Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is kitcutter.com a ripoff?

ORIGINAL: dheinmuller

OK guys.. I just came from visiting Cornell Michael kitcutting and here's the skinny....he had to shut down his web site because Kitcutters.com (yes with the s) infiltrated his site and started stealing his business (not confirmed). He also learned that people in Canada and the UK were getting into his classifieds to sell their junk thus the spam. he got infested with a virus, trojan horse or worn that also sends out those spam messages to everyone in his contact list. So again, he's not doing this purpopsely, he had to shut things down to try and get things straighten out. his balsa wood supplier also got bent out of shape thanks to the spam that he was not generating purposely. I too have been waiting for a short kit of a B25 for 2 years but I know better than you guys his real personal situation and i live with it. But yes, i agree you got to keep after him and kick him in his butt to produce. That all may change soon. he has been looking at and hopes to soon aquire a CNC router to do his cutting. I have been putting the plans onto CDs for him, so when gets the router the kits can be produced one heck of alot quicker. So for now it's a slow process doing all that cutting by hand. Would you yourself attempt to do such....I don't think so.

True, but one should not have to beg and plead for the kit they already paid for.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 PM
reggeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dheinmuller

OK guys.. I just came from visiting Cornell Michael kitcutting and here's the skinny....he had to shut down his web site because Kitcutters.com (yes with the s) infiltrated his site and started stealing his business (not confirmed). He also learned that people in Canada and the UK were getting into his classifieds to sell their junk thus the spam. he got infested with a virus, trojan horse or worn that also sends out those spam messages to everyone in his contact list. So again, he's not doing this purpopsely, he had to shut things down to try and get things straighten out. his balsa wood supplier also got bent out of shape thanks to the spam that he was not generating purposely. I too have been waiting for a short kit of a B25 for 2 years but I know better than you guys his real personal situation and i live with it. But yes, i agree you got to keep after him and kick him in his butt to produce. That all may change soon. he has been looking at and hopes to soon aquire a CNC router to do his cutting. I have been putting the plans onto CDs for him, so when gets the router the kits can be produced one heck of alot quicker. So for now it's a slow process doing all that cutting by hand. Would you yourself attempt to do such....I don't think so.
Your last line is the key one! I myself would not attempt to do such. I myself would also not take peoples money for orders i couldn't deliver. Everybody has a sad story. His troubles should not be passed on to other modellers. If he couldn't keep up with the orders, he should have stopped taking orders until he could. Really freakin' simple. Some one buys a product, you send them the product. If you do that successfully: repeat.

No more sad "poor Cornell" stories. I've heard them all. I'm just amazed at all the bad things that happen to one guy!!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 AM
thesmo
My Feedback: (10)

Knowing Michael and taking over his net in or around 2006 when it was having problems with orders and such. The problems stopped. I also kept him on top of it for a while. As for his problems, he has many and they are real! Believe it or not!
I ordered over 8 kits from him and got all but the last one I asked for. He like others have their problems. I was asked to move to the States from Canada to keep him up to speed but could not do to my life problems as I said we all have. It is a great hobby and I find most avid flyers have no patience for anything that is not perfect in nature.
Instead of complaining just move on to another cutter. But I have heard worse from the others also. Weight problems with the wood, etc. AS I HAVE NOT ordered from anyone else but Michael I cannot complain. When you order from the others and get what you want then compare. BTW, ordered a tail section for a crashed T craft....... that was three months ago. Called to remind them it was still due. I am not holding my breath and will go back to cutting my own as it is for the complainers and their God given right to do the same.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Reggeee you done building that plane yet? :P

Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Potawatomi13

Just to add my 2 cents worth Michael was recommended to me on this site(I believe)in 06 or 07 and contacted him about price and delivery. As I remember there might have been a little delay but it only took a couple months to get my kit. I think it was PCK(?)that said they wouldn't cut my plan because it was by Henry Haffke and THEY didn't like working from his plans and their price was also a bit steep. It really does take all kinds and it's unfortunate we don't all have a cutter within driving distance we can work with.
Bill Kohler
Eugene, OR
Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 AM
thesmo
My Feedback: (10)

So did you Pay for shipping? did you get the kit? was it okay? NO follow up as to whether all ends were meeting their end?????

All I see is bashing but not who's fault it really was? Like AH1G said, if you haven't paid shipping yet.....

I don't understand? If you ordered from someone else and had to wait would you do the same?

Why is it no one has the patience to cut a kit but time to bash someone who takes to long to cut it for them?

I am and have built most my planes as custom or kit cut. I have no patience to cut them because I WANT IT NOW! There is no excuse for bad kits delivered but something that big cut by hand!!!!!! You want it right don't you and no one would admit to making a mistake that a CNC would do in minutes but takes months to get out also. Why is that? It is done in a day???? CNC is good but for everyone who didn't get a kit, 10 others did and I don't see one complain about quality..... just time?

In defense of these persons. I had 15 kits done by him all in great quality. He even called once as the wood that showed was heavy and no good. NOT my problem right? I just want my kit. IS he to call you and say, " didn't get good wood you want a heavy kit you can have it now". If he has supplier problems like most, should he call you and ask you how to run his business or just deal with it?

As for my 15 kits, ALL were excellent and with in a good time because if I had to cut it and all the time it takes for what you pay for I would be upset for taking so long with myself.

