Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Airfield p51 - suitable replacement parts help ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Airfield p51 - suitable replacement parts help ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 06:34 PM
chevyv8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield p51 - suitable replacement parts help ???

Ok fliers, I have an airfield 1450mm p51 that was given to me a present probably 5 years ago (I think)
It is a 6 channel version with retractable gear and all other surface controls

Yesterday, during initial taxi, all was fine. I lined up and began to get into the throttle. I had to input some rudder to keep it straight, then the left side gear collapsed prior to take off.

I still need to inspect the gear to see if it’s something I can repair or if I need to replace it, but the individual props (all 4) are now broken.

Heres my problem-this plane may have been discontinued. Everywhere I look for “airfield” parts, is out of stock with no return mentioned.

Is there another make/model where the gear and ESPECIALLY the props are interchangeable?? I personally don’t care about the wheel pants or doors right now. They don’t make the plane fly or roll.

If I need to replace the spinner base to install a different style blade, that’s fine, but I can’t find dimensions for other versions/makes/models such as FMS etc

Any help in this would greatly appreciated
Old 02-19-2021, 06:53 PM
raaf

HI CHEV
If i recall airfield was renamed FMS i could be wrong,..Id check out hobbyking and anyone that stocks FMS..GOOD LUCK

RAAF
Old 02-19-2021, 08:27 PM
Corsair3660

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Similar problem

I have an Airfield Corsair that is similar size. I bought it from a guy getting out of the hobby with some extra blades. They were all damaged and out of balance. I found that FMS blades were the same and fit the original spinner. I’ll bet P51 blades are similar between the two names.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:34 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Is yours the Silver ‘Shangri La’ color scheme?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:34 PM
chevyv8

Yes it is the silver bird
i picked up gear for it but it’s smaller than what was on there. The shafts are also different so it may not hold to long. The prop is different as is the spinner and cone, but they should be ok as the new prop and original prop are 14x8
maybe a complete gear swap from the new v8 would work??
Old 02-28-2021, 10:14 PM
warbird51

Originally Posted by chevyv8
Yes it is the silver bird
i picked up gear for it but it’s smaller than what was on there. The shafts are also different so it may not hold to long. The prop is different as is the spinner and cone, but they should be ok as the new prop and original prop are 14x8
maybe a complete gear swap from the new v8 would work??
I have what I believe is the airfield P-51D in the Shangri La finish hanging up in my hanger. I will take a picture of it Tuesday to see if it is just like your model.

Wayne
Old 03-03-2021, 09:48 AM
warbird51

Originally Posted by warbird51
I have what I believe is the airfield P-51D in the Shangri La finish hanging up in my hanger. I will take a picture of it Tuesday to see if it is just like your model.

Wayne
is this what you have?

Old 03-19-2021, 05:07 AM
Douglashouser

Default I’m looking for landing gear for my airfield p51.

I have two Short fuse Sallee’s. But am in need of gear.

to help the request above regarding spinners and props. Yes the 1400 FMS spinner and props fit perfectly

thanks

doug