Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
dISCOdAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

There are definately some differences, the kit version's from Jammin get some nice hop-ups and of course you end up putting in your own electronics instead of the crap that comes in a RTR
Truggies and buggies by nature of design are not really bashing vehicles and are meant for a track.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
WPGguy

its going to be stricktly track....as with my buggy.

i will make my basher my savage

but stock rtr with a nice steering servo and better battery pack shouldn't be too bad out of the box though right?

I can upgrade radio/engine/components as I go along
Old 05-29-2006, 02:24 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: WPGguy

I am picking mine up on WED. (yay 2 days!!! w000t)

I'm glad I came accross this thread, supplied me with a few good links to aftermarket stuff.

And I'm surprised at how FEW people were bashing this thing. Is that cause its new and people havn't grown to hate it yet? or
is this actually a well rounded truggy?

I currently own and OFNA MBX comp buggy, and a savage .32 .... so this will be a nice happy medium.
Not going to have much $ left after the truggy itself, cept maybe a failsafe and a clear body.

I'm forced to get the RTR due to only having like $800 CDN ...
$599 + body + failsafe = $762 with taxes in. and I need a servo for my buggy.

can't be that much of a difference between RTR and kit right? few carbon fibre things and a few other things that are hardned aluminum.
they don't have diffent ammount of bearings n stuff do they?
The big difference is in the chassis. Some people have bent them and some have had no problems. The alloy chassis braces and the z-brace would be a good upgrade. People have bashed this truck but they all get beat by it at the track and they all have the same problems with their trucks once they get it in their hands. RTR's are a compromise of quality and ease of assembly so it's a crap shoot on how well yours will be built. If you dont check all the drive cups and other critical things for sufficient lock tight and assembly quality you will have problems and the truck will piss you off. If you prep it properly you will be super happy.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:26 PM
WPGguy

ok... you forgot to put in a message? you just quoted me without saying anything lol

PS: i'm a n00b at racing , hope this is a good truggy to start with and a good base model to beef up
Old 05-29-2006, 02:38 PM
crazysavage

The engine is fantastic if you heat cycle it for break-in and it likes a bigger clutch bell on a large track. This truck is the second fastest RTR ever tested of it's kind at 48mph so you will have plenty of speed. Redo the the diffs with 7000wt front 10000wt center and 2000wt rear and you will have a good starting point for most tracks.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:42 PM
dISCOdAN

Like crazy said... prep it properly (checking fro loose screws, loc-titing everything thst screws into alum...) and if you dont minds spending a bit more to buy a RTR and then upgrade everything after, you'll be alright. The RTR's in my club do well, but dont win.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:50 PM
WPGguy

I know the RTR is a comprimise.....

But, I can buy all the hardened alluminum as time/money permits and will get the carbon stuff just cause I think it looks hot.
The engine I can allways use for something and will eventually get replaced. As with the radio/electronics.

So at some point, this WILL be a completely different truggy from what I started with. I'm just hoping this is a good
base to start with.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:51 PM
dISCOdAN

Oh definately! it will just cost you more in the long run
Old 05-29-2006, 06:18 PM
gavx1crtpro

hi all im new to this site and was looking for some feedback, i have recently purchased the X1CRT pro kit with the RB WS7X3 engine with a PI-802 in-line tuned pipe, i have upgraded the original futaba servos for two bluebird BMS-660MG+HS metal geared servos, i have put in a failsafe and a venom 6v hump pack battery which gives me 14.2kg/190oz at the servos, im using a futaba digital pistol controller, as it is the pro kit it already has some upgraded parts the rtr doesnt have, is there anything else i can do to improve my truggy as i am intending to race it, thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Tazer_version_A

Blue Bird servos arent NOTED for their durability / longevity. Id stash some cash aside and prepare for their premature demise. Hope the Throttle brake doesnt choose an inoprtune time to give up the ghost ... a runawy would be horrid. Id suggest replacing that Blue Bird with an Airtonics / Hi Tec / Futaba hi end or JR/KO Propo.

BCE Chassis Pan
KingHeadz Engine Mount with the extension
BCE Bellcrank Top Plate Brace
Rear CNC Uprights
DACE Rear Skid Plate
KMW Brass O Rings/Gaskets for your Big Bore Shocks

You can find more on all these things going on over at www.truggyracers.com
Old 05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Dirby

carbon fiber parts look great but they are very brittle and break very easey.
buyer be ware.
Dirby.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:38 AM
WPGguy

Omg its technically Tuesday!!! its like 12:34 at night just headed to bed.. 1 more DAY!!!

I swear I'm going to tear it out of the box and lick the chassis. I'm so stoked about getting this thing.

Looking forward to racing it on Sunday too!

I wunder what I should do for paint job [:-]
Old 05-30-2006, 05:57 AM
canucksrc

I hate having to wait for a new car[:@] I received my xrt a day early and was leaving for the weekend from work. I had to look at the car all weekend with nothing to break it in with. I did use my girlfriends tooth brush to clean the threaded shock so I could actually dial them in

P
Old 05-30-2006, 06:06 AM
dISCOdAN

The Revo is back together and she's a truggy killa! Actually the pic with the body off, it sorta looks like a mini truggy... the way the tires look lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49588.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	468590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50242.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	468591  
Old 05-30-2006, 04:48 PM
gavx1crtpro

thanks for the advised i will look into changing the servos, do you have any idea where i can get pics and prices of the hop ups you have listed
Old 05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
dISCOdAN

Ebay is a very good scource for Jammin Team products, just search Jammin CRT and you'll see it all.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 AM
WPGguy

Finally got it, picked it up today having some tuning issues though....

