Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

Just got back from the Toledo show and I happen to see what looked like a "Test Bird" Top Flite" 60 size Corsair arf! Looked a little rough, but again, it's probably just a prototype and test bed.

Sorry I forgot to snap a picture, but I"m sure it will show up shortly. So if you did, then upload it! They also had a flyer for it! 62.5" wingspan!

Noticed what looked to be a fiberglass hatch/fairing in the tail wheel area!

Just thought I would get the rumors flying again! Looks like my RCV 90SP will have a home next year!

M
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Firepower R/C
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Saw it! TF 60 Size Corsair ARF!!!!!

That is good news, I can't wait to see one. I hope they fixed the wing tips and tail shape... but if not, that's ok too. Hooray!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:52 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tower now has it listed (no pics yet), expected to be available in July (favorite quote from Charlie Wilson's War: "We'll see"):
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXARYE&P=7
Old 04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you didn't see a Giant Scale ARF version as well did you? I'm about to pull the pin on their P40 but a GS Corsair was due...we then I might just wait
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
mimoore67

No, I didn't see a Giant Corsair ARF, but I bet you will see on in the future!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

I just paid 399$ for the BH 70" Corsair on sale at Hobby People, retracts and practically built altogether. I assume Tower's price is going to line up with the other 60 size arfs that TF puts out.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hope $399 for a 60 size/90 size bird , I assume its has retracts based on the tower description
Old 04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
mimoore67

The flyer said $399! Now factor in the discounts you can get from Tower and I bet it comes to your door at $350.00
Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

I'm thinking it has to come down below 3 bills, say 279 or so; agreed on the online disounts but still...
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Whistling Death

deleted
Old 04-02-2011, 01:37 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: mimoore67

The flyer said $399! Now factor in the discounts you can get from Tower and I bet it comes to your door at $350.00
Don't forget the free shipping also. Most other places will tack on another $30 of so for something this big.

BUT, like Firepower R/C implied: if they didn't fix the wingtips and rudder: money would be better spent elsewhere.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:13 AM
mimoore67

I'll say this about Top Flite as I'm starting their 60 size P40 today. Right on the Box, it says "Designed in the United States, made in China." I've bought a lot of ARF's in my time, you pay more for the Top Flite ARF's, but they are hands down a lot higher quality than most of the other "Chinese designed and built" ARF's. Now as for the outline! I agree, why not get it right???????? Who knows, maybe its a manufacturing thing. All I know at this point in my life (Wife, two kids, two dogs and a two hour daily commute to work and all the other things that go along with life), Top Flite makes a pretty darn good airplane for someone like me who want's something that looks fairly scale. Now, I'm sure you guys out there will, get a hold of this kit and "Bash" it into something incredible. Example, Corsair Jock's thread on the TF 60 size P47, look at the gentleman from Spain, his user name is "Ultimate." His P47 is incredible! My point, the TF 60 Corsair, looked good!

Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 AM
LDM

agree , i dont get my skirt in bunches on outline , I think there quality is second to none and the new p40 is fantastic arf . Better yet is that I have not seen one bad flight report on overall performance and that is very enlightening vs the gold edition p40 kit
Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 AM
mimoore67

You want to see a goofy looking Corsair! Try the CMP 120 Corsair! The landing gear is practically in the wingtips!

Corsair Jock and the others do make a good point about outline, though! My first experience with airplanes was at the airport with my father in the 70's, so being around the real planes, you notice things, whether it be General Aviation airplanes or War Birds! You look at a model and for me, the first thing I see, is all the outline errors. I remember going to Oshkosh and seeing some of those 1/2 and 2/3 replica War Bird home built aircraft and thinking what a poor outline and all that work not to get it to look right! But, then again, probably along the way there was something that prevented the builder from getting the right look.

My point, I can see where the guys are coming from! However for most people they wouldn't know the difference. I know I have learned a lot about the P40's that I never knew! That some models, I believe the "K" had longer fuselages to help yaw stability! Same with the Corsair, there were many variations and guys like Corsair Jock know their planes!

Okay, back to the basement, I'm ironing the wrinkles out of my P40!

M
Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 AM
GerKonig

Just got back from the Toledo show and I happen to see what looked like a ''Test Bird'' Top Flite'' 60 size Corsair arf! Looked a little rough, but again, it's probably just a prototype and test bed.

Sorry I forgot to snap a picture, but I''m sure it will show up shortly. So if you did, then upload it! They also had a flyer for it! 62.5'' wingspan!

Just thought I would get the rumors flying again! Looks like my RCV 90SP will have a home next year!

