Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hangar-9 PA-18 PNP 1/4 Scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Hangar-9 PA-18 PNP 1/4 Scale

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:16 AM
tucano007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar-9 PA-18 PNP 1/4 Scale

I have had a problem with the landing gear on my new PA-18, After two excellant flights and very gentle landings, I noticed the front landing gear mounts pulled out of the bottom of the plane. Upon inspection I noted that the gear mounting plate had been tack glued in place but never glued in properly. I sent pictures to Hangar-9 with a description of the problem. I told them I was willing to swap servos and all equipment out of the PNP and install in a new fuse. After jumping through all of their hoops, I was told that they were out of stock and I would have to make the repairs myself. Funny that their website showed they were in stock. Has anybody out there experienced a similar problem?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:08 AM
cthomasmurray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been flying this model for over three years and the only landing gear issues i've had are the rubber bands on the gear don't last long. No glue issues !!! I hope you get your problem resolved with Hangar 9.

Good luck,
Tom M.

P.S. You can see my Super Cub in my gallery.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:26 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a Hangar 9 model, with tack glued landing gear. I received no happiness when dealing with them.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:43 AM
geezeraviation
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tucano007
I have had a problem with the landing gear on my new PA-18, After two excellant flights and very gentle landings, I noticed the front landing gear mounts pulled out of the bottom of the plane. Upon inspection I noted that the gear mounting plate had been tack glued in place but never glued in properly. I sent pictures to Hangar-9 with a description of the problem. I told them I was willing to swap servos and all equipment out of the PNP and install in a new fuse. After jumping through all of their hoops, I was told that they were out of stock and I would have to make the repairs myself. Funny that their website showed they were in stock. Has anybody out there experienced a similar problem?
They prolly have complete models in stock but not replacement fuselages, my guess any way, they wouldn't likely pull one from a complete model just to provide good customer service, sigh.
Doc