RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Clark electronics TK20 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11137871-clark-electronics-tk20.html)

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-02-2013 09:29 AM

RE: Clark electronics TK20

ORIGINAL: mustclime

***...every time I want to get on the clack site, I get its not there message.....I am trying to get the e100 turret done and they have a server made by lego....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/confused.gif ... sorry, but I have no issues at all getting on the Clark Model website at this time, or when navigating different areas of the site. Maybe the issue is on your side, or if there was an issue with Clark's site, it's been resolved.

~ Craig ~

FreakyDude 01-02-2013 10:52 AM

Wade Yes I will have stock on the remotes, TBU bases, wiring, switches etc etc shortly. I have been using a clark board for a little bit as well so I could learn how to support it. I am a try and do person that hates manuals even though I do read them.

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Freaky, I see on Clark's website that you will be carrying these boards. Will you also carry the accessories? Like the tamiya apple base, Sony remote, etc. I think the way that I am going to go with my Sherman build is to go with the waltersons gears and a TK-22

Cheers
Wade

mustclime 01-02-2013 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

***...every time I want to get on the clack site, I get its not there message.....I am trying to get the e100 turret done and they have a server made by lego....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/confused.gif ... sorry, but I have no issues at all getting on the Clark Model website at this time, or when navigating different areas of the site. Maybe the issue is on your side, or if there was an issue with Clark's site, it's been resolved.

~ Craig ~

I get this.....

<h2>The web address you entered could not be found</h2><div id="afe-apop">[<font color="#0000cc">more information</font>]</div>

You were trying to go tohttp://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

</p>

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-02-2013 11:18 AM

I get this.....
<h2>The web address you entered could not be found</h2><div id="afe-apop">[<font color="#0000cc">more information</font>]</div>

You were trying to go tohttp://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

Sorry you are having issues with the Clark site mustclime, but again, I am having no issues at all with the Clark website using both Firefox &amp; Chrome browsers, so there does not seem to be an issue on their side as far as I can see. There might be something funky going on with your particular system or ISP.

If you continue to have issues getting to their website when others don't, then try some other measures, like totally cleaning your browser cache/history/offline data etc., try using a different browser, reboot your computer, or even try a different computer altogether. As a last resort, if you aren't having issues with any other website at all, then you should ask your own internet service provider why you might be having that issue with only the Clark website.

~ Craig ~</p>

Ten41 01-02-2013 11:39 AM

Icopied the url that was included in the error message (http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html) and was able to hit that page directly. Loaded fine. So, that is two outside your provider network that can hit the page.

I think the suggestions from B.A.D.A.S.S.Force are your best bet right now.

tsull 01-02-2013 11:47 AM

(FOR CRAIG)
Do you have a date when you will have the TK22 Ti boards in?
Full of questions:
I assume running LiPoly's are not a problem?
Can you run a brushless motor(s) with the Clarke boards?
Thanks!
tjs

Love To build 01-02-2013 11:53 AM

I have not had a problem. Use this link http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

mustclime 01-02-2013 12:23 PM

looks like the site is not compatable with windows xp and aol......

AFV432 01-02-2013 12:54 PM

looks like the site is not compatable with windows xp and aol......
you'll probably find that it's AOL when i was with them they started banning web addresses that they deem unsafe/dodgy ;)

Rob

Ten41 01-02-2013 01:22 PM

XP shoud not be an issue. Ihave an XPtest system running IE 8 and it viewed fine.

FreakyDude 01-02-2013 01:46 PM

I have a limited supply of TK22 boards on the way and unfortunately they are spoken for. I am told early to mid February the stock situation will open up and there should be enough to fill whatever anybody wanted but until then it is pulling hens teeth to get them.
I have not run a Lipo on them but the board itself does not care where the electricity comes from as long as the voltage and amps are good there should be no issue. I would say running any type of motor system with the TK22 or TK20 would depend on keeping everything within the parameters of the boards needs.
ie a little homewrok matching motors to batteries and the boards will offer a much better scenario like all lipo systems. With the track current at 20 amps on the TK boards that would leave a few options open.
I'll put you on my e-mail list and let you know when the TK22 gets here.

ORIGINAL: tsull

(FOR CRAIG)
Do you have a date when you will have the TK22 Ti boards in?
Full of questions:
I assume running LiPoly's are not a problem?
Can you run a brushless motor(s) with the Clarke boards?
Thanks!
tjs

tsull 01-02-2013 02:02 PM

Thanks!
As soon as possible would be great.
tjs

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-02-2013 02:44 PM

I don't know the many details of the ins &amp; out differences between brushed &amp; brushless motors &amp; ESCs, but I do know they are quite different in the way they operate &amp; the ESC must be able to handle which type motor you will be using.

So I don't know if it's just a case of making sure brushless motor specs are within the amperage / voltage limitations of the board in the possibility they might work. If the ESCs on the boards were brushless, I guess they may be able to handle brushed motors, but because I thought all brushless motors are 3 wired, &amp; the ESC on the TK20/TK22 boards only handle 2 wired motors properly, I would assume that limits them to using the typical brushed motors only. But that's just a guess on my part, sorry.