M

Well, for one thing I will never forgive you! How in the world could you forget to snap a picture! Forget one, a series of pictures you could have snapped!:-)

Gerry
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
mimoore67

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

Just got back from the Toledo show and I happen to see what looked like a ''Test Bird'' Top Flite'' 60 size Corsair arf! Looked a little rough, but again, it's probably just a prototype and test bed.

Sorry I forgot to snap a picture, but I''m sure it will show up shortly. So if you did, then upload it! They also had a flyer for it! 62.5'' wingspan!

M

Well, for one thing I will never forgive you! How in the world could you forget to snap a picture! Forget one, a series of pictures you could have snapped!:-)

Gerry

I know, I know, I know!

I would have thought by now someone else would have posted a few pics.! In my defense, I was on a mission to find some deals for my TF P40.

Well it does have flaps! Just copied this from the Tower Listing!

FEATURES: Construction: Balsa and plywood
Wings:
with prehinged functional multi-section flaps
Aileron Control:
Covering: Top Flite MonoKote
Canopy:
instrument panel with recessed gauge detail
Cowl:
with plastic replica radial engine with pushrod detail
Old 04-02-2011, 02:45 PM
handyman 220
My Feedback: (54)

I hope for the price it does include retracts, it seems to be a little steep. Even with the Tower discounts it brings the price down to the price of the P-40. TF does have some of the best ARFS around, in my opinion. I have been waiting for this one since the first mention of an ARF Corsair was leaked from Tower. Go figure I just back ordered the GP Christian Eagle, now the Corsair. Boy am I going to have some explaining to do. it's definitely a sickness

Paul
Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Firepower R/C

I hope the price ends up on par with the P-40, unless retracts are included. I do agree that TF makes some of the best ARFs overall, but the price jumps with each new model are getting absurd. A comparison- P-51: $279, Corsair: $399? $120 more seems a little much. I guess we will see if it is worth it... [8D] I'd like to try some of my goodies on it, so I'm sure I won't be able to resist.

On another note, has anyone heard if Tower/Hobbico/Robart will have any electric retracts on the open market anytime soon? I hope so! They sure are a nice alternative in certain installations.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:59 AM
handyman 220

LDM
I looked at the optional accessories and it is showing the Robart #615 retracts. I don't think retracts are included, I could be wrong, they might have mechanical retracts installed. I still stand by TF quality, although they are a little more costly you get a trust worthy aircraft out of the box.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Firepower R/C

I agree on the trustworthy part... I really like these TF ARFs. But trustworthy or not, there is only so high you can go until you can't justify the expense given other options out there. Hypothetical scenario: If there was a perfect ARF... the best, most-scale, terrific-flying, fall-together balsa and ply .60 sized ARF in the universe, would you pay $1000 for it? It might be worth it, but I bet sales would stink. Look at the ESM Corsair, it has good scale qualities, is slightly bigger, and is much less. I know, I know, the ESM has substandard instructions and is probably longer in tooth during assembly. But I hope you get the point. If they keep going up at this rate, if they ever do a Spitfire ARF (wouldn't that be nice), it will cost $500 for a 60-sized plane, airframe only!

This is not a rant... just a little shop talk If the kit is outstanding, I will get one. I just hope they aren't going to price themselves out of the market and lose sales. It would be a shame... no, a cryin' shame, for a warbird newcomer to buy a CMP Corsair for example instead of a TF one, because the TF price is out of range!!! I for one would like to see lots more from TF.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:55 AM
handyman 220

I agree with your point of view. I had to really consider if I wanted to pull the trigger on this kit because of the price. If it wasn't for Towers' discount codes I would not have back ordered it. I have owned KMP and still do own KMP kits, yes the finished product is nice, but they are a real PITA to assemble them. The instructions leave a lot to the builders knowledge. I do hope the Corsair is worth the extra $$, I guess we'll have to wait and see. [&:] I also own a CMP 120 Corsair so I will be able to do a comparison of the 2 kits. I like the fact that the TF is mostly wood vs. fiberglass, much easier to repair in my opinion. I would also like to see other electric retract options, love the ease of installation & retract speed.

Paul
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
LDM

Ok this 2011 , someone that knows somone that is still at the show or with Great PLanes , use your i-phone take a pic and post it
Old 04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
handyman 220

GREAT IDEA We're all waiting for this kit for some time and nobody takes a pic.[]
Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a pic of the airplane in the Toledo coverage in the Clubhouse forum at the top of the page.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Is this the one?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93813.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1588362  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.