Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
wowplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

ORIGINAL: rodneygt

wowplanes,

I think that Doug had a brief time where he had received some bad motors but if you ordered them in June 09, yours should have been after that date but I could be wrong. However, he mentioned it to me in July during a call about mine - and my understanding of the conversation was that the bad motors was something that had happened in the past and been remedied.

Now what often happens and what happened to mine, if they are rotators like the 60-2s, you accidentally get a tiny drop of lock-tite where the retract rotates (not the gears). You have to take it apart and clean it out - really easy. It only takes a minuscule amount of lock-tite to mess them up. I thought I had a screwy retract and Doug sent me a new one - but before I installed it, I figured out what the prob was, cleaned it and sent the replacement back. RBean mentions the same thing happening to him in post 514.

Doug should have checked the ones you sent back and know what the prob was. I hope he contacts you and lets you know and replaces your product.
Thanks for sharing the experience you had with lock-tite. With 2 of the 3 units I never got as far as installing them in the plane. They failed on the bench as I was testing them before installation and I had not applied any locktite at that point. The one I did install, I had applied locktite very carefully, and it worked in the plane for a while, then failed. Could not be due to locktite, otherwise it should have failed from git-go. Yes I sure hope he will contact me before long and do something, anything [>:]
Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 PM
lado-tech

Fahim,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought I was to refund your money. When the order is over 30 days I cannot refund back to the credit card, pay pals rules not mine. So I have to send you a check. Unfortunately we are a small company and I only do this twice a month with my accountant.

I am more than happy to get you another set, but like I said in one of my last emails I wanted to get you one of the newer units just coming out of production. It has a small firmware change and can handle a little higher voltage due to a part change. As I recall most of the ones you send back seemed to have high voltage applied to them. It’s hard for me to tell for sure, but the controller was dead. One of them had a cut in the servo wire, once I replaced the wire it worked okay.

This new build has taken longer than I thought as we have had many problems after our move. We had to have PGE upgrade our power to run our CNC, the phones have had all kinds of problems. So I know you wanted them quickly but I just have not gotten this new build going. I know you said you have the BEC running at 5 and 6V and that should be fine. But my best guess as to what happen was over voltage, but again it’s hard for me to say for sure.

Let me know how you want me to proceed. I am meeting with my account Friday and can get you a check then if you want a refund.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO
Old 10-08-2009, 02:57 AM
loorio

Hi!

Doug!

I'm Loorio from Hungary (Europe).
n
Sofar I have been waiting but You don't answer to my letters You are not available on phone and on Your webshop the item is still written in stock - and you promised to send it in 7 days which did not happen, neither payed you back the 50 dollars, so I ended up waiting I started Money Request in PayPal. Please send my money back.

ID: 1110

208.49 usd

good luck

Loorio :-( :-( :-(
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
wowplanes

ORIGINAL: lado-tech

Fahim,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought I was to refund your money. When the order is over 30 days I cannot refund back to the credit card, pay pals rules not mine. So I have to send you a check. Unfortunately we are a small company and I only do this twice a month with my accountant.

I am more than happy to get you another set, but like I said in one of my last emails I wanted to get you one of the newer units just coming out of production. It has a small firmware change and can handle a little higher voltage due to a part change. As I recall most of the ones you send back seemed to have high voltage applied to them. It’s hard for me to tell for sure, but the controller was dead. One of them had a cut in the servo wire, once I replaced the wire it worked okay.

This new build has taken longer than I thought as we have had many problems after our move. We had to have PGE upgrade our power to run our CNC, the phones have had all kinds of problems. So I know you wanted them quickly but I just have not gotten this new build going. I know you said you have the BEC running at 5 and 6V and that should be fine. But my best guess as to what happen was over voltage, but again it’s hard for me to say for sure.

Let me know how you want me to proceed. I am meeting with my account Friday and can get you a check then if you want a refund.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO
Doug,
Here is what I would like to do.

1) You don't have to wait to meet with your accountant to mail me a check. Send me the $176.94 by Paypal to my email at [email protected]

I have also spent around $30 in mailing these retracts back to you two times. In the interest of good customer relations, if I were you, I would also refund that.

If you send these amounts to the email address above, it would take less than 5 minutes of your time and I should have it today, and you will not have to pay for your accountant's time. I am waiting.

2) As I had mentioned before, I had started promoting your products with my kits, at no cost to you, because I thought these retracts are a good compliment to my scale models. I have stopped doing that for obvious reasons. When you have solved all your production and design problems, let me know and I will be more than happy to test them for you, and if satisfied I will resume promoting them. At that time I will purchase them again, but for now I want a refund.

