Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

super crawler

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
traxxas/only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super crawler

Can you buy like an ax10 with no eltrics and put a mamba monster in it and run two lipo bateries and have hi-torque servos. I always wanted to do this but the only raeson i want to is because i have nitros but every time i take them in the sand it is a pain to clean them so thats why i want to put paddles on a crawler with like a bunch of power plus i think it would be really easy drive lots of travel.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: super crawler

You can put a Mamba Monster Max in an AX10, but you're gonna rip the drive train apart after a while. I've seen builds like the one you're describing with paddles etc. but I don't think I would enjoy that myself.

That's why I keep a vehicle for every occassion.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:15 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: super crawler

As Alpha Male said, you can do it but you'll shred the drive train. The MMM system puts serious stress on all other components, definitely not a good match for crawler transmissions. If you want something electric and powerful look into a Savage Flux or something, comes with an MMM based system and has all the power you'd want for paddles and sand use.