RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Clark electronics TK20 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11137871-clark-electronics-tk20.html)

tomhugill 11-18-2012 02:33 PM

RE: Clark electronics TK20

Search tk20 t55 on youtube and youll find the demo video

YHR 11-18-2012 05:03 PM

The T55 is OK, but in my opinion not as nice as the Tiger. It has a very long reloading sound clip that plays, and again just not my kind of thing. Others may find it fantastic.

gorehound 11-19-2012 03:13 PM

Hi

I agree with you on that one. Not so keen on the engine sound either but realise that may just be from the sound from the clip playing on my computer speakers making it sound a bit off. Think I might just go the Benedini route for the T-55 and will get the Clark for the Tiger.

cheers
Gorehound

MAUS45 11-20-2012 06:24 AM

So did you use the HL cable kit for this from Clark? I am going to order the TK20E-RU for my T-34 and want to be sure I get the right cables. I am going to use a Tamiya Apple with it as I have two of them already.

Green Amphibian 11-20-2012 08:13 AM

Just got my Clark TK20E US yesterday and have not had a chance to do more than open the envelope as of yet.

Herman

YHR 11-20-2012 04:44 PM

Hi Herman

Let me know how that Clark U.S. version sounds.

Thanks

Dan

Green Amphibian 11-20-2012 04:47 PM

Will do.

Herman

reyemmanuel 11-25-2012 04:22 PM

hello all,

I've shot Clark an email regarding some queries below which some of the good rc tankers here may have thought of as well.
<div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><font face="times new roman, new york, times,serif">
</font></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">1. Wouldn't it be good if the bergepanzer mode be expanded such it can also reload the ammo loadout of the the vehicle being repaired to its initial ammo level. This would in essence provide a sense of logistical perspective when doing battles (i.e., scenarios) or series of battles (i.e., campaigns).</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">
</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">This paves way to tank company battles, with 3 x tank combatants, 1 HQ vehicle/bergepanzer, and 1 scout (i.e., halftrack),whereby logistics and recon must be factored in not just simply blasting away. Especially with the iDrive project rolling, this I think would really be enjoyable. For instance, scouts may probe the front with MGs and may take out the HQ vehicles, or flanking manuevers to either keep your HQ vehicle (such that repair, resupply and perhaps reinforcement-tank respawn) or destroy enemy HQ to deny these functions. </span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">
</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">2. As to the the MG firing function, would the IR10 be used for this purpose and would just be a simple swap to the HL-provided MG led?</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">
</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">3. Variable IR range toggle switch or add-on board to the TK boards to dial down IR range. For instance, if the max IR range of current technology is about 30 m, then this would be reserved for the modern guns.</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;"></span>(Option 5, 30 m range)<span style="background-color: transparent;">guns with &gt; 105 mm</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">(Option 4, 25 m range) for 90 to 105 mm as well as 88 mm L71 on the KT's. </span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">(Option 3, 20 m range) for 76 mm, 17 pdr, 88 L/56, 75 mm L/70</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">(Option 2, 10 m range) for 75 mm</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">(Option 1, 5 m range) for guns 37-57 mm</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;">
</span></div><div style="background-color: transparent;"><span style="background-color: transparent;"><font face="times new roman, new york, times, serif" size="3">5. Any plans on making the IR hit receiver, such to eliminate inconsistencies of the HBU? A CBU (clark battle unit) with 4 sensors similar to the DBU (david's/darkith battle unit).</font>

<font face="times new roman, new york, times, serif" size="3">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCB4Dg9jOBI&amp;list=UUGPlSi3LD9CKkTcV-l4EEGw&amp;index=4&amp;feature=plcp</font><br type="_moz" style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;" /></span></div>

YHR 11-25-2012 06:22 PM

Nice video. The Tiger sound set Clark is very nice. A Tamiya TBU plugs right into a clark board, so you have a quality mass produced IR sensor's available. I think this is very important. The standard IR sensor removes a lot of inconsistency, and problematic questions about fairness around IR battling.

reyemmanuel 11-25-2012 10:11 PM

Thanks Dan, the TK20E-T1 really does sound good. Indeed I agree with you Dan that a quality-mass produced IR battle sensor is very important. The TBU (and if set to TFA) removes the inconsistencies. If only a less expensive IR battle sensor, mass produced Clark or anyone does a mass-produced IR battle sensor.