Regards
Fahim
Wowplanes.com

Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
EMB145Driver
My Feedback: (7)

"When the order is over 30 days I cannot refund back to the credit card, pay pals rules not mine. So I have to send you a check. Unfortunately we are a small company and I only do this twice a month with my accountant."

This is just another reason not to do business with this guy. YOU should never make a customer wait to get his or her money back. Twice a month is UNACCEPTABLE, especially when you don't return phone calls, then this leads to people feeling very uneasy. You have a checkbook send him a check or go get a Money Order. We sent you money INSTANTLY, isn't that how you wanted it??? Your accountant knows how to take care of all this. Forget PayPal rules, what's both MORALLY AND ETHICALLY correct to do as a businessman? There's also a guy from Hungary that wants his money back. IT'S NOT JUST ME THAT DOESN'T WANT TO WAIT... There are many more that have emailed me sharing their same concerns.

By the way, what's the name of this thread? "Lado Retracts, Do they really exist???" If I was a business owner I would not want my company associated with this thread, Period. This thread already sends preconditioned feelings about LADO before you even know about them.

There's a bunch of you guys, and you know who you are sending me nasty-grams, including the last one I got from DAN MACMURRAY. You obviously live in the USA, well there's something that is called FREE SPEECH and I'm entitled to it. I had an experience with this company and I'm entitled to voice my opinion, just like all of you are doing on this thread. Dan calling me a Whacko and whatever other names you called me in private is very trashy. I would never say that of you, you seem to be an adult, I would appreciate it if you acted like one and set an example for the 15 year olds that post on this site. For all of you who have wondered what I do, I'm a pilot with an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate. My career is with the US. GOVT as a Federal Officer. I'm not here to start fights with people I don't know, or care to know, as a matter of fact, I have never or really ever cared to post on here until I had this issue. If you have something to say to me give me your number and we can talk. I doubt that any of you would have the time to quit hiding behind a computer screen and say the things you say about me to my face.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Ok just because you weren't cuddled and cradled and kissed and hugged and made to feel that warm fuzzy feeling inside you think your precious three day wait (two of which were weekand days) Gives you the right to get on here a ***** ? gimme me a break pal ! no one on here feels bad for you and even fewer care to hear what you have to say on the subject. If you know how to read which it seems you do go back and read this thread from the start , you will notice especially if you can look at it a little objectively, that as of recent Doug has grown his business by leaps and bounds , is the customer service part of it still maybe lacking probably yes, no one on here is disputing that, has he gotten better then he was ? HELL YEAH ! that is what you are not seeing, you come in at the tail end of a conversation and think you know enough to offer an educated opinion ? I personally don't disagree with some of your complaints however you need to look at the big pic and stop bashing something you know nothing about and have no experience on what so ever
Old 10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
EMB145Driver

So I guess I can assume you are a representative of Lado, that is you have much more knowledge than me of the situation because you work there, or I guess you work from your home there in Illinoise??? Quit hiding behind your computer screens standing up for someone you don't even know.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM
loorio

(Enlarge)  

60-6 Electric Retract 85'(Wide) PAIR

The60-6 is an Electric Retract with all the electronics and drive systembuilt right into the retract.  With a servo lead that connects tochannel five on your receiver this couldn't get any easier. 

FITS - Any Kit that accepts Robart 606.  Top Flite P-51 Mustang

[*]Easy Installation, just like servo[*]Strong Rotating Retract[*]Staggered lift (with optional Controller)[*]Up and Down Locks - Self Tighten[*]All Metal Gear Box and Drive System[*]All Aluminum Design ( NO Plastic )[*]Drop in replacement for Top Flite Planes [*]Scale Retract Speeds[*]Over Current Protection[/list]

FEATURES:

SPECIFICATION MIN TYP MAX UNITS
    Voltage 4.00 4.8 to 6.0 6.5 Volts
    Current Draw 0.05 0.3 0.8 Amps
    Weight ea. - 3.1 - Ounces
    Retract Speed @ 4.8V - 9 - Seconds
    Retract Speed @ 6.0V - 7 - Seconds
    Strut Angle - 85 - Degree

NOTES: Struts NOT Included, Controller is not required, Price Includes 2 Retracts (Pair). 

Guaranteed to ship in 7 days! or $50 Back!

