Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Yellow Aircraft prices

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Yellow Aircraft prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
twostroker
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Aircraft prices

Does anyone know how much a Yellow Aircraft P-47 is? The website is great for pictures but no prices. Tried to call but there was no answer one time and someone who couldn't help another. This may get chalked up to one of those"if you have to ask, It's too much" deals, but oh well.
Tim
Old 10-19-2003, 07:39 PM
Bearzilla
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Yellow Aircraft prices

I was just at their warehouse in Lexington again on Saturday. The place is like a candy store for modelers. Even saw some interesting top secret stuff. <Grin>

Here are the prices I paid for my P-47D 2 months ago:

P-47D Deluxe Kit - $555
Spring-Air Retract Kit - $365
Wheels and Tires - $98
UP3 Valve - $75
Door Cylinder - $19 x 2
Tail Retract Gear - $30
Offset Hinges - $5 x 2
Scale Curtis 4-Blade Static Prop - $100
Drop Tanks - $30 x 2

Hope this helps,

- Paul
Old 10-20-2003, 08:13 AM
twostroker

Bearzilla,
Thanks that helps.
Tim
Old 10-20-2003, 09:24 AM
MustangFan

I to have been interested in their kit, but was disappointed that a call had to be made to get prices.

on't know why a manufacture would have a web site and not at least state retail prices. Especially since they do not have a large distribution network.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to get over it !

Not a bad price for the P-47 though .... I wonder what their P-51 price is?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:55 AM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, if Yellow would put up a price list it would save them a lot of phone time and us a lot of time trying to decide what we want. I buy a lot of high end model kits but havn't bought a Yellow because I don't know what the cost is. I don't like to be forced to buy a catalog just so I can get the prices. Don
Old 10-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Bearzilla

They currently don't offer a P-51 kit. I've been really happy with the quality of the P-38 and P-47 kits though. When I took close looks at their whole line of completed planes last Saturday, besides the two I purchased, I was most impressed with the Zero, FA-18 and the P-40. The 2 secret-projects I saw are definitely making me drool - something to save for in 2004. <Grin>

Regarding the online prices, from the impression I got, the prices have minor fluctuations and he wants to put up accurate pricing. I agree though, they should post prices just for comparison.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 AM
FalconWings10
My Feedback: (4)

How's the weight on Yellow's planes. Is the wing loading on them reasonable?
Old 10-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Bearzilla

Wing Loading seems to be about average for a WW2 fighter bird - my Jug when finished with a G45, gyro, overkill servos, beefy retracts, and all the scale extras will come out between 22-23Lbs. I may replace the body and Parachute "innerds" of my BlueBox RAF Pilot with blue foam to keep its weight down to a reasonable 7oz - the parachute seems as heavy as the body. I've been told by many people that their P-47 is one of the easiest warbird fighters to fly though and very forgiving.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:53 AM
twostroker

I do not know how they sell any airplanes, no prices on-line and no return phone calls. My last attempt to contact them has been made a couple days ago, I left a nice message with name and number but still no call back. To heck with them. Some time ago I had a customer that wanted a Yellow Aircraft plane and he tried to contact them as did I, no response. I guess they sell enough planes to the locals to worry about returning calls. Of all the calls made I 've only talked to a real person once and they couldn't help me?
Old 10-22-2003, 08:49 AM
wja

I guess I got lucky because I had no problem reaching them yesterday. In any case, I was told that at this point they have the Razorback version in stock but the Bubble version of P-47 won’t be in stock for few more weeks. I guess they do sell quite a few of these Jugs.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:09 AM
ezflyr
My Feedback: (32)

Hi Guys!

Are visits to the Yellow Aircraft factory encouraged (or at least tolerated)??? I'm local to them also!

John
Old 10-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Bearzilla

The owner is a nice guy and was very courteous to show AirBearMA and myself around the warehouse and chat about the planes (for about an hour). He was very informative on which planes flew well and which were difficult and why. Last Saturday he was just getting in a shipment of 300 new planes.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:14 AM
wja

I was told to call ahead of time and schedule an appointment before coming. If anything this might be a good idea just to make sure that they have on hand the kit you might be interested in.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:23 PM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

I felt like a little kid looking at all the models at Yellow. Their kit quality is very high, the prices reasonable for the quality. I thought the ownwe was very friendly and he was glad to show us all the goodies. If you aren't sure of whether to try Yellow, search RCU for posts on Yellow Kits. You will find very few complaints. I can't wait till my P-38 is completed.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:59 PM
p.j

I am flying there G300 with Saito .91 and am very happy with the plane.The price for me in Canada was a bit high though.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:00 PM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Yes, they make a great series of kits. Too bad that they're all on the smallish side. I really would like to buy one someday.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Bearzilla

Yellow P-38's and AT-6's with 100" wings - "smallish"? Branded, as usual you are quite confused.

Most people think that 100", 36lb planes are QUITE satisfactory in size. Anything much larger is both a serious drain on finances and difficult to transport even with a van.

Must be little mans envy on your part once again.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:20 PM
AirBearMA

While you may think that a 100 inch P-38 is "smallish", I'm sure there are many others here who think otherwise. BUT no matter how you look at it, these Yellow kits are of VERY high quality and a good value for what you pay for it.

As far as smallish is concerned, a Ziroli is "smallish" compared to my custom "Phantom" ultralight I built myself (29' wingspan, 280 lbs, 56 HP Rotax 503, fully aerobatic (not 3D))
Old 10-25-2003, 10:45 PM
branded

ORIGINAL: AirBearMA

While you may think that a 100 inch P-38 is "smallish", I'm sure there are many others here who think otherwise. BUT no matter how you look at it, these Yellow kits are of VERY high quality and a good value for what you pay for it.

