Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Brushless Hpi Hellfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
minimadster
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Hpi Hellfire

Hey guys, I'm not usually one to post my cars up but I have two I feel the need to brag about. The first one is my venom spider custom crawler, second is my electric converted hellfire. This is a completely custom and I don't believe there is a single on that is the same. I researched a ton on the conversion, but every one I found it was either done by a personal cnc machinist and they had mad their own new chassis and mounts, or it was just slapped together and not a whole lot of thought put in it. Being an associated guy , my goal was to have that neat finished look. I wanted it to look like I had gone out and bought the parts that were made for it. So to achieve this I kinda cheated on the center diff, I took the motor/diff mount from hps's truggy flux. Its a super strong motor mount and. Didn't have to worry about the mount being strong enough to handle the torque of brush less.after some slight modifications to the chasis I got the mount bolted on. I then when to the battery/esc tray. I purchased a rc8te battery holder. Two existing holes just happened to line up perfectly and 2 of the slots that would hold it in place on the rc8te chassis fit right in where the. Nitro motor mount holes were. I am running a 1700 kv tekin t8 truggy motor and at ekin rx8. They are powered by dual eco power 2s lipos with a connector to make them a 4s. This has been a year long project. Being 17 and a completely independent rc enthusiast in my family cause's these projects to take ahwile:P. So I hope you guys like it, I'll be doing a post on my custom venom spider(creeper) build in the rock crawler section, thanks for reading!

(I cant get pics to upload for somereason, ill have to take them with a different camera later, here is a different link too one of my threads,
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-hellfire.html
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Hpi Hellfire

We're having problems with pic upload at the moment, something going on in the operations center, they're on it.

Good job on the conversion. Normally we don't allow links to other competing forums, but given that you can't upload pics at the moment, don't worry about it. I may edit later though, when the pic problem is fixed.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Nice build. I've always loved the Hellfire. I wish they would have made available an electric Hellfire. Something about the truggy just makes it look so badazz.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
minimadster
My Feedback: (18)

Totally agree with you, i was pretty dissapointed with the Truggy flux, it just doesnt have that look. the hellfirse has got the look of a basher and the performance of a racer. all around great truck. The next upgrades are new tires, body and new diffs.