Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Revo Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 AM
traxxas_guy11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Platinum

Hey guys,
Just wanted to show off my Platinum. I have a losi wing, AKA tires and wheels, new bulkheads(stripped), direct Drivetrain, a broken TRX 3.3 and RPM arms on the way. It also has an HPI FM radio( all i could afford after buying the kit). It does work at the track and i will try to get pics the next time i am there but its all the way in Enfeild which is and hour and 15 min drive so i can only go so often. Tell me what you guys think and i will continue to upgrade. Any suggestions for a new motor? hoping for one that will drop right in, but a big block sounds fun. Post any ideas.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91659.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1484950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50416.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1484951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12863.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1484952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb79976.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1484953   Click image for larger version

Name:	My25393.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1484954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg62613.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1484955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Su34833.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1484956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig22752.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1484957  

Old 08-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Kawasakirider

Default RE: Revo Platinum

I've had two revo's, one with a picco .26 max and one with an RB 323. I had the .26 max sidepiped with an 053 pipe. It was brutally powerful in the revo, once it hit second gear it would lift its front wheels! This won't happen to you though because you have a CD. The 323 was pretty powerful, also, but I don't think they are easily available anymore.

The .26 max is a great engine, might be a bit of a handful in the revo on a track, though.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 AM
traxxas_guy11

I actually have the direct drive in it. the CD just have me trouble and i had just had it. Is the picco a direct fit? i was looking at the JL red dot.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Kawasakirider

Yeah mate, the picco is a direct fit. I saw the red dot versions just before I got out of RC a while ago, you could go with one of those but honestly, the normal picco .26 will haul ass. It is probably going to be hard to race with, if you don't have a CD. You'll be doing wheelies everywhere without the right suspension/tire set up and the right gearing. I'm sure it could be done though.

It will definitely put a huge grin on your face, though.

BTW, revo's aren't truggies, even with the CD in them lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
traxxas_guy11

OK then i will put either one of those in then. I dont race alot, mostly bash! prob why the engine got messed up in the first place. And yeah, ik its not a truggy! i put it in the truggy section by accident, supposed to be in MT. Do you reccomend the sidepipe over the rear? im sorry bout playing 20 questions with u LOL
Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Kawasakirider

When I got my first revo, I didn't even break in the 2.5 engine (I got the 2.5 because I like the shorter wheelbase for bashing), I put the 26 max engine in straight away with the stock gear. Broke it in, took it to the BMX track and had a little rollover and snapped the header, because the rear body mounts flex into it and the headers are weak as. There are rear pipes out there that have tougher headers, but rather than breaking, it just bends eventually.

The side pipe is a good idea with a larger engine as it allows it to breath excellently, the 053 REALLY woke the picco up. I can't remember if I ran it on the revo with the 323... I am pretty sure I did.

The side pipe is SO much more durable. You already have the tekno style t/b servo mount with the platinum, so on the front part of the TB mount, you just get a way longer bolt and wind it through, then stick a pipe hanger on the end again. It is SO much more durable. I'll get some pics of mine....

Here is the 323 revo (yes I did run the sidepipe on it)

and here's my favourite one I owned, the .26 max revo

In this picture, if you look carefully you can see the pipe hanger on top of the end of the mounting hole for the t/b servo mount.

You'll have to trim the body to fit for a sidepipe:

If you're going to go sidepipe, get a hardcoated one, not a polished one. The hardcoated one was on my trucks for AGES and never got chipped by rocks, and I run on gravel. I did backflips with this truck all the time and never had any problems with the sidepipe.

No problems about the questions mate.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
traxxas_guy11

WOW! nice trucks man. I see what your saying about the sidepipe, and it really doesnt bother me that the body gets cut. I just looked at the truck and you are soo right. the pipe hangar will go right on there. I have also had an RC8 and i went through 4 dynamite 053 pipes( bout 10 gallons through all of them), always went hard anodized and you just cant beat em. No scratched and then went very well with all my nova rossi motors( 4 as well). So the buggy with all of that stuff though the last pipe still was working perfectly. Definately gunna go with that pipe again.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Kawasakirider

Thanks man, it's been a LONG time since I've been into R/C properly, the picco .26 revo was new and I built it up with savings (I'm a student) and it's probably my favourite R/C that I've owned, I hope my Jammin is better though. My Jammin is in this forum, just got the cash to get it going again.

The revo is a great truck, I just hated the tie rod ends popping/stripping after a hard bash! I had a savage 25 limited edition 3 speed, that thing was tough but didn't do much for me, and I started with a hyper 7, probably the toughest RC I've owned. I went back to *uggies because of the durability, but you really can't beat the fun of a revo. Watching it hit second gear and throw the fronts in the air is so cool, it's rather durable and it jumps really well. Just develops a lot of slop.

Why did you go from a buggy to a revo? Or do you still have the RC8?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Kawasakirider

Didn't realise the platinum came with steel CV's. They are sweet!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
traxxas_guy11

They are, But if they even start to mesh to much, it grinds the crap out of them, then all your fluid leaks out and you were leading the race but your car wont move and then it gets hit and now you need to redo the whole rear end. Thats what happened to me atleast lol

Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Kawasakirider

Ouch, so why'd you change from an associated to a revo?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
traxxas_guy11

The RC8 was run HARD for 2 years and i won ALOT of races with it. Great buggy but i just wanted something that was a bit more durable( not that the RC8 wasnt). And something a bit more beefy that i can take to the track and just beat the hell out of it. It would never triple-triple one section with the rc8 cuz i destroyed the front end numerous times. But the first lap with the revo and i did it perfectly. Just and AWESOME jumper!