Price: $174.99
<hr width="80%"/>
<label for="optn0x0">60-6 Accepts Strut Hole Size</label>:

<input name="id" value="60-6" type="hidden"/><input name="mode" value="add" type="hidden"/><input name="frompage" value="/proddetail.php?prod=60-6" type="hidden"/><input value="Add to cart" type="submit"/>

« Previous | Next »

WHY IN STOCK?

is not fair.......

Old 10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

I can't wait until someone comes out with these retracts and charges double for them, hell I'll pay double to get them on time.
It makes me sick to hear you guys saying how happy you are with your retracts, even though you waited 5 months for them, but Thanks Doug for sending them to me... like you won the lottery.
EMB145Driver

Lado 60-2 retracts, new and in the package. $399.98
Free Shipping!!
Shipped your choice, Priority Mail, or FedEx !!
Shipped the same day if payment is received before 3:00PM EST.
PayPal Only and I don't charge PayPal Fees!

Doug

I Love the retracts! I had four sets but I'll be down to three shortly.
I'll soon be placing an order for a couple more sets.
Take your time, no hurry,
Bob

P.S. I'm looking forward to the 70 series!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

So I guess I can assume you are a representative of Lado, that is you have much more knowledge than me of the situation because you work there, or I guess you work from your home there in Illinoise??? Quit hiding behind your computer screens standing up for someone you don't even know.

Nobody is hiding behind anything , and to prove it if you would like I can post a pic of myself, if for no other reason then to give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, being that I am representative of lado working from my home in Illinioes I feel that we need to right wrong So....................... Hey Phat I'm with you buddy ! I got a set of 60-1 and 2 sets 60-2 so EMB145driver if you would like 399.00 free shipping your choice of carrier, next day air even (wouldn't want any angry e-mails wondering were after less then 24hrs are my dam retracts! ) the ordering process will be as follows the computer will be monitored once your order is placed I personally will call and thank you for your order, after which it will be explained to you that a conformation e-mail to verify you order has been sent to you and needs your attention, once the conformation e-mail to you has been verified , your order will placed in the shipping service container you selected during the conformation e-mail and shipped out that very second, once shipped a tracking number will be sent to you so that you can track your product , after you receive said e-mail I will call you again on the phone to make sure everything is ok, after receiving your retracts a e-mail survey will be sent , we ask that you please take the time to let us know how we're doing and perhaps were we need to improve, at the end of this e-mail we would thank you for your business , we here at lado are striving to provide you with quality products and services

Doug guess this means I'm on the payroll !
Old 10-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

''When the order is over 30 days I cannot refund back to the credit card, pay pals rules not mine. So I have to send you a check. Unfortunately we are a small company and I only do this twice a month with my accountant.''

This is just another reason not to do business with this guy. YOU should never make a customer wait to get his or her money back. Twice a month is UNACCEPTABLE, especially when you don't return phone calls, then this leads to people feeling very uneasy. You have a checkbook send him a check or go get a Money Order. We sent you money INSTANTLY, isn't that how you wanted it??? Your accountant knows how to take care of all this. Forget PayPal rules, what's both MORALLY AND ETHICALLY correct to do as a businessman? There's also a guy from Hungary that wants his money back. IT'S NOT JUST ME THAT DOESN'T WANT TO WAIT... There are many more that have emailed me sharing their same concerns.

By the way, what's the name of this thread? ''Lado Retracts, Do they really exist???'' If I was a business owner I would not want my company associated with this thread, Period. This thread already sends preconditioned feelings about LADO before you even know about them.

There's a bunch of you guys, and you know who you are sending me nasty-grams, including the last one I got from DAN MACMURRAY. You obviously live in the USA, well there's something that is called FREE SPEECH and I'm entitled to it. I had an experience with this company and I'm entitled to voice my opinion, just like all of you are doing on this thread. Dan calling me a Whacko and whatever other names you called me in private is very trashy. I would never say that of you, you seem to be an adult, I would appreciate it if you acted like one and set an example for the 15 year olds that post on this site. For all of you who have wondered what I do, I'm a pilot with an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate. My career is with the US. GOVT as a Federal Officer. I'm not here to start fights with people I don't know, or care to know, as a matter of fact, I have never or really ever cared to post on here until I had this issue. If you have something to say to me give me your number and we can talk. I doubt that any of you would have the time to quit hiding behind a computer screen and say the things you say about me to my face.

First and foremost .... I DID NOT PM YOU , i don't care that much .

Second .... no offense , but you are a whacko ~!

third ... people like you who claim to be federal Officers / cops / homeland security / etc .... when you are not , worry me ... more then likely you couldn't even make it as a hall monitor in grade school .

