Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lets Compare Hangar-9 B-25 vs Top Flite B-25 ARFs

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hangar-9
30.20%
Top Flite
69.80%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Lets Compare Hangar-9 B-25 vs Top Flite B-25 ARFs

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:47 PM
danrc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets Compare Hangar-9 B-25 vs Top Flite B-25 ARFs

hey guys,
does anyone know where i could get painted scale pilots for the TF b-25 that look pretty good???? the whole set would be great!!!!

please help. i cant find any 1/9th scale pilots anywhere!!!!

thanks
Old 08-18-2007, 10:14 PM
willey
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go Dan!

http://www.vaillyaviation.com/Intro.html
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 AM
meyere30

I will fly either one. Well if I had alot of money. And who has my Ju88 or He 111 in ARF form? Topflite? Hanger ?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
echavi9325

I Saw the flying videos of both airplanes ...it looks the same flying field.....INTRESTING[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 08-19-2007, 01:38 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Top flight will make one that looks great to the scale buffs but flys like a warbird , H9 will make one that looks good to the ARfs guys and flys like a great sport plane , the choice will be in your flying ability because both planes can be tricked out to look so much better .
Me ---I fit in the ARf side , not skilled enought to fly an 80 " or better heavy warbird , so the H9 makes a great canvas for me to work on my flying a twin and tweeking an ARF to look more scale , dont see it much differant then that outside of the cost and construction aspects of both
Dont want to argue with anyone on witch one is better because H9 & Top Flight do not endorse me at this time , as a matter of fact like the rest of you , I endorse them way more with my income
Old 08-19-2007, 01:50 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: echavi9325

I Saw the flying videos of both airplanes ...it looks the same flying field.....INTRESTING[sm=50_50.gif]
Could be the same field, both companys are located in the same town.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:12 PM
CorsairJock

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update:
Despite my earlier comments that I felt (and voted) the Top Flite version was well worth the extra price: I now have a Hanger 9 B-25.

My reason: I concluded that the Hangar 9 version would be easier to convert to a B-25B/ Doolittle Raider BECAUSE I would not have to re-paint and/ or re-finish any part of it. The Top Flite version has the yellow cowl rings, which were NOT on the Doolittle Raiders. That means that would have had to re-paint the Top Flite cowls.
With the Hangar 9 version, all I have to do is remove the factory installed national markings (stars and bars) and install the correct ones.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

CJ are you going e-flight ?? If so please keep us posted on your set up
Thanks
Lou
Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
CorsairJock

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope, looking for that twin 4 stroke sound.
Have 1 Saito .62, looking for a good deal on a 2nd (NIB) one.
I am hoping that having seen enough twins crash, I will have the common sense to realize that the most important thing is: KEEP THEM BOTH RUNNING! Perfect sync is less important then keep both fires lit.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:39 AM
CRG
My Feedback: (3)

Got my H9 B-25 today, spent a few hours working on it. I'm not a huge ARF guy, more of a scratch builder but it's a very nice model. Well designed and put together, great value for the money I think.
I'm using the Evolution .36NT's, they're in and ready to go, and I got the Robart retracts installed in a couple of hours. They're a drop in fit, only extra thing that has to be done is scratch build a mounting plate for the actuator valve and servo.
Servos are DS821's on flaps, elevator, ailerons, throttle, and steering. NES341's on rudder, retract valve has a DS285. Will use a pair of 1500mAh NiMH packs and a JR R921 2.4 receiver.

CG.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
mobyal

CG --
Is yours one of the "second run" B25s?
Won't get mine 'til they get in and I'm hoping they've arrived early.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
CRG

No idea Al, is there a way to tell?

Craig.

ORIGINAL: mobyal

CG --
Is yours one of the "second run" B25s?
Won't get mine 'til they get in and I'm hoping they've arrived early.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
mobyal

Not that I know of; just thought that you might have been on the waiting list too.
Good luck w/ the build!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
CRG

Finished the B-25 a couple of nights ago, if the weather is half decent will go fly it this weekend. Motors are running nicely and it's balanced. Only thing not really finished is the canopy, I just taped it on until I can find a couple of pilots for it then will glue it on permanently.

