Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IBU2 Started playing music???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IBU2 Started playing music???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:49 PM
jroz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IBU2 Started playing music???

Hey guys I was just playing around with my new IBU2 board set up in my panther G and all of a sudden German marching music briefly started playing out the tank. Now I know I wasn't hallucinating because someone else was in the room and they heard it too. I have no idea how this happened or what stick command made this happen. All I know is I was wiggling the turret around a bit and it just started then when I moved the stick a bit more it stopped. Anyone have idea how to make the music play again?? I didn't see anything in the instructions about random sounds playing out the tank.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2015, 04:09 PM
pedzola

In the pro version you can assign channel 6 to control 3 different sounds. It's typically on a knob on your 6-channel radio. You turn the knob and one of the 3 sounds plays depending on how far you turn it...

You can find documentation here: http://rctankelectronics.weebly.com/download.html

On a related note - does anyone know how to create sounds? I used an audio editor to save a sound file as a mono, 8-bit, 22khz sample... but the file wouldn't play. It was about 600kb, but I think I read that anything smaller than 1mb was good. Anyone had success making their own ibu2 sound fx?
Old 05-23-2015, 04:49 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to create sounds in the wav file format. It is pretty much exactly the same as the EL MOD process. You save and name all the files and then you build a script file that identifies which files should be played and when, Imagine each sound file is a chapter in a book. Now imagine the chapters were shuffled out of sequence. You would need an index to tell you what order to read the chapters. This is what the script file does. It has been a long time since I programmed anything for these, and I have forgotten the exact terminology.

The IBU2 manual has a section dedicated to this though.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:29 AM
jroz

So I've found the file on my IBU2 SD card that's the song I heard (I wasn't going mad). It's labeled as plfull.wav. Now somehow I did something that made that song start playing out the tank and I have no idea how to reproduce it. Is it possible it was just a card error? Do the IBU2s sometimes just start playing random sound files that are on the SD card? Or is there some sequence on the handset that you can press that makes other sounds play? This is not the IBU2 pro btw, it's the standard.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:41 AM
kizwan

Well I have watched few videos on tanks with IBU2 Pro board before & in a couple of the videos, I did hear (German??) music + people talking playing. It also happened when the tank stationary, not while the tank moving. So I guessed he triggered it.

Probably with base board, the sound probably playing when the tank idling??

Last edited by kizwan; 05-23-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Have you asked Ian about it?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:55 AM
jroz

Yes I've seen those videos with pro board. The pro allows you to play 3 sounds using the control nobs. On the base board for a music/sound file on the SD card to start playing randomly is just plain weird. .ini file on the soundcard doesn't list that particular sound file as being associated with any command. Yet the song played and later I checked the SD card and found the exact song that played on there. So this is one heck of a mystery.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:59 AM
jroz

I didn't really want to bother Ian, I've already milked enough of his time trying to figure something out with the receiver. It's not like this is a problem, it's just a really weird thing that happened that I can't rationalize. Imagine if all of a sudden you're driving your jagpanther and it started playing Kossak Marching music
Old 05-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by jroz
Hey guys I was just playing around with my new IBU2 board set up in my panther G and all of a sudden German marching music briefly started playing out the tank. Now I know I wasn't hallucinating because someone else was in the room and they heard it too. I have no idea how this happened or what stick command made this happen. All I know is I was wiggling the turret around a bit and it just started then when I moved the stick a bit more it stopped. Anyone have idea how to make the music play again?? I didn't see anything in the instructions about random sounds playing out the tank.

Thanks
Dude, stay away from that "Cheap Tequila"....!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

You really should tell Ian about it. I felt the same way, that I didn't want to bother him with a little glitch I had since it was really no big deal, but he was very emphatic when he told me he wants to hear about any and ALL glitches, so they can investigate them and see what the deal is. So definitely email him about this. You won't be bothering him, you'll actually be doing him a service. NOT telling him about it would be the wrong thing to do. If you want you can tell him that I insisted you contact him about this.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

The song file, plfull, is common to the microSD cards for base and pro models. The sound file is triggered by the 6th channel on the pro version.
Were any wiring changes made that could result in the triggering of the file on power up? One way to defeat the occurrence is to delete the file.

Jerry
Old 05-24-2015, 03:46 PM
jroz

The issue wasn't that it played, it was how to make it play again. It only did it one time and I haven't been able to reproduce the effect since. It also didn't play on power up, it played during turret rotation, but as previously stated, only 1 time did it ever happen.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:13 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may have been caused by a low battery. Some digital triggers are very sensitive to voltage. A low battery and the current drawn while you rotated the turret may have resulted in a false trigger.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Songs are either played by triggering them on the additional channels or when your tank is 'reborn', 15 seconds after being destroyed in an IR battle.
Check on the SD card which sound is assigned to the "Birth" flag.
Only randomly played sounds are the chain squeaks when running.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:08 PM
BubbaJePH

Would it not be proper to play Wagner "Die Walküre" if you had a German Tank? Just saying
Old 07-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaJePH
Would it not be proper to play Wagner "Die Walküre" if you had a German Tank? Just saying
I already did it couple of months ago, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B4V6vBLRag
Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

After 'Apocalypse Now' movie, that song reminds me more of a chopper assault...
Old 07-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I took the song from the apocalypse now OST,

Now I want an helicopter, lol.