Fourth ... You would never pass the mental evaluations that come with Federal service and or Commercial aviation (at any level) ........ so please .... don't confuse your park flyer and your cowboys and Indians plastic belt and gun for the real thing .

Five ..... i know damn well you weren't born or raised in Texas , especially Alvin .. you would reside in a 55 gallon drum of lime by now .

Dbag !!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 PM
EMB145Driver

ORIGINAL: DanMacMurray

''When the order is over 30 days I cannot refund back to the credit card, pay pals rules not mine. So I have to send you a check. Unfortunately we are a small company and I only do this twice a month with my accountant.''

By the way, what's the name of this thread? ''Lado Retracts, Do they really exist???'' If I was a business owner I would not want my company associated with this thread, Period. This thread already sends preconditioned feelings about LADO before you even know about them.

First and foremost .... I DID NOT PM YOU , i don't care that much .

Second .... no offense , but you are a whacko ~!

third ... people like you who claim to be federal Officers / cops / homeland security / etc .... when you are not , worry me ... more then likely you couldn't even make it as a hall monitor in grade school .

Fourth ... You would never pass the mental evaluations that come with Federal service and or Commercial aviation (at any level) ........ so please .... don't confuse your park flyer and your cowboys and Indians plastic belt and gun for the real thing .

Five ..... i know damn well you weren't born or raised in Texas , especially Alvin .. you would reside in a 55 gallon drum of lime by now .

Dbag !!

You are not only a jerk, you're a LIAR. You did PM me. Stop harassing me calling me names, you'll find out really quick you were messing with the wrong guy. This is your last chance.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Please don't hurt me !!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

LMAO at the above photo... messing with the wrong guy......seriously?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
wowplanes

Fahim,

Thanks,
Doug - LADO

Doug,
Here is what I would like to do.

1) You don't have to wait to meet with your accountant to mail me a check. Send me the $176.94 by Paypal to my email at [email protected]

I have also spent around $30 in mailing these retracts back to you two times. In the interest of good customer relations, if I were you, I would also refund that.

If you send these amounts to the email address above, it would take less than 5 minutes of your time and I should have it today, and you will not have to pay for your accountant's time. I am waiting.

2) As I had mentioned before, I had started promoting your products with my kits, at no cost to you, because I thought these retracts are a good compliment to my scale models. I have stopped doing that for obvious reasons. When you have solved all your production and design problems, let me know and I will be more than happy to test them for you, and if satisfied I will resume promoting them. At that time I will purchase them again, but for now I want a refund.

Regards
Fahim
Wowplanes.com
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

You are not only a jerk, you're a LIAR. You did PM me. Stop harassing me calling me names, you'll find out really quick you were messing with the wrong guy. This is your last chance.
ROFL! This is your last chance? Seriously? Or you'll do what? I can't wait to hear what sort of consequences are in store.

Bet y'all a Coca~Cola that this yahoo isn't over 15. Double or nothing he looks EXACTLY like the guy in the photo Dan posted and the only thing he "drives" is a bicycle
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 PM
show871

LMAO these accesories for our toy airplanes really bring out the best in some people!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
wowplanes

Doug

I know you frequent this forum daily so I wanted to make sure that I don't miss you.

In response to your post I had requested that you send the refund to my email account at [email protected]

In addition I have also sent you a Paypal Money Request for the same amount.

You can use either method to effect the refund, whichever is convenient to you.

And to make sure, I have also sent you a PM a few minutes ago, confirming what I have said above.

I expect, you will honor of my request as soon as you read my PM or this post.

I remain
Your sincerely
Fahim
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
lado-tech

Fahim - I paid your PayPal money request. I also send you another payment for $30 to cover your shipping charges. Sorry things didn't work out, but maybe you will try us again. Late next week I will have the new units with the changes.

Although I don't know if they would help your situation or not. Right now there is nothing wrong with the design that I am fixing. I am doing a very minor firmware update that helps my OEM actuators work better with really long drive setups ( this does not affect the retracts at all ). I also changed a component that will allow for a little higher power supply voltage. However I still recommend a MAXIMUM OF 6.5 VDC.

I truly have no idea why you had the problems you did. I send you 3 pairs and all of them died, and seem to have had too much voltage applied to them. I have had not any other customers report anything like this. So I am just don’t know.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO
Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 PM
deadstickdan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GaGeeBees

ROFL! This is your last chance? Seriously? Or you'll do what? I can't wait to hear what sort of consequences are in store.

