Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Henglong new 1/16 leopard2 is released!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Henglong new 1/16 leopard2 is released!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:42 AM
mcm308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see the point in that turret upgrade. Just cut some teeth into the stop and you got 360 rotation..
Old 12-31-2013, 07:19 AM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

mcm,
Is there a way to add teeth?
I still haven't got my Lepard yet. (2 more days for it to arrive).
Hard to find picture of the turret picture showing the gears.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:40 AM
mcm308

Originally Posted by PatternFlyer
mcm,
Is there a way to add teeth?
I still haven't got my Lepard yet. (2 more days for it to arrive).
Hard to find picture of the turret picture showing the gears.

You will see when you get it. Look at the turret ring gear and will see the plastic tab that stops the turret. Just remove the gear and cut teeth to match the rest of the gear...its rather simple
Old 12-31-2013, 02:17 PM
afv

Originally Posted by mcm308
You will see when you get it. Look at the turret ring gear and will see the plastic tab that stops the turret. Just remove the gear and cut teeth to match the rest of the gear...its rather simple
Thats ok but be careful that you don't twist the wires off, needs a slip ring or a telephone anti tangle device.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:25 PM
mcm308

Or just use your brain and dont crank the turret 10 times one direction...

You just have to be aware of your turrets turns..

Originally Posted by afv
Thats ok but be careful that you don't twist the wires off, needs a slip ring or a telephone anti tangle device.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Hl524

Good day everyone!!! Happy Holidays...
anyway, just before we all go back to work, I figured I'd finish phase 2 testing of the Mato tracks...
so as promised... Mud and Sand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v4re1AiQ1k Tracks held up well... although 2 or 3 pads came off(all from the inner track pads - probably due to higher frictional forces on these pads), maybe due to some hard core driving... but performance-wise... these tracks hold up well.

Conclusion... highly recommended.
Its important to use CA glue as suggested and take it easy on tight turns especially on concrete where the resistance against the rubber pads is increased.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6104.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1953113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6113.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	1953114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6177.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	1953115   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6182.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	1953818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6105.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1953825  

Last edited by Hl524; 01-03-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Despotes

Another great video! How are the bearings in the metal wheels holding up?
How are you mounting your camera to the tank? I keep looking for a bracket, but see nothing.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Again another great video. I really like the demonstrations you are doing showing this Heng Long tank being put through its paces. I am sure theses videos are contributing to sales!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hl524

Tracks held up well... although 2 or 3 pads came off
Do the tracks come with spare pads? I can't imagine having to find the pads after they've fallen off on the ground or in the mud :O

Anyways, great video!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Hl524

Originally Posted by Despotes
Another great video! How are the bearings in the metal wheels holding up?
How are you mounting your camera to the tank? I keep looking for a bracket, but see nothing.
Thanks. I understand your concern regarding the bearings as these road wheels are not sealed like the tamiya metal wheels, so some dirt may have reached the bearings. maybe i'll open up some to see. but these are also hard to open because they glued the wheel hubs tight from the factory already... thanks for the reminder.

camera mounting... garden ties and 3m mounting tape positioned so they won't be visible on video.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Hl524

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Do the tracks come with spare pads? I can't imagine having to find the pads after they've fallen off on the ground or in the mud :O

Anyways, great video!

Thanks Captain Nemo12. and yes they do come with spare rubber pads and metal grousers.... you're definitely right, thrown pads are hard to find in the dirt and mud. maybe mato should include more rubber pads.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Hl524

Originally Posted by YHR
Again another great video. I really like the demonstrations you are doing showing this Heng Long tank being put through its paces. I am sure theses videos are contributing to sales!!!!!!
hmmm... maybe just like a review for the Mato metal tracks on extreme driving conditions. but mostly because i enjoy doing these videos. thanks Dan.
by the way, do you know how to setup FPV systems for rc tanks? has anyone been doing it already?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 AM
YHR

I added a HK Fat Shark set up in my Sherman with goggles. Camera is mounted in the Commanders Hatch and can pan as it is mounted on a servo, It definitely adds a new perspective.

Right now on ebay there are low cost camera tanks that stream FPV video back to a phone or Ipad. The camera is mounted in the tank barrel and the tank is controlled by your Ipad.

A person could hack one of those apart and fit it into an RC tank, You would end up with a system that had independent control that streams live video back to your Ipad for less then $80. It might be worth looking at.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Thorvald

I'll be doing the same with mine (Fatshark and camera) but I'm waiting for all the metal upgrades to come out before I start on this tank.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
PatternFlyer

I have a couple of questions to ask.
Do I have to always add smoke oil?
it show ABC rather than ON/OFF for what supposed to be smoke function switch. Exactly which position is ON?
How do I open the top of the tank? Just loosen up 4 screws from the bottom?
it appears to have more than that. I just don't want to loosen up something else.

