Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

are new batteries suppose to die after 50-70 charges?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

are new batteries suppose to die after 50-70 charges?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are new batteries suppose to die after 50-70 charges?

well, the title says it, my batteries are dying. is there a reason? i know after 500 chargers, they will die out, but it should not do this so soon. i charge each for 4 hours like the forum said to, but when i put them in the tank days later the batteries are 3/4 empty? is there a way to solve this or do i have to buy new batteries? remember these are the normal batteries that come with the tank
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
mergen

Default RE: are new batteries suppose to die after 50-70 charges?

Most people make the mistake, that when the battery gets a little low they charge them up. These batterys create a memory and if just charge them up when there low then thats the memory they retain. You must bring the battery all the way down and charge them slow and peak them then they will retain that long charge.
Mergen
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
candycab

The batteries that come with the HL Tanks are complete junk to say the least.

I wouldn't trust the chargers either as people have had them catch fire again just more cheap junk.

Get yourself a name brand Nickle Metal Hydride (NMHD) battery with 3000mAh up to 5000mAh

There are tons of good NMHD chargers for reasonable prices (If thats even a concern) NMHD batteries will hold a charge for very long periods of time with no problem and you can top them off if you like whenever you decide to go run your Tank.

I run a couple of Tenergy 4200mAh batteries and charge with an Onyx 210 and my run times are on average somewhere around 4 or 5 hours
for a 55 minute charge.

Good batteries and charger are a must and will be worth every bit you pay for them
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM

okaymergen, when i fire the rebounce button on the controller, if i see the ligts flash when it rebounds, i take it out. is this a good way to measyre the juice of the battery?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
mergen

Its like Candcab said if your using the batts that came with the tank use them for something else. If you want to run your tanks long time and have good running, get your self some good batteries and a charger one that will cycle the battery when charging, 4200 5000 mah its worth the money.
Mergen
Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
wayne k

the batteries hat came with the hl tanks i use for my nitro engine roto start. i have better ones to run the tank.