Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Installing Lado Electric Motor in ESM Electric Housing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Installing Lado Electric Motor in ESM Electric Housing

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing Lado Electric Motor in ESM Electric Housing

My new plane, a ESM T-6 Texan ii with ESM electric retracts has been sitting for nearly two months now waiting for ESM/TBM to get me a set of gear that actually work. Well, while waiting I decided to try and install the Lado motor in the ESM housing. It's an easy conversion to replace the the ESM AIR cylinders with the Lado electrics. The ESM electrics are a different story, the housings are different.

The Lado electric motor seems to be a great unit. Very quiet and quick, about 6 seconds with A123 batteries. The ESM motor bolts into the housing at two points and has front and rear mounting plates. The Lado motor "floats" within the housing with a single bolt at the rear.

1. Disassemble ESM housing, removing motor and front and rear plates.
2. Cut a 4mm brash tube bushing to go inside Lado motor mounting screw hole. The bushing allows you to use a smaller screw (3mm) to hold motor. this is because of the limited space to drill new mounting hole between existing holes. Note the hole for the Lado motor is not centered vertically.
3. Reassemble housing with Lado motor using a 3mm flat washer on each side of the Lado motor inside the housing..

It works like a charm.

PS: I just discovered you can't mix Lado and ESM retract motors without using a reversing Y. The Lado motors run in the opposite direction to ESM motors, so unless you want one gear going up and the other gear going down, you got to use a reversing Y.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73741.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1763046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81420.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1763047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63084.jpg
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1763048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12336.jpg
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1763049  
Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 AM
christophe31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing Lado Electric Motor in ESM Electric Housing

hi steve,
you can program our retracts in delay and reverse as we are in Digital, so it's not necessary to use an Y reverser.
if you have one free channel on your receiver you can also linkk them and plug the front one to it .

in all case good job!!!
christsophe