come all the time. You can buy them but the proffesional trees cost to much.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
MiamizFinest

How did you make it???? i got alot of free time to kill id like to build one
Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
hpi apollo

anyone go last time? i've been helping one of the guys design his car for the past few months
Old 05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: hpi apollo

anyone go last time? i've been helping one of the guys design his car for the past few months

What do you have??? whats cars have u set up???
Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Nitro you should run your modded fusions in it to represent the Fusion21 class and show people that these things are faster than they think.
...............Thanks for the vote of confidence but to be compeitive you need something that can run over 100mph. Thats why I suggested it to the Miami guys. This event is going to have national coverage, braggin rights.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

we used multiple switches and found wiring diagrams on the web, Had the stage bulbs yellow, go bulbs green and we used a pvc pipe to house everything. you need wood also for the stand. thats baisically it in a nut shell.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
GT100

Nitrohead, I take frequent bussiness trips out of town and while Im stuck in a hotel room, I need something to do. My project on this trip is a single speed Fusion for a buddy of mines. Im working on it as we speak. Here is the set up so far.

Schumacher electric car diffs. I cut the belt thin enough to ride on the diffs. All ceramic bearing (everywhere there is a bearing). Wolfpack Schumacher mounts to mount a modded 321P with a 23T (to start) pinion with a 38T (to start) revo spur on a custom mount. The chassis was milled to be able to use a starter box and grooved in certain places to lessen the weight. And last but not least, a set of tall SuperNitro wheels.

We might just be looking at RCUniverse first 100MPH Fusion. RIght now, when pushed, the car rolls about as free as one of my Racers. This means, there is very little resistance. so there is a little hope there.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
hpi apollo

well im aiding the design with someone i know, its geared to go 160 at 10k-15k under max rpms
Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

Nitrohead, I take frequent bussiness trips out of town and while Im stuck in a hotel room, I need something to do. My project on this trip is a single speed Fusion for a buddy of mines. Im working on it as we speak. Here is the set up so far.

Schumacher electric car diffs. I cut the belt thin enough to ride on the diffs. All ceramic bearing (everywhere there is a bearing). Wolfpack Schumacher mounts to mount a modded 321P with a 23T (to start) pinion with a 38T (to start) revo spur on a custom mount. The chassis was milled to be able to use a starter box and grooved in certain places to lessen the weight. And last but not least, a set of tall SuperNitro wheels.

We might just be looking at RCUniverse first 100MPH Fusion. RIght now, when pushed, the car rolls about as free as one of my Racers. This means, there is very little resistance. so there is a little hope there.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
..................Wow !! Please let me know how that turns out !! You know I will be interested.
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Medrivfast

I went last year and i'm going again this year. I'm not running. Just watching. Last year there where no big prizes. Just trophies and your pic in the magazine. Not too many cars went over 100mph.

I even got my pic in the magazine[8D]
Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 AM
MiamizFinest

well im aiding the design with someone i know, its geared to go 160 at 10k-15k under max rpms

what car.........what motor............and who is it ur helping??? id be intersted in that
Old 05-04-2007, 07:14 AM
hpi apollo

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

what car.........what motor............and who is it ur helping??? id be intersted in that
im not giving out any more details than that at the moment since i promised i wouldnt, i will just say it will be fast
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 AM
MiamizFinest

oh you cant give details..................how conviniant.............maybe becuase the car doesnt exist???? i knew you where just talking out of ur *****................
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, that's funny. If you had one that went that fast and were competing in an international competition, would you shout out the spec on the internet, so that anyone with a couple thousand dollars could do it? No, of course you wouldn't. And remember the things you said to people who doubted you... lol.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

oh you cant give details..................how conviniant.............maybe becuase the car doesnt exist???? i knew you where just talking out of ur *****................
...................... Wow!! Miami you are starting to get mean natured. Starting to sound like Banana Turbo be cool .
Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: foxy42

lol, that's funny. If you had one that went that fast and were competing in an international competition, would you shout out the spec on the internet, so that anyone with a couple thousand dollars could do it? No, of course you wouldn't. And remember the things you said to people who doubted you... lol.

No u know what the thing is when i do set up my cars i show everyone what i do im not about keeping secrets ANY WHO IS ANYONE can ask me w/e they want and ill glady show them what to do and what parts to use............since this is the way i learned.....................im not upset or anything so please dont take it as an attack....but ofcourse im goin to have to gget pist off with HIM AND ONLY HIM becuase when ever i was seting something up HPI APOLLO was the first person to claim that i cant do it..........and that it cant be done............but unlike him when her asked me what i was doin and how i was doing it i had answers..................and now when i ask him its all a big secret..............i personally think its a load of BS ONLY BECUASE ITS COMEING FROM HIM..............i dont dout it can be done with the right amount of funds and machineing tools...................but comeing from him i dont belive a world that comes out of his mouth.......

Foxy and nitro head both of u have asked me questions in PM's and ive gladly anwsered them to you becuase i like to share what i know id feel bad keeping something to my self when i know it can help some one out...............like i sayed yo dont take this as an attack.........i hope you understand that comeing from that HPI APOLLO i dont belive squat he says
Old 05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, I'm only playin', I thought you jumped on him a bit. It IS funny, you have a style dude, I'll give you that...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:26 PM
GT100

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I see this is turning into one of those threads.

HPI Apollo, We'll be waiting on a vid or a spot in the mag.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
nitrohead5300

I didnt know that was what was going on Miami my bad. You do share ideas and try to help folks. Just try not to let them get under your skin.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM
MiamizFinest

i dont let it get under my skin...............i just wanted people to know why i responded the way i did

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.