As far as smallish is concerned, a Ziroli is "smallish" compared to my custom "Phantom" ultralight I built myself (29' wingspan, 280 lbs, 56 HP Rotax 503, fully aerobatic (not 3D))
Yes, I apologix=ze. Those airplaners are huge ....

Here I am again, deluding myself. Yep, they're huge . Hey, it's just my opinion. I did say I'd really like to buy a Yellow kit, with the caveat that they'll need to get past 1995 and make them the size that are more in tune with 2004......

Just my opinon. No need to get excited.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 PM
AirBearMA

ORIGINAL: branded

Here I am again, deluding myself. Yep, they're huge . Hey, it's just my opinion. I did say I'd really like to buy a Yellow kit, with the caveat that they'll need to get past 1995 and make them the size that are more in tune with 2004......

Just my opinon. No need to get excited.

I'm not excited at all. I guess I have a different perspective on things. What is large or affordable is a relative thing to many people.

I was at an electric fly-in a month ago and there was this high school kid with a "Wingo". He was proud of that plane and was hoping to build something bigger when he had the money. He crashed the Wingo later on and I felt real bad for him because for him, losing this small electric plane was losing everything he had. I felt real bad for him.

The last thing I would have done to him was try to put him or his plane down or try to gloat about my "bigger" planes to him.

So while you may think your 120 " planes are everything, it is all relative. To this kid, his 30" plane was everything. Many other people on this forum also have decided what is good for themselves whether their dream plane is a micro or a giant or a Wingo or Ziroli.

People who try to put others down are usually the ones suffering from inferiority so try to prove to others that what they have is best.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:42 AM
fw190

I think the size of the models from 1995 and 2004 has not changed much. Ziroli airplanes are still basically the same size prior to 1995, even with todays NEW kits and plans. Do you think those models are BIG?

What size are you talking about? Bud Nosen sold kits in 100' span before 1995, Meister Plans sold 100" kits prior to 1995.

I don't think there is really anything to do with being in 'tune to 2004'.

If your talking about IMAC ships, then yes they are big BIG, then I agree 100 percent.

So Branded, what are you really getting at??? and why do you keep doing keep making nonsense comments???
Old 10-26-2003, 09:07 AM
branded

I'd like to see their P40 more in the size range of the Ziroli, or larger. The trend is bigger/larger and a good quality, composite fuselage in that size would be a welcome addition.

Nobody said that they have to stop selling the versions they have now, I'd just like to see larger scale ships than they're providing.

As for their P38, it's nice but I think would be alot nicer in the 120" ws area. Then you'd have a much larger choice of engines. If you look at the Yellow next to a Robart there's quite a difference in size. I'd like to see more choices in this size range.

I like the glass work and detail of the Yellow kits, but the size of these kits tend to turn me away.
I was dissapointed in when I heard that the P40 wasn't at least as big as the old Ziroli.

As for Ziroli, he's at least once made larger versions of his aircraft as a result of popular demand, that being his B25. There are two versions, the smaller using G23's and the larger that makes use of G38's, or G45's....can't remember.

Oh, and by the way, since your monicker is FW190, the Stuart McKay FW190 is absolutely gorgeous and I wish that someone would distribute it here in the USA. I spoke to Roy Vaillancourt not too long ago and he's working on enlarging his FW190 to similar size.
My reference to the 1995 (or earlier) time frame was really my observation that Yellow, and Byron (now Iron Bay) had similarly sized airplanes. Since that time frame, the majority of airplanes I see at warbird fly in's are larger than those.

You may not agree with that observation, but that's how I see it. There are many more 90"~100+" warbirds at these meets than 80~90".

So I see the trend, and the preference going larger.

FW190
So Branded, what are you really getting at??? and why do you keep doing keep making nonsense comments???
I don't see these comments are "nonsense". They are statements made in the hopes that Yellow is listening in, and might see their way to agreeing that there's much more potential in sizing their aircraft a little larger than the models they're offering now.

I'd much rather build a P40 with rivet detail molded in, than to have to apply them myself. Unfortunately, I don't know of many that are available out there in the size that I prefer, so I stick with Ziroli sized aircraft and larger for now.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:36 PM
toy264

To heck with them. Some time ago I had a customer that wanted a Yellow Aircraft plane and he tried to contact them as did I, no response. I guess they sell enough planes to the locals to worry about returning calls. Of all the calls made I 've only talked to a real person once and they couldn't help me?
Twostroke- sorry you had problems, but I think they weren't typical. I called a couple of weeks back and needed dimensional info on a set of Zero retracts, and the owner went out, grabbed a set and measured them while I was on the phone. I got them in four days. Now, I like Tower, but there's no way you'll get that kind of attention from them or very many other big mail-order houses. But I understand your frustration- nothing kills a sale quicker than an unresponsive seller.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

Don't forget, there is at least ONE factory Rep on here whose HOME and work #s are right here on my signature. Between home and work, there's no reason anyone can't get a question answered between the hours of 9 am and midnight, pacific time. Call--you're welcome to!

Here for you,
Old 10-26-2003, 06:48 PM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Shaun, It would still be nice to have a price list on the website. Even if prices change a lot it is easy to change them on the web plus just put in a disclaimer that prices could change without notice. I know they have prices on thier hard catalog so why not on the website. It would save everyone a lot of time and help us out budgeting for a project. Don

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.