However, the best one to answer technical questions of this nature about the ability of the boards would be Clark.

~ Craig ~

tsull 01-02-2013 03:55 PM

That's my understanding also.
Too bad. Brushless motors have incredible torque. With the right controller and programming, it may be possible to run the brushless motor with no or nominal geardowns. I hear there's a new controller comping out this spring that will allow brushless motors (can't think of it off hand..).
tjs

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-02-2013 03:59 PM

Too bad. Brushless motors have incredible torque. With the right controller and programming, it may be possible to run the brushless motor with no or nominal geardowns. I hear there's a new controller comping out this spring that will allow brushless motors (can't think of it off hand..).
tjs
The new rcTabu Taipan board being developed &amp; discussed here (Taipan discussion thread) will allow either brushed or brushless motors to be used.

~ Craig ~

mustclime 01-02-2013 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Ten41

XP shoud not be an issue. Ihave an XPtest system running IE 8 and it viewed fine.

I just tried it on my wifes windows 7 computer and I get the same message. Thinking AOL is blocking it..........It would be nice if clarkposted a pdfor moved thesitetoa server that is flagged as something that needs to be blocked.

Love To build 01-02-2013 04:50 PM

You might be able to edit the blocked sites using the parental controls in AOL

clarkmodel 01-02-2013 07:58 PM

tjs
Tjs.

TK board doesn't support brushless motor.

Brushless motor is good for high speed application, like airplane &amp; racing car, but not good for tank as its low speed linearity is not good as brush motor.

Regards,
Clark

tsull 01-02-2013 09:20 PM

I was looking and reading up on some of the new sensored brushless motors used in the rock crawling rc hobbies. The torque is amazing and it likes like the potential "stuttering" effect has been solved.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I always forget the golden rule that simple is better (brushed motors and trany's work well).
Tj

clarkmodel 01-02-2013 10:05 PM

I was looking and reading up on some of the new sensored brushless motors used in the rock crawling rc hobbies. The torque is amazing and it likes like the potential "stuttering" effect has been solved.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I always forget the golden rule that simple is better (brushed motors and trany's work well).
Tj

<div><font size="3">Exactly, few tanker here in Taiwan once fit their tank with brushless motors years ago, and eventually find it doesn't do anything better but costly, so no one is trying to use brushless motors now.
</font></div>

mustclime 01-03-2013 07:39 AM

lol......Ihad to walk way last night, I ether cooked the speaker or the sound unit on the board last night trying to get the tank to turn....goes forward and backwards but no turns......now all the motors run but no sound....guess its a good thing I bought 2 tk20t boards......I love the sound on the clark but the setup on these boards is a pia.

tomhugill 01-03-2013 07:49 AM

Hey Scott, I think Brel on rctankregiment made a PDF of all the instructions. Should be in the Clark section.

mustclime 01-03-2013 08:20 AM

Thanks, I will look....In working with this board, has any one been able toseperate the sticks forhull and turret functions? In ir battleing not being able to turn the tank and turn the turret at the same time will be an issue, same with gun elevation and driving. With a tamiya tank able to do everything with the turret with one stick and everything with the hull with the other stick, guys with the clark board are just going to be easy kills up close.

tomhugill 01-03-2013 08:23 AM

The guys have the stick setup in the tamiya style with the drive on one and gun functions on the other. Just have to get the channels setup right

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-03-2013 09:04 AM

lol......Ihad to walk way last night, I ether cooked the speaker or the sound unit on the board last night trying to get the tank to turn....goes forward and backwards but no turns......now all the motors run but no sound....guess its a good thing I bought 2 tk20t boards......I love the sound on the clark but the setup on these boards is a pia.
mustclime, the link I sent you in the PM should work, if you click on it &amp; only see blank pages in the browser screen, then try using the download button that should be present on the page, it will download the file properly so you should then be able to see the whole PDF file properly.

I've never installed anything in an RC tank before doing my own Clark board installations, but from my experience I had most of the functions working properly with my FlySky CT6B controller basically just plugging in most the original wired plugs directly from my IR HL tanks right into the Clark board, while the only really pita for me was redoing the recoil to make it work. Sorry you are having all these issues.

I'm not quite sure how you could have burned out the speaker or board's sound chip just trying to get the tank to turn, that's very odd &amp; would be unfortunate. With the hundreds of boards sold &amp; installed, component failure on the boards themselves has been almost non-existent. Not saying it can't happen, but it's extremely rare.

The Volume pot connection or Volume pot itself could also be the issue, because without it connected securely &amp; working properly there won't be any sound at all.

It seems more like the board may not have been put through the setup steps exactly as listed onClark's site to get a fully working install, which is understandable if you couldn't get to them to follow the steps accordingly, or maybe the controller/mode/trims aren't set up properly to allow full control of all the functions. I know this has happened to me, depending on the setup of the controller &amp; if the trims are not in the proper place, I could completely loose some functions on the sticks.

So did anything else work at all besides the motors, like with the CN9 cable plugged in, did you at least get turret rotation, gun elevation, or machine gun fire (without sound you should at least still see the mg LED blinking if it has one)?

~ Craig ~