Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 AM
gtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

nope , also replace the new chassis , a-arms , fuel tank in this morning.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 PM
windowlicker

Heres a vid of my Hellfire SS with new engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EncbRbbSQRU
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
kozzney

aight this might be a dumb question; can you turn the carburetor 180 degrees so it will fit in a hellfire? cause i was looking at engines for mine, and realized that half of them have the slide throttle on the wrong side to work with the hellfires linkage
Old 07-24-2008, 05:36 PM
windowlicker

yeah, most carbs will fit any way round you want
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
kozzney

cool thanks! now next question, what engine do you guys recommend for the hellfire? i just want it to go fast basically, and my budget is limited to about 200 bucks or less
Old 07-24-2008, 05:53 PM
windowlicker

the GO .25 I just got is a brilliant racing engine, good fuel economy, and up to the standards of the high end RB engines. I'd definatly recommend it, it has to be by far the cheapest racing engine you can get, and the quality is brilliant. I got mine for £75!!! The GO .28 would be even better if you're just bashing, you would be able to gear it up with a 16-17 Clutch bell and do over 50MPH! The GO .21s are screamers, up to 44,000rpm! I've heard alot of people are happy with their GO engines, and the money they've saved!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 PM
j-boy

ORIGINAL: windowlicker

the GO .25 I just got is a brilliant racing engine, good fuel economy, and up to the standards of the high end RB engines. I'd definatly recommend it, it has to be by far the cheapest racing engine you can get, and the quality is brilliant. I got mine for £75!!! The GO .28 would be even better if you're just bashing, you would be able to gear it up with a 16-17 Clutch bell and do over 50MPH! The GO .21s are screamers, up to 44,000rpm! I've heard alot of people are happy with their GO engines, and the money they've saved!

Got any links??
Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 AM
KevinAnthony

Anyone know how I can get my hands on a Hellfire SS? A Link would be fantastic. I tried google, but got nothing... Thanks

Kevin
Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 PM
windowlicker

try ebay,im not sure about usa stores,im in the uk. Same applies to the engine.i know you really have to search around to find the cheapest price.best asking some other americans or starting a thread to find the best shops in your area.

Go engines website is www.go-engines.com
Old 07-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Stunt4life

Nice e46 m3 window licker.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM
kozzney

ORIGINAL: KevinAnthony

Anyone know how I can get my hands on a Hellfire SS? A Link would be fantastic. I tried google, but got nothing... Thanks

Kevin
I got mine from here:

http://www.hobbysetcohio.com/hpi10504.html

Way overpriced for the no-engine version, but they have them and shipped mine pretty darn quickly.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:59 PM
KevinAnthony

quote:

ORIGINAL: KevinAnthony

Kevin

I got mine from here:

http://www.hobbysetcohio.com/hpi10504.html

Way overpriced for the no-engine version, but they have them and shipped mine pretty darn quickly.
[X(] That's insane!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:05 PM
windowlicker

its my step dads,im only 22! Wish it was mine though!

My first race tomorrow,wish me luck!hope the hellfire holds up against the 8ts and whatever else is going to be there!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:12 PM
KevinAnthony

ORIGINAL: windowlicker

try ebay,im not sure about usa stores,im in the uk. Same applies to the engine.i know you really have to search around to find the cheapest price.best asking some other americans or starting a thread to find the best shops in your area.

Go engines website is www.go-engines.com
Little more difficult to find a hobby shop in my area, as I'm stationed in Okinawa, and there are only two Hobby shops I know of, and only one of them deals in Nitro.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:55 PM
f2punk

[sm=thumbs_up.gif] awesome glad to see others that love the hellfire as much as i do,i have owned one as soon as they were out.race it one day change the setup and bash in the gravel pit the next,the one truck that can do it all.the only upgrades i had to do were vg roll cage for pit bashing days,hobbico titanium gear servo huge beefy gears and 330 oz of torque $99,and kmb front and rear suspension mounts $25 a pop lifetime warranty for breakage or bending awesome only on ebay though there website is under construction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150275180736 ,os 30 vg perfect motor for the truck,beadlocker rims with badlands tires and molded foams it doesnt get much better than that
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 AM
windowlicker

how do you find your o.s. 30vg?my dad has one and the piston and liner lasted a weeked before the pinch went!

