Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New to the forum need help with my ibu2 boards

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New to the forum need help with my ibu2 boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 04:48 PM
CarlRpanzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum need help with my ibu2 boards

Recently purchased two ibu2 boards from RC tank de. I've been building and customizing for years and have had alot of success with Clark.
I saw video on the ibu2 And had to have them for two tigers I'm building.

So far both boards turn on and all mechanical function works but am having a really bad time with no sounds at all!

Both boards are calibrated to my radio and turret and tracks move but no sounds. Both have the supplied SD cards installed. Checked the small fuse all good?

How the heck do you set these damn things up? I have new visaton speakers and the sound volume control tests good

Please help
Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Standby, Carl, and I'll see if the expert is awake.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:51 PM
CarlRpanzer

Thanks so much
Old 03-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Crius

Carl, I sent a message to a great guy named Ian Judge. He's the guy I get all my IBUs from (I have 4 so far) and he's an avid tanker and knows more about the IBU than anyone else I know. Hopefully he'll chime in and help you out, but he's in Great Britain so he may be asleep by now. I also do business at rctank.de and they're pretty cool, but I always get my IBUs from Ian, just because of the great tech support.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:00 PM
CarlRpanzer

Thanks again. I have seen his name come up before. I am hoping to sort these out . now that he comes so highly recommend I will also look to do business with him too

I appreciate your quick response.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
CarlRpanzer

I have made sure my battery is fully charged. The SD card reader is working I'm thinking it's user error on my part . just want to get the Tiger I sounds to play. I have been battling this issue for about two weeks now and found alot if good information on this forum in regards to setting up my radio and controls. Just wish setting up my SD cards would be easier
Old 03-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Tanker 10

Have you tried disconnecting the Visaton speakers and plugging in a single speaker? Are you installing the IBU2's in a Taigen or Heng Long tank, if so, give the volume control a tug from side to side. I've had two fail on my Taigen tanks and when I moved the sound adjusting knob it worked. Also, I remember reading on the rctankelectronics web site that if running two speakers you need another device to make them work. I'm just running a single speaker on my IBU2's. I'll go take a look and see exactly what that device is.

Last edited by Tanker 10; 03-02-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:30 PM
CarlRpanzer

No I will try that tonight. I will give anything a try. Just weird how I have all control functions on both boards but no sounds from either board or SD card combo.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Tanker 10

I just looked at the site and the device is called a TPA. RCtanelectronics sells two vision speakers, the TPA, and two volume controls as a package. I know I've read if you are running two speakers, you need the TPA but I can't find the post right now.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:42 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

You guys know there is a US dealer for the IBU and if you buy them from him he provides tech support.

try just one speaker plugged in the right way. Have you downloaded and printed the manual out for the ibu so you know what you are doing?
Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 PM
CarlRpanzer

I've read and download the manual a bunch of times. I only found out about the US dealer from the ibu2 manufacturer when I contacted them for help. I think mi struggling to get the sounds set up properly on my cards.... I'm not very computer savvy
Old 03-02-2016, 05:56 PM
CarlRpanzer

At this stage I'd buy a card already set up for a Tiger 1 and or another board already programmed with the set I need. I'm sure someone else out there has had this problem.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Tanker 10

Originally Posted by CarlRpanzer
At this stage I'd buy a card already set up for a Tiger 1 and or another board already programmed with the set I need. I'm sure someone else out there has had this problem.
OK, did your boards come pre-loaded with sounds or do you have to load them yourself? If you have to load them yourself then I think we are working with a different problem.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:09 PM
CarlRpanzer

They come preloaded with multiple sounds assigned to different tanks. You choose the tank you are building and assign that file to the SD card . it maybe that I'm not loading the files correctly. This is hard to understand but maybe there is a trick to loading the file correctly.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:33 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Here is what you do, open the sd card. There is a folder wit a whole bunch of files below it.
Mine all came loaded with tiger sounds.
to reset it to tiger for sure, make a copy of the whole card into a folder on your pc.
then go back to the card and delete all the files other than that folder.
then go into the folder and find the sub folder for the tiger. Open the folder. Select all, copy these files. Do not cut them.
then go back to the beginning of the sd card where you only see the folder, click on the white open space below the folder, do not click on the folder, then paste all these files onto the sd card at this spot. It is called the root directory, the first thing you see when you open the sd card.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:30 AM
Crius

Carl, I heard from Ian, and he says give him a shout at his website and he may be able to help you out.

http://www.rctankelectronics.com/store/p3/IBU2_Pro.html

Contact Ian here and good luck, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:56 AM
CarlRpanzer

You rock I'll be in contact with Ian much appreciated