Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Wanted bob homan a1 skyraider canopy wanted

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Wanted bob homan a1 skyraider canopy wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:43 AM
OZYRAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted bob homan a1 skyraider canopy wanted

Can anyone help me?? I need a canopy to fit my restored Bob Holman Skyraider,120" skyraider. The front screen is no problem although the rear hood is urgently required to enable me any chance of make any 2014 shows/events.The total canopy length is 17 1/2 inches. The rear hood length is 13 1/3 inches . Width at 5 1/2 inches. Height is approx 4 inches. Can any one help me,i intend to add lithoplate detail on the external frame work. Thanks Ray
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 AM
alanc

I've searched the internet for you Ray, but even the designer does not list mouldings, Is he still around? Does he offer any support for his designs? Or is it an ancient plan he no longer does? I know you have been searching for. While, Time you gave phil Clarke a bell, and get one moulded
Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 AM
OZYRAY

Thank you Alan,Bob Holman has the original wooden plug which is now unusable.So no joy there.No one seems to be building these big mammoth scale spads any more. Shame. Thanks Ray
Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 AM
OZYRAY

Has anyone converted a p51 mustang canopy to fit this model?? If so which kit did the canopy come from?? Thanks Ray
Old 06-02-2014, 10:04 PM
nicatnite6

Ray, I talked to Bob Holman on the 1st. of June and he said that it would or could be two to three weeks before he has an answer for anybody needing a canopy. I don't think Ziroli canopy would fit. If I here anything in the way of canopies for your bird, I'll pass it along. There are always other means of getting a new canopy. How far along are you on the rebuild? I saw the photos you posted awhile back. I hope you get it airbourn soon. There's a guy in Minnesota that has one flying at 74 pounds. Yea, he got a big engine, but hey, it flys. Good luck dud. Please put up more pictures. Nick.