Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Sherman Full Function

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Sherman Full Function

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:03 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Sherman Full Function

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying one of the Tamiya full function Sherman kits. I notice it says it uses a 2 channel radio system but you could also use a 4 channel radio system. What would the tank do with the 4 channel system that it doesn't do as of now with the 2 channel radio system??
Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Tamiya Sherman Full Function

Monkey,
you can use 2 channel. you drive, stop then you can roate turret and fire gun stuff.
but when you use 4 channel, u can drive and fire at same time.

do not buy sherman, go for a Pershing. or leopard 2a6.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:05 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Thanks for the info tomzag... I was also looking at the Pershing.. Any particular reason not to get a Sherman?? Also does the Pershing have all the sounds like the Sherman?? I've got a video of the Tamiya Sherman and I love that engine starting sound..
Old 04-12-2005, 12:27 PM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Sherman is the old tooling, just has the new electronics. also it has no gun recoil.
Pershing is full singing full dancing.
detail is amazing.
but Pershing is a very hard to build one.
check my site:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeochp7
there are some pictures of pershing and shermans.
good luck monkey.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:34 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

I have all 4 WWII Tamiya Tanks as does tomzag... FOr a FIRST TANK you cannot beat the SHERMAN...Easier to learn on than the PERSHING....THe Pershing or LEO2 should NOT be a first tank...It will frustrate the HELL out of someone who does NOT have a lot of r/c car or plane experience DUe to the LACK of SPACE inside...Monkey Bone....Look down in the Tank forum at the inside GUTS of my Pershing...NO ROOM for anything...VERY TIGHT FIT>>>> it is NOT impossible to build/assemble just LOTS of Patience... THE SHERMAN is SOOOO Roomy compared to the Pershing... DON't be strayed from the SHERMAN...IT IS AN AWESOME TANK and is legendary...follow my build below..I am assembling one as we speak.... You want to use the 4 Channel Radio so you will drive , turn shoot the 105 mm Gun and the machine gun , also rotate the turret and also has lights!!! really cool.... You can use a Futaba system and it Plugs right into the Multifunction Unit...EASY!!!! So don't stray... Get yourself the SHERMAN and ROCK on!!! YOu can call me if you;d like ...SPeaking on the phone is easier at times... private message me your phone # if you;d like and I will call you...I am off work today...
Happy Tanking..