Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM
cbaker65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvit2bvr
need a few more parts till its finished but had to mount the motor up to see what she looks like.. cant wait to run it.. might have to get some better diffs though.. i hear the stock are bad news.. ehh run it till they blow lol..

Thats going to be a freak!.....
Old 05-17-2015, 06:22 PM
Lvit2bvr

Originally Posted by cbaker65
Thats going to be a freak!.....
I really hope so lol. I was actually debating wether or not I should run this motor or try to get something smaller like a .21 or .28. Some people say it will be too much but I think it will be ok. Il probably defiantly need to get better differentials though lol
Old 05-18-2015, 07:04 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Lvit2bvr
I really hope so lol. I was actually debating wether or not I should run this motor or try to get something smaller like a .21 or .28. Some people say it will be too much but I think it will be ok. Il probably defiantly need to get better differentials though lol
I think it maybe ok with how & where you run it.If you run it in the street were the tires will get high grip,that
will put a strain on the running gear.On dirt,theres a little give on the drivetrain.
Also you will need to be more careful on the punch control,heavy on & off hard throttling may strip gears.
Diffs maybe beefed up.Not sure on how those diffs are.May just need to be shimmed properly....
Old 05-12-2016, 09:04 PM
mac19

Greetings!! I'm new to the world of Nitro's and purchased a used HPI Hellfire SS. I had a wreck with it and cracked the front shock tower and I'm coming up empty handed in my search for a replacement... Could someone help me out as to who may carry this part or something equivalent that would work to replace it with? The part number for the shock tower in my manual is "86587". Thank you for your time!

Respectfully -mac19
Old 05-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just try doing an Internet search for hpi86587. I did a Google search and the first link was a store that had 2 in stock, plus eBay listings, etc.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 AM
helly4.6

Originally Posted by mac19
Greetings!! I'm new to the world of Nitro's and purchased a used HPI Hellfire SS. I had a wreck with it and cracked the front shock tower and I'm coming up empty handed in my search for a replacement... Could someone help me out as to who may carry this part or something equivalent that would work to replace it with? The part number for the shock tower in my manual is "86587". Thank you for your time!

Respectfully -mac19
I know this is a little late but if you need this shock tower, I have modeled and made my own. I can machine one for you if still in need.