Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

How much weight for each wheel??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

How much weight for each wheel??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
HighClassBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much weight for each wheel??

Sorry I know that this is probably a "newb" question.... but i am far from new to RC... I'm also very into 1:1 scale rockcrawling...just new to RC rockcrawling.
Anyway I have (2) Axial AX-10 rockcrawlers that i am building up. I have the stage 2 stuff from CKRC Crawler, ect.
Question is, I have a bunch of 1/4 oz stick-on lead weights and i was wondering how much weight i should add to each wheel (front/rear) for the best performance???
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
ForkliftJeff

Default RE: How much weight for each wheel??

The stage 2 kit comes with 15 oz of weight. 7.5oz for each front, none in the back. That's what I run and it seems pretty good, but I've never been in any comps or anything. I'm a crawler noob too.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 PM
dezfan

Tire/wheel/Foam/Exra Weight = 12 oz's for each front wheel and 9 oz's for each rear wheel.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
603kid
My Feedback: (35)

That much weight seems a bit high in a 2.2, but that's exactly why you need to add it. 2.2 rigs are so light, that they need the weight in order to stay planted and help the driver remain in control. I run 4oz in each front rim, and 2oz in each rear in my Super which in stock form is far heavier than a 2.2 and that works killer for me. My thought is to build your rig as light as you can get it, and then add the weight that hooks it up for your driving style.