Need to take photos of my hellfire after my first race on sunday.i managed to break quite a lot,my fault,poor driving!ill get better though. Managed to crack my £55 speedtech carbon upper deck... Together with the front end...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
arcticflyer

Just picked up a used but great shape SS kit with Spectrum radio. Does anyone have a list of after market bodies that will fit or can be modified to fit this truck? Thanks Skip
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
never_broke23

look what my hellfire just got!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67088.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1005522  
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
never_broke23

team trinity ex tech .21 eb full mod
Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 AM
windowlicker

V nice, get some pics and videos of it running!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
stussman

Hey WL, u got your HF back and running after yor first race and how is yor go tec going now?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 AM
windowlicker

Yeah I think the front end must have been a bit loose, around the bulkheads. Its rebuilt now and is fine. The top deck broke between the steering servo and the centre bulkhead, (the bit thats about 4-5mm wide) So I don't think it will have much impact on the performance, nothing noticeable anyway. I tried emailing Speedtech about it, but have got no response. I don't even know if they're still going!

Got a job in London starting in a couple of weeks. So I'm worried I wont get chance to drive my car any more! I don't want to use public parks, and I can't think of anywhere else that would be good to bash. I also have no idea about tracks, surely not in a City like London...

Just driving it around the park behind my house the other day (still not got past the gallon mark on this new engine) The on power steering is pretty poor, any idea how I can improve it? Or do I need to wait a little longer till I accelerate out the corner? This is what caused all my crashes in my first race, there were a few hairpins just before big jumps, and my Hellfire would push so much out of the hair pins that it would fly off the jump at a bad angle. Is it a common problem that Truggies push out of corners? I'm new and am no way blaming the car, my driving style probably needs adjustment, not the car!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
ianl

hi i am new to this forum. i have just got a hellfire ss of ebay. i have had a savage ss for ages and was wanting to get more in to racinig.
i have heard some bad things about the hellfire and any help would be apreicated.
first of all i was wanting to know what is best set ups for the car (gomertry, diff oils, springs) that sort of thing. but first i need to change the diff cases to ali but canot find any.
the savage x ss ones look the same but do not want to take my savage apart just yet to try them. any body help
Old 08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
windowlicker

The aluminium Savage X SS ones fit, but you need one B032 bearing per diff as the they are different sizes to the stock diff bearings that the Hellfire has. I have just fitted those to my Hellfire, but there really was no need. I bought three packs a while back after hearing about diff problems, but have never had any problems myself. I put them on eBay but no one was interested so I just fitted them...

I've heard fitting Kyosho p6 o-rings in the diffs will prevent the diff oil gradually leaking, but have not found anywhere to get them yet. As long as the diffs are shimed as per the manual, and you make sure the spiral and pinion gears are meshed properly (by attaching the drive shaft to the pinion gear at the right spot so that when you pull or push on the drive shaft while turning it, the gears don't crunch, then you will be fine)

Apart from that, the SS is pretty solid, the only other problems come from the weak RTR parts such as the steering rack and chassis braces.

I've heard racers say that Pink springs on the rear help prevent nose diving when jumping in a race. Usual diff oils are 7,000 front 10,000-30,000 centre and 3,000 rear.

I haven't played with kick up and stuff like that as it just takes too long to change the eccentric bushings just to put it all back together and look for any change. I just followed the stock setup sheet in the back of the manual (which is actually different from the manuals step by step guide!)

But, I don't race, I have raced just once, so my driving isn't great yet, but what I have advised you on has been written countless times on here, and Truggyracers.com

I would advise you to stick with your stock diffs, just make sure they are set up properly, a lot of guys seem to go and rush out to buy Hot Bodies diff parts, but I recommend you wait to see if there actually is a problem before you try and remedy anything! I made that mistake and bought the X SS diff cases, and Hot Bodies pinion and spiral gears, but have yet to need them months later, money wasted!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
ianl

cheers that has helped a lot. i got the ss kit already built used on ebay. (didnt pay much for it) i did notice that the diff oil leaked that was one reson to change them. i found that the ali one was a lot better though on my savage x.
i am going to strip it all down to check it over when i get the chance. it was only the diff casing i was on about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.