Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SFX6 Model Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 AM
wsn123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFX6 Model Solutions

Has anybody experience with SFX6 sound module fromModel Solutions?

1. are any sound demos or sfx4 files are available /except the files on their webite/
http://www.modelsolutions.ca/soundclips_tanks.htm

2. is SFX6.4 module transparent for throttle 1,2 signals from reciver ? or is it needed to split this signals (for SFX6 and ESC) using Y type cable? My receiver is supplied from Elmod ESC (BEC) by 5V stabilized voltage

3. what is the power of an audio output for DC supply voltage =12V ?

4. Is an external LOW VOLTAGE AUDIO AMPLIFIER needed?
http://www.modelsolutions.ca/catalog_sound_systems.htm

5. they said that the minimal supply voltage needed is 10Vwould 12V be enough?

6. Is SFX6 module working with any rc system - I use Graupner R-700, 35 MHz receiver

Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SFX6 Model Solutions

I have the SX 4 which was an earlier model. I did experience trouble with interfacing it with my receiver, and they did not seem to want to spend much time trouble shooting their older technology with me. I will state up front that I asked for help a couple of years after buying it, as it was packed away in a drawer until I finally got around to using it. I was able to talk to somebody about it though, but he was having trouble remembering exaclty how the SX4 worked, I am sure there would be less trouble this way with the newer SX 6

I could trigger the thing manually and it was plenty loud enough as it played .wav files.

One learns very quickly that the hardware is only half of the game. You must have good sound files that are works of art as they are anything else. The transitions need to be smooth and seemless, otherwise you risk your sound system seeming like a recording vs a real tank. A lot of people are very protective of these files, as they are almost more important then the hardware.

However, as I know you are aware, a person can spend the time and maniplute .wav files to create your own. I have bult good sound files for a Ford V8 and a Panther for the Benedini system, which I have grown very fond of.

Benediin and Model Solutions are both very protective of these files. As soon as custom sounds are loaded into a Benedini card, they are converted to propritory .tbs files that can not be edited. I learned that you have to always have save a copy of your original work in the .wav format otherwise even you as the creator will lose the ability to edit them, oncde they are converted to the .tbs format.

I personally believe you have to be very careful how much recording you put in a tank. A tank commander yelling out a command is cool ONCE. After more then a couple of exactly the same recorded messages the effect is lost to most, and in fact compromises the other sound effects. Just my opinion of course. I have dabbled in sound files quite a bit and like this part of the hobby, and every time I have added the commanders voice it gets very old, very quick to me. Others will have differing opinions I am sure.

Dan
Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM
wsn123

Dan
Thank You very much for these informations !

Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM
victorm3
My Feedback: (1)

I have a SFX6 on Ebay at a great price.

Item 180710212394

I had it on 12 volts in a 21st Century Stuarts with a Spektrum 6100 & DX6i and a sabertooth dual speed control. At 12 volts using a decent 4" speaker and the volume turned down about 50%, it was still louder than any of my Tamiya full option tanks.

Regards,

Victor
Epsom, NH