Looks great when it's all together, the dummy engines make a big difference and the TruTurn spinner nuts really set it off. Am very happy with the Robart gear too, was a pretty simple install and they work nicely. Have a couple of leaks I'm still chasing but is ok to fly.

Craig.

ORIGINAL: mobyal

Not that I know of; just thought that you might have been on the waiting list too.
Good luck w/ the build!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Rip n Bank

[quote]ORIGINAL: CRG

Finished the B-25 a couple of nights ago, if the weather is half decent will go fly it this weekend. Motors are running nicely and it's balanced. Only thing not really finished is the canopy, I just taped it on until I can find a couple of pilots for it then will glue it on permanently.

Looks great when it's all together, the dummy engines make a big difference and the TruTurn spinner nuts really set it off. Am very happy with the Robart gear too, was a pretty simple install and they work nicely. Have a couple of leaks I'm still chasing but is ok to fly.

Craig.

[quote]

Hah! I'm envious! You got your B-25 on 11/30, and on 12/7 report it was done two days before!!

Man, I wish I had that kind of free time to devote to this hobby. It usually takes me 5-6 weekends (minimum) to scrap together the 20-25 hours I take to finish an ARF.

Be sure to let us know how the maiden goes...

Rip
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 PM
CRG

Rip,

I wouldn't normally devote that much straight time to a project like this, but it's large enough that it gets in the way and I needed to get it done so I could make a space for it and set it aside. My other stuff is larger still and to switch back and forth is not productive.

It took 30 hours plus to put it together, and that's with the motors already installed. I had to pull a nacelle to fix a faulty tank (clogged clunk) but other than that it went really well. Just a lot of things to do and it all takes time.

Craig.

ORIGINAL: Rip n Bank

Hah! I'm envious! You got your B-25 on 11/30, and on 12/7 report it was done two days before!!

Man, I wish I had that kind of free time to devote to this hobby. It usually takes me 5-6 weekends (minimum) to scrap together the 20-25 hours I take to finish an ARF.

Be sure to let us know how the maiden goes...

Rip
Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
CRG

I flew the B-25 yesterday, posted some stuff here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_65..._2/key_/tm.htm

CG.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
agentalpha

In all of your blind, rather embarrassing attempts at being cool, by proclaiming the larger (10 inches)and more expensive(300 USD!!!) model to "be the much better model"(without even looking most likely) or even insulting hangar 9's version, did ANY of you happen to notice the WAIST GUNS??
The top flight model's look NOTHING LIKE the real things, GUYS!
I bought Hangar 9's version AFTER reading this post, and a VERY high quality model it IS!!!
ESPECIALLY for 300 bucks LESS for a MUCH BETTER depiction!!!!
Marketing guys must LOVE some of you...
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: agentalpha

In all of your blind, rather embarrassing attempts at being cool, by proclaiming the larger (10 inches)and more expensive(300 USD!!!) model to "be the much better model"(without even looking most likely) or even insulting hangar 9's version, did ANY of you happen to notice the WAIST GUNS??
The top flight model's look NOTHING LIKE the real things, GUYS!
I bought Hangar 9's version AFTER reading this post, and a VERY high quality model it IS!!!
ESPECIALLY for 300 bucks LESS for a MUCH BETTER depiction!!!!
Marketing guys must LOVE some of you...

Did you look at the gear doors on the H9 B-25..... Oh, wait...there are none...just a gear shaped hole in the bottom of the model. How can you overlook this huge omission?

Just because the TF is a better overall model does not mean it is perfect....just better.

I don't get what you are talking about on the side guns.

I have no issue with the waist gun details on the TF model. Compare them with the real aircraft.

Below are pics of the side gun areas of the real Executive Sweet and TF's model of Executive Sweet. I also added another view of a similar B-25 waist gun with the gun installed:

More than close enough.....TF did a good job in this area.

The TF model wins in more areas than simple size. The matt finish, the more and better scale details and the scale gear doors place it a full notch higher than the H9 model...which is a nice model itself....but a simpler less scale like B-25 model.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21503.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1028186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24123.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1028187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85741.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	56.4 KB