Here are Clark's responses to the queries and my comments set forth:

<div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"><span style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">1. Wouldn't it be good if the bergepanzer mode be expanded such it can also reload the ammo loadout of the the vehicle being repaired to its initial ammo level. This would in essence provide a sense of logistical perspective when doing battles (i.e., scenarios) or series of battles (i.e., campaigns).
</span><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><font size="2" face="新細明體"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman" style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;">Answer: We may have a bergepanzerversion TK20 wtih real sound and function if I have chance.
</font><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman" style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;">Comment: This is becoming exciting! A bergepanzer version, with real sound and repair and ammo resupply functions.
</font></span></font></span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"><span style="background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">2. As to the the MG firing function, would the IR10 be used for this purpose and would just be a simple swap to the HL-provided MG led?
</span><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Answer: No, you can not use IR led as MG led, it's not visible.
<br type="_moz" /></span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">Comment: So does this means that when MG is fired, the IR LED for the main gun does fire as well to provide the IR pulsation. In other words, we don't need another IR LED for the MG function. As such once the MG is fired, the MG LED lights up in sync with the sound as well as IR LED pulsation?</span></div><div style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"><span style="background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">
3. Variable IR range toggle switch or add-on board to the TK boards to dial down IR range. For instance, if the max IR range of current technology is about 30 m, then this would be reserved for the modern guns.
</span><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Answer: it's very easy to do you user, justhave a VR inline with the ir ledlead.
</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">Comment: As YHR had experimented this is doable with a 500 ohm variable trimpot. What remains is a consensus on the gun range functionality. Whislt everyone strives for historical significance in both aesthetics and functionality, this area seems not well recieved.</span></div><div id="yui_3_7_2_16_1353907897613_146" style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"></div><div id="yui_3_7_2_16_1353907897613_146" style="font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;"><span style="background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); font-size: medium;">5. Any plans on making the IR hit receiver, such to eliminate inconsistencies of the HBU? A CBU (clark battle unit) with 4 sensors similar to the DBU (david's/darkith battle unit).
</span><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Answer: No, this again can be easily done by user, just wire 4 sensors paralle to ir port, no PCBis required.
</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">Comment: Whislt this route is doable, a TBU-qualitywise receiver. If another standard becomes the soup-of-the-day, how about multiple IR receivers set a the tank hull (4) and turret (4) ?
cheers.../Rey<br type="_moz" /></span></div>

tsull 12-09-2012 11:31 AM

TIME TO SHIP?
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship from Clarke to U.S. Westcoast (Phoenix)? I received confirmation that it was shipped on December 4th, but I can't seem to track the shipment. I sent my DB3/TBS/RX18 back for repairs as I totally mashed the installation (got tricky and suffered from a bad and intermittent connection - it's a great system and solely my fault).
I'm really hoping before Christmas so I can have my KT ready to go for the DAK December 29th battle.
If not, very sad....
Or, does anyone have an El Mod and sound blaster used ready to go for a KT and can ship quick?
Thanks
TJS

tomhugill 12-09-2012 12:14 PM

To the uk the shipping has been very quick, under a week for most. You won't get any tracking till it gets into the US. You should Definatly get it before Xmas unless there's a customs mishap
<br type="_moz" />

tsull 12-09-2012 12:35 PM

Thanks!
tjs

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 12-09-2012 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: tsull

TIME TO SHIP?
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship from Clarke to U.S. Westcoast (Phoenix)? I received confirmation that it was shipped on December 4th, but I can't seem to track the shipment. I sent my DB3/TBS/RX18 back for repairs as I totally mashed the installation (got tricky and suffered from a bad and intermittent connection - it's a great system and solely my fault).
I'm really hoping before Christmas so I can have my KT ready to go for the DAK December 29th battle.
If not, very sad....
Or, does anyone have an El Mod and sound blaster used ready to go for a KT and can ship quick?
Thanks
TJS
Todd,
For my experience the packages from Clark only took 4 days to get to US customs. However, even if the USPS website didn't show any tracking information at all, for well over the 4 days, for my packages coming from Clark, when it finally did show info, the arrival date into customs was always within the 4 days from Clark's informed shipping date anyway. I had a couple packages where the tracking info wasn't updated until almost a week had gone by, &amp; one package where the tracking information was never updated properly until the package was delivered.

