Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DAK TC Figures

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DAK TC Figures

I'm looking for some DAK TC figures for my PzIV build. I've found one that looks like it will work well (see images of a painted example). I thought this one came from the Tamiya Full Option Tiger I. But, when I look at the owner's manual, the TC is different. Anyone know where I could source the one in the blue circle?

Also, can the arms be repositioned? (rotated up or down)

TIA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	shapeimage_1.png
Views:	88
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	2041681   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4201.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2041682  
Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 AM
cb671

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can check here though most are 1/18 scale: http://www.ww2toys.net/ you just have to contact them for the shipping as their shipping calc is way off.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Phill at it's on the k sprue for the DAK tiger, painted one up for mine:

Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
philipat

@tomhugill...thanks. I thought it was a Tiger I part from Tamiya. So, I've done a little more research and it seems that Tamiya has ceased production on all of their Tiger I's. However, according to this thread (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...-versions.html), the most recent Tiger I FO kit included the K-sprue (early ones did not apparently). Was the most recent Tiger I kit model #84273 (http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...oduction-84273)? I ask because it's manual is a duplicate of the 56010 and doesn't mention the K-sprue, but its product picture is similar to the static kit (http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/plast...rly-prod-36203). And the K-sprue isn't in its parts listing. Trying to see if that sprue is still in production...
Old 10-23-2014, 12:33 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Axels modellbau sell the k sprue but it's about 30 euros.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Phillip, you might want to look at this one. The description says the arms and hands can be posed in several different positions so it might work for you. Expensive, though.

http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/k...-16::1669.html
Old 10-23-2014, 03:12 AM
philipat

@tom...ouch...too much. I may go with the Tamiya 1:16 DAK crew member and chop off his legs. I might be able to use the HL arms or just leave him with a canteen and cup...would need that in the desert anyways. I would have already done that, but I'm not digging the "Mr. Smiley". I wonder if anyone has an extra TC from their Tamiya kits...all I would need is the head.

@maxu52...thanks, but that's not correct for a DAK uniform. It's a good Wehrmacht uniform, though. And, expensive...
Old 10-23-2014, 06:59 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

The two figs are from mine and streetsquid's DAK Tigers. K sprue it is. The paint jobs can be seen here...

http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK2/Figure_Painting.html
Old 10-24-2014, 01:57 PM
philipat

Originally Posted by edoubleaz
The two figs are from mine and streetsquid's DAK Tigers. K sprue it is. The paint jobs can be seen here...

http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK2/Figure_Painting.html
They're great work!

Anyone that built a newer Tamiya Tiger I have the TC from the K-sprue that they didn't use and would be willing to part with it? If so, PM me and we can work out a payment for your TC.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Max-U52

Hey Philip,

Now, I'm not suggesting this for your current search, but I'm wondering if you've ever tried to do anything with these guys. I think he's Forces of Valor (18th) and I think he's DAK. I was thinking maybe I could set the limbs where I want them, fix them in place, maybe with CA, then use milliput or squadron putty to fill in all the swivel joints and repaint. What do you think about this uniform? If I use him should I lose the web gear? A TC wouldn't wear that, would he? For me the main attraction to this TC is the hands and face. Oh yeah, the hat comes off, but I forgot to get a pic like that. So what do you think? Too cheesy?

Name:	100_2628.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	2042136   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2629.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2042137  
Old 10-25-2014, 03:00 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try Karen or Natasha at the AAF in Danville? I picked up my K sprue from them a few years agog. The K sprue was from the static Tiger kit, so it is not listed on theirs site.

Name:	Tamiya Tiger 36203 K Sprue.png
Views:	63
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	2042147  
Old 10-26-2014, 02:25 AM
philipat

Originally Posted by maxu52
Hey Philip,

Now, I'm not suggesting this for your current search, but I'm wondering if you've ever tried to do anything with these guys. I think he's Forces of Valor (18th) and I think he's DAK. I was thinking maybe I could set the limbs where I want them, fix them in place, maybe with CA, then use milliput or squadron putty to fill in all the swivel joints and repaint. What do you think about this uniform? If I use him should I lose the web gear? A TC wouldn't wear that, would he? For me the main attraction to this TC is the hands and face. Oh yeah, the hat comes off, but I forgot to get a pic like that. So what do you think? Too cheesy?

I've seen people work with similar figures in the past. That looks more like an infantry uniform than a tanker's uniform, but you could probably work with it like you described. The web gear would have to go. Tankers didn't need that in their tanks. But, you could probably make it work.

Originally Posted by ksoc
Did you try Karen or Natasha at the AAF in Danville? I picked up my K sprue from them a few years agog. The K sprue was from the static Tiger kit, so it is not listed on theirs site.
Yea, I went there first. They don't have any in stock and it seems that Tamiya isn't listing them as parts available for order.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Max-U52

It's really good to know someone that knows a bit about uniforms, Philip. Now I'm thinking I should just take the head and hands off this guy and use them on a different body. I only like the hands so much because they actually grip and hold the little guy in place, and this head is cool for the tan.