Bottom line is I got my kits in excellent quality and no problems with cuts. ALL were buildable and no problems. 1 no good delivery only so far but 15 good and delivered. Hand cutting takes time and that is why you are not doing it right?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 PM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: thesmo

So did you Pay for shipping? did you get the kit? was it okay? NO follow up as to whether all ends were meeting their end?????

All I see is bashing but not who's fault it really was? Like AH1G said, if you haven't paid shipping yet.....

I don't understand? If you ordered from someone else and had to wait would you do the same?

Why is it no one has the patience to cut a kit but time to bash someone who takes to long to cut it for them?

I am and have built most my planes as custom or kit cut. I have no patience to cut them because I WANT IT NOW! There is no excuse for bad kits delivered but something that big cut by hand!!!!!! You want it right don't you and no one would admit to making a mistake that a CNC would do in minutes but takes months to get out also. Why is that? It is done in a day???? CNC is good but for everyone who didn't get a kit, 10 others did and I don't see one complain about quality..... just time?

In defense of these persons. I had 15 kits done by him all in great quality. He even called once as the wood that showed was heavy and no good. NOT my problem right? I just want my kit. IS he to call you and say, '' didn't get good wood you want a heavy kit you can have it now''. If he has supplier problems like most, should he call you and ask you how to run his business or just deal with it?

As for my 15 kits, ALL were excellent and with in a good time because if I had to cut it and all the time it takes for what you pay for I would be upset for taking so long with myself.

Bottom line is I got my kits in excellent quality and no problems with cuts. ALL were buildable and no problems. 1 no good delivery only so far but 15 good and delivered. Hand cutting takes time and that is why you are not doing it right?

You need to read the whole thread! if you do, you'll see it was all followed up! I got my kit and stopped my attack. It's pretty clear you didn't read the whole thread otherwise you wouldn't be asking the
obvious questions you're asking.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Wow. I am sitting here in my office and like most days, I scan RCU. I read this entire thread, every posting. Its very entertaining and sad at the same time. I have posted items for sale on craigslist and had nothing but scammers respond. Their grammer and basic language skills tell me they are most likely from someplace like Nigeria. TONS of scammers coming from there. The whole, send me the money first thing is a dead giveaway for that.
The kit cutters responses on here were bizarre at best. They sounded very familier. The postings from guys who say he provided them with excellent kits confuses the whole thing. So I dont know if his personal problems are real or faked. Bottom line though is I dont care. I agree that you stop taking orders and refund money if you cannot meet your obligations for any reason.
My business philosophy is very simple.
Only promise what you can do, and then do what you promise.
I would never wait 2 years for anything.
One more thing. For those of you who say cut your own kit....how does that come into this? You hire someone to do a job. It doesnt matter wether or not you can do it yourself. I can change the oil in my car but I chose to hire Quickey Lube instead. I guess if they leave the filter off I shoulda done it myself anyway????
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Sundance2018

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Stevenmax -

I think the whole thing started with a general sentiment of negativity towards Michael Neal's poor business dealings with his company 'KitCutter' - that's probably pretty obvious. I personally started out fairly supportive of Michael, but then quickly changed my tune when I too started to really experience the same weird nonsense. The bottom line is that some guys on this thread apparently know Michael personally - I do not; however, as a customer I expect 'customer satisfaction'. When I place an order AND pay for it, I expect to receive exactly what I paid for regardless of whether it's a Big Mac from McDonalds or buying a new car from the dealership. As I read the string, the philosophy seems to be from some members that, "Oh it's okay if I paid for a kit and never received it - the guy has fallen on hard times so leave him alone and oh by the way why not send him a few more $$$ for good measure!" As for me, I bought 2 kits at the same time - a Pepino WACO and a Dave Andersen FW152H 114" w/s. The former was cut and shipped w/in about 3-months and was of very good quality; the latter took well over a year and when it was received it was the WRONG version not to mention that request after request for a refund fell on deaf ears. On one occasion I was told he couldn't refund my $$$ because the wood was already ordered & received but that he couldn't cut it because of lung ailments. On a later occasion I was told it was taking so long to cut the kit because he hadn't been able to order the wood yet.

What bothers me is just the blatant dishonesty. If the guy has fallen on hard times because of the medical reasons he has expressed then he should explain very clearly that he has fallen on hard for the health reasons and simply be truthful about it. At least if he's honest and says that it will take him quite a bit more time to recover and meet his kit sales commitments then that's one thing- most of us would be a bit more understanding of such situations, but to continuously lie and come up with one outlandish story after another completely discredits the dude in turn creating fear and anger from those who've invested tons of $$$ waiting for kits that we'll will never see them.

Tom
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 AM
ManfredKoehler

When I read here, I just laugh again! Michael is simply dishonest! Again and again the old stories from the wood, his daughter, his lung disease and so on. He lies. I would strongly discourage any of them to order a kit at Michael.

Best regards from Germany

Manfred

Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
reggeee

ORIGINAL: ManfredKoehler

When I read here, I just laugh again! Michael is simply dishonest! Again and again the old stories from the wood, his daughter, his lung disease and so on. He lies. I would strongly discourage any of them to order a kit at Michael.

Best regards from Germany

Manfred

Manfred......did you get your kit?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
ManfredKoehler

Yes,

after 15 month, dozens of e-mails and many mugs of coffee!

Regards Manfred