Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help with tuning Kyosho GX12

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 AM
vishdes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with tuning Kyosho GX12

Hi I have this really old Kyosho Pure Ten GT Alpha Series AMG Mercedes powered by a Kyosho GX12 engine. I am having problems tuning it.

The thing is, it gets heated up too fast and then the engine just dies. I have to let it cool and then again start it. It just runs for 2 to 3 minutes at a time. At times even less. I must clarify that the ambient temperatures are really high in the range of 40degree celcius or more than 100 degrees farenheit.

Am I running it too lean? Also when starting it for the first time, I take a really long time and hell lot of cranking. 2 and half turns does not work. Actually any decent runnning I got was on almost 3 and half turns. I cleaned the carburettor needle also. Also where can I get spares for this really old model? Any ideas which current model shares the same linkages? I need new shocks and steering linkages. I need someone who ships globally. Tower does not seem to have it.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Osirisf16

Default RE: Help with tuning Kyosho GX12

I have this engine too. Really big piece of $h!t, anyway...this engine is very easy to tune. It has just 1 needle. That thing which is like a screw if you notice. Screw it untill it stops. Then, unscrew it 3 turns. Then, you will notice that if you go full throttle, the car barely can move. You would have to screw it a bit 1/8 of a turn and notice the difference in performance. Do that untill you are satisfied. If you overdid it, then unscrew it a little. My setup is 2 full turns exactly from fully close position. Good luck
Old 05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
vishdes

my engine dies very soon once i start it. if it does not then as soon as i apply throttle it dies. any reason why it dies?

also is it absolutely necessary to have an airtight fuel tank?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Osirisf16

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't have the proper pressure from the air line that comes from the exhaust, then once you apply throttle it dies, but anyway, you telling that it can't even fire. Maybe you are too lean buddy. Did you try those things i told you? Also, BE SURE THAT THERE IS FUEL THROUGH THE FUEL LINE. That may sounds stupid for some here, but for this car, it's a NEED , trust me, i know.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
scotty101

can some body please tell me how to set up a carb on a gx12 engine plz
Old 01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
93dabeast
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: scotty101

can some body please tell me how to set up a carb on a gx12 engine plz
Osiris already did that. just read what he posted.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
scotty101

ok thanks