Unfortunately, even though the trip from China to US only took 4 days for all my packages, every board I received from Clark so far (6), had taken exactly 14 days from the informed shipping date, to actually landing at my doorstep.

The customs out here in NY (where my packages land) seems to be very slow at releasing packages coming from China, so the last 10 days out of the full 14 was mostly the package just sitting in customs, the last 2 days to go through the Philly main distribution center &amp; through my local PO for final delivery.

Hopefully on the west coast the customs will move it through more quickly for you. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

~ Craig ~

tsull 12-09-2012 02:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up. With the strike in California and if that is of issue, I'm just hoping to get the boards by Christmas. I'll need a couple of days to install and change my elevation servo most likely.
tjs
PS: How do you like the Controllers? I have the Tiger board for a King Tiger. Hope it's close enough until my DB3/TBS is fixed.

Tanque 12-09-2012 04:56 PM

Clark lists several products in the TK2x range. It seems that the TK22 to be released later this month
has the additional feature of eliminating chassis recoil and has momentum ability. That would appear to be worth
waiting for, no?

I've been on the proverbial fence on these but I like the features so far. The additional features the TK22 would offer
would push me over.

Jerry

clarkmodel 12-09-2012 06:19 PM

TK22-M1 Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QdwzK4vB94

Tanque 12-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quite impressive. Will there be versions available with effects suitable for WWII German, Russian and American vehicles? ( The most common of the existing commercially
available models). I'd be interested in several for my models.

Jerry

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 12-09-2012 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Tanque

Clark lists several products in the TK2x range. It seems that the TK22 to be released later this month
has the additional feature of eliminating chassis recoil and has momentum ability. That would appear to be worth
waiting for, no?

I've been on the proverbial fence on these but I like the features so far. The additional features the TK22 would offer
would push me over.

Jerry
For an extra $14 you actually get 4 better functions with the TK22 boards since one function is split into 2 separate choices:<div style="margin-left: 40px;">1) Chassis Recoil On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 80px;"> a) Taking a Hit Hull Recoil On/Off
b) Firing Main Gun Hull Recoil On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 40px;">2) Driving Momentum On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 40px;">3) Gun Elevation Servo Port</div>
I think it would be worth the extra $14 for the TK22 myself, but that is something each individual will just have to decide for themselves.

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 12-09-2012 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

Nice to see you join RCU Clark!

~ Craig ~

Baron Fel 12-09-2012 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

Holy crap!, I just got aerection. That brings back some memories!

Baron
<br type="_moz" />

Green Amphibian 12-09-2012 08:20 PM

Yes, I am glad you are here also!

Herman

clarkmodel 12-09-2012 10:05 PM

Quite impressive. Will there be versions available with effects suitable for WWII German, Russian and American vehicles? ( The most common of the existing commercially
available models). I'd be interested in several for my models.

Jerry
Hi,Jerry,

Sound package is independent to platfoms, so you can have TK22 with geman , Russian or American sound version.

Regards,
Clark

clarkmodel 12-09-2012 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

Yes, I am glad you are here also!

Herman

Herman

Good to see you too.

Regards,
Clark

clarkmodel 12-09-2012 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

waiting for, no?

would push me over.

Jerry
For an extra $14 you actually get 4 better functions with the TK22 boards since one function is split into 2 separate choices:<div style="margin-left: 40px;">1) Chassis Recoil On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 80px;"> a) Taking a Hit Hull Recoil On/Off
b) Firing Main Gun Hull Recoil On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 40px;">2) Driving Momentum On/Off</div><div style="margin-left: 40px;">3) Gun Elevation Servo Port</div>
I think it would be worth the extra $14 for the TK22 myself, but that is something each individual will just have to decide for themselves.

~ Craig ~
Thanks for the summary, Craig.

One thing need be added here is that h/w modification is required if you need Gun Elevation Servo Port., unsolder one resistor and resolder it to another pad.

Regards,
Clark