So far, looks good. Still waiting for metal upgrade parts.

Name:	20140102_232745.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	1953632  
Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
YHR

There are eight screws to take out. They are all lined up.

The smoker is loud enough to hear when it is on. Start up you tank, and then listen for smoker. It has a delayed start of a few seconds after the tank starts.

Yes you have to add oil to the smokers, but not very much. Too much and they will stop functioning. Honestly though it is not a question of if they will quit working, it is just a matter of when

Cheers
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 AM
PatternFlyer

Dan,

Thank you for the reply.
I will try the smoke tomorrow. So far, that yellow BB is way too fast to see where it is going. Tried a few shooting with my wife next to me focusing on the kitchen cabinet door we were trying to shoot at. Out of 4 shots, only could see 1 that bounced around.

Junky stock transmitter still works.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Hl524

Fat Shark it is... thanks Dan. is the camera a separate purchase? or does it come with the set?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:25 AM
YHR

IT has been awhile but I believe it is an all in one purchase. The HK website should give all the details on what you get.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I am toying with the idea of switching to a Walkera Devo F7 as a neat and integrated solution for first person view during the Danville battles to check line of sight. One drawback is that they are not compatible with my Spektrum-compatible equipment. Alternatively I could attached a GoPro Hero 3+ with WiFi capabilities and zip tie an iPhone/iPod to the top of my Spektrum DX8.

Name:	20130110104735_74222.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	1953890  
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 PM
PatternFlyer

What is the largest size motor that I can run on stock plastic gear box? I need a little more speed.
Currently running full stock 2.4 setup out of box.

Metral Track / Sprockets / Idler wheels ordered from Mato should be here tomorrow. Took a little too long. ordered on 28th. Shipped on 1/2 by UPS.
Unless it is really well boxed, I may have a damaged Tiger 1. Way too much delay by UPS saying "Weather problems"
Old 01-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Heh, Pattern I work at an airport indirectly with UPS (I'm maintenance with a smaller feeder cargo airline), and let me tell you the weather lately is not plane friendly at all... not to mention in -43C here in southern Ontario, they often don't even let workers load freight.

Anyhoo, any regular 2.3mm shaft can motor won't cause a ton of problems. With the stock gears you might want more torque over RPM. In rough usage the plastic gears won't last indefinitely no matter what you use

I've been slowly converting my lighter tanks over to using these : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJSS5 They're very fast compare to stock and have the power to back them up.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
PatternFlyer

Strato50,
I am going to install steel gear box in whenever I get a chance to get road wheels and a few other parts at the same time.

Well, I just got the box from Mato about an hour ago. Typical handling by UPS. crushed corners.
Need to test the Tiger 1. (27MHz with metal gear box, metal track & metal sprockets and idlers).
However, more important thing is missing. I ordered the Mato metal tracks with metal sprockets and idler wheels for the Leopard 2, but metal Sprockets and Idlers are not in the box.

Mato put Tiger metal parts and Leo2 metal tracks in the empty spaces on the back of the styrofoam box of Tiger 1. Tape around with a little bubbler wraps to cover.

Since metal sprockets and idler wheels didn't show, I don't think I will put the Leo2 metal tracks on yet. They sure weigh a lot.
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mato? So far, I haven't got a reply from 3 different e-mails to them.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Sky_HawK

Originally Posted by PatternFlyer
Strato50,
I am going to install steel gear box in whenever I get a chance to get road wheels and a few other parts at the same time.

Well, I just got the box from Mato about an hour ago. Typical handling by UPS. crushed corners.
Need to test the Tiger 1. (27MHz with metal gear box, metal track & metal sprockets and idlers).
However, more important thing is missing. I ordered the Mato metal tracks with metal sprockets and idler wheels for the Leopard 2, but metal Sprockets and Idlers are not in the box.

Mato put Tiger metal parts and Leo2 metal tracks in the empty spaces on the back of the styrofoam box of Tiger 1. Tape around with a little bubbler wraps to cover.

Since metal sprockets and idler wheels didn't show, I don't think I will put the Leo2 metal tracks on yet. They sure weigh a lot.
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mato? So far, I haven't got a reply from 3 different e-mails to them.
If you didn't get parts, it's likely that Mato didn't have them in stock in the Canada location and they are coming from China. This happened to me when I ordered my Leo2 with idlers and sprockets.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
PatternFlyer

Originally Posted by Sky_HawK
If you didn't get parts, it's likely that Mato didn't have them in stock in the Canada location and they are coming from China. This happened to me when I ordered my Leo2 with idlers and sprockets.

If they do, why don't they tell me what shipped from where?
I do retail business and at any time if something is missing in the order, I contact the customer first before shipping anything.
I don't like to order something that is not in stock just because of unnecessary waiting.
Still waiting for Mato to reply to my e-mails. I will give them the whole weekend to response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.