Engine has a bit of "run on" I'm gonna figure it out tommorow I guess.

Greay truck, for those who are getting one be sure to go over the thing and check and locktight everything.
I know it sounds like a pain in the ***** especially when all you wana do is drive but trust me... do it.

post pics and movies tommorow
Old 05-31-2006, 11:43 AM
dISCOdAN

Any Ofna buggy drivers in here? Jump my new thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43...tm.htm#4336207
Just ordered a bunch of Jammin Team parts:
-CNC chassis braces
-CNC 5mm front and rear shock towers
-center universal driveshafts
-PCR #2027 top end pipe
Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Woo! Just ordered the CRT, and it's from a shop in-state, so I should get it tomorrow.

I love how my LHS has an online store, so I can get stuff ordered and delivered without having to drive out there, and I can still support my LHS.

It's my first nitro, so this should be fun....

- Raketemensch
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM
mini ripper

You will love it.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
mayhem272

have fun with it!
hey all its me i finally got mine built and ready to race (already raced it, i killed the races though lol i had no practice be4)
i will try to post pics
it has a neon yellow body (its actually a mugen msr crowd pleazer but i got it to work luckily)
it has the nova rex 412b 8 port with a jp-1 pipe
ive been having tuning trouble can someone help? i give it full throttle from a stop and it goes then it cuts out and bogs down?? the temps are never over 220
i appreciate it
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Raketemensch

Well, my CRT came today, and I'm really pissed off. This thing is supposed to be an RTR, but the tires weren't on it(they were in a separate compartment in the box) and there was no fuel in the tank! What a ripoff!!!

OK, but seriously, this thing rocks.

I'm a total newbie to nitro, and I was a bit overwhelmed at first, and it's hard to stop and think clearly about everything when you've got a shiny new truck sitting in front of you waiting to roost and jump and, inevitably, crash. The first kink in my "plan" was that the charger for the receiver batteries is an overnight charger. Crap. And I had no nitro. That's kind of an important ingredient, even just for breaking the engine in.

So, after I did the "assembly" required with an RTR, I loaded the truck and the tools and my oils and hour-charged battery and whatnot into the car, and after quick stop at Lowe's for some blue Loctite and stacks of batteries, I headed for Wolcott Hobby to at least pick up some fuel and hopefully watch a few people run.

I picked up a gallon of 20% and a glow plug wrench (note to OFNA -- how the hell are we supposed to get that thin gin there unless we already own a glow-plug wrench or happen to have the perfect nut driver? It's an RTR, don't forget, a lot of the target market doesn't own the tools yet) and was about to leave when I decided it was worth it to ask if they had a quick charger to crank up the receiver battery. I had ordered one last week, but still hadn't gotten it (it was waiting for me when I got home). They charged it up for me, and when I went to plug it in and drop it into the box on the chassis, I found a battery box that loads 4AAs. Huh, nice touch. Both options.

So at this point I had everything I needed, except for a few bits of knowledge. I knew the process of heat cycling the engine, but I honestly didn't know much about starting it. I scoured the engine parts diagram for about 20 minutes until I knew exactly where each needle was and what it did, then someone pulled up with a Revo and started prepping it. I asked if I could watch to see how it all worked, but of course it was a Revo and you just use the button -- even the gow plug is wired to the battery pack. He was a really nice guy, though, and explained a few things to me and showed me how to clamp the glow plug starter on, etc. The sound of that one-way bearing on the rotostart scared the hell out of me! He gave me a few tips and I managed to get it running, and I tweaked the needles for a bit until I was comfortable with it, then cycled it 5 times up to 200 degrees and back down. I also had no idea about after-run oil, so that was a good tip to get, as well as storing it with the piston all the way down.

I finally got it out onto the track after about an hour and a half of prepping and cycling, and DAMN does this thing rip. I cleared the triple perfectly on my second lap (I've never run on a track before either, always electrics in the backyard and on the streets), and had a blast ripping around for a tank, and then the shop closed down the track. I cleaned it pretty well with the air compressor, and discovered that the bottom of one of the shocks (the part that the bottom of the spring lock sinto) had disappeared. Oops. Anyone know where I can pick one up, or do I have to order a whole new shock? It wouldn't hurt to have spares, but I'd rather just pick up the one part for now if I can.

I can't race this weekend, my band is playing Saturday night and I have some friends staying with me to go to the show, but early next week I'll be able to give it a really thorough going-over with the loctite and load up the diffs with the greases I bought, as well as put some heavier oils in the shocks.

Holy mother of GOD what a blast that was. And it turns out that I love the smell of nitro exhaust. Whoda thunk?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just really pumped and wish I wasn't booked every night this week so I could get back out there for more. Maybe I'll do a couple more heat cycles at home. Plus with the new charger here, I can get some quick fixes in with the Bandit around the neighborhood.

- Raketemensch
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Raketemensch

Ah, those shock parts are part #40643 -- pays to check the manual, eh?

- Raketemensch
Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 AM
performula

What is the difference between the RTR and Kit?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: performula

What is the difference between the RTR and Kit?
Go on ofna.com or jamminproducts.com and see for your self.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.