Bet y'all a Coca~Cola that this yahoo isn't over 15. Double or nothing he looks EXACTLY like the guy in the photo Dan posted and the only thing he ''drives'' is a bicycle

Don't think he'd be on a bicycle.............he ordered it Sunday and hasn't heard back from the seller yet. I'm sure there's more information on Whiners Universe about this!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay this has gone far enough. RCU has posting rules and it appears that a few of you have decided to break the rules with personal attacks. If it continues the thread will be closed down. Thanks Dave
Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 AM
wowplanes

Fahim - I paid your PayPal money request. I also send you another payment for $30 to cover your shipping charges. Sorry things didn't work out, but maybe you will try us again. Late next week I will have the new units with the changes.

Although I don't know if they would help your situation or not. Right now there is nothing wrong with the design that I am fixing. I am doing a very minor firmware update that helps my OEM actuators work better with really long drive setups ( this does not affect the retracts at all ). I also changed a component that will allow for a little higher power supply voltage. However I still recommend a MAXIMUM OF 6.5 VDC.

I truly have no idea why you had the problems you did. I send you 3 pairs and all of them died, and seem to have had too much voltage applied to them. I have had not any other customers report anything like this. So I am just don’t know.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO
Doug,
Thank you for the refund. It was recieved.

As I have said to you before, I believe you have an excellent idea in this product. As to why each of the 3 failed, I recall the following that might be of help to you in nailing down the causes/s.

1. First pair: One retract did not work out-the-box and I did not open it to see why. It would retract half way and then freeze. If I recycled the retract channel, it sometimes started working, but would freeze again.

2. Second pair: Behaved the same way and this time I opened the misbehaving unit. I had mentioned to you that I found a broken bearing or bushing that was floating on the worm gear. Seemed like a manufacturing defect at assembly.

3. Third Pair: Failed the same way. I did not investigate the reason, but I remember you mentioning that the servo lead was nicked. I had not installed this unit in the model as it had failed on the bench. So I suspect that is how it arrived here and can only attribute it to a manufacturing/assembly error.

4. Fourth Pair: In spite of these bad experiences I was prepared to try a fourth, as a retired electronics engineer who has introduced many revolutionary products and have many patents to my name, I realize how difficult it can be to get the design and manufacturing just right. But we never got that far, not because I lost faith in the product, but because of the missed promises, changing stories about why the units failed (latest being over voltage), and finally, total silence from your end. No one wants to deal with a company that treats its customers that way, no matter how good the product. If you can fix these latter issues, I will be happy to try your product again and be happy to promote it along with my kits.

Regards
Fahim
Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
gabork73

Hi everyone!
I will post my little story here maybe I have a resolution here because its impossible to talk to Dough over the phone.
I have two sets of Lado retracts.
The first pair was purchased about a year ago.I waited two mounths for it.They are still working and Im happy with those.
The second pair was purchased in april.
One of them went sour about a month and a half ago.The circuitboard smoked down.I called Dough and I talked to him about my problem.
He was very helpful and I had to fight with him at least to pay him something for a replacement unit.I gived my cardnumber and he sad he will ship a replacement part right away.
Well hi did not took the money off from my card and since then I did not recevied anything yet.
I sent several mails,voice messages.......no response.
I kept calling them,but a lady pics up the phone and she keeps asking my contacts........at least twice a week.But nothing happens.
Dough PLEASE resolve my problem.I dont want you to warranty that /FOR FREE/...........I just want to fly my bird this year.

To take a pressure off you guys watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLatLQLsAEo&feature=fvsr

Thats my Lucky bird,but my P-51 is grounded with a half a working retract.
Best regards.
gabe
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

Okay this has gone far enough. RCU has posting rules and it appears that a few of you have decided to break the rules with personal attacks. If it continues the thread will be closed down. Thanks Dave
dave don't you think your a little late with that, this thread is all about winers and personal attacks, matter of fact this is the attack Doug thread,it started with the title, pretty obvious, and not real productive, the even slightly positive, and informative threads have fallen by the way side .

even when agressively defended by his happy customers, I would be one of those, there railed on by the few loud and critical, champions of the buisness world(that was sarcasm) so if mister 4 posts gets his panties in a bunch and decides to pad his total with another 10 on this thread, then gets slammed for it, oh well, it gives me visions of a little kid lying on the ground kicking the floor

this should have been closed a while ago, it was dead but was revived from the bowels of RCU.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
wowplanes

Dave

IMHO I don't think you should close this thread. This seems to be the only way to get customer service from Lado and therefore serves a very useful purpose. There are many posts here from happy campers and unhappy campers alike, and that in itself is a good thing by providing a balanced view of reality.

May I suggest that instead you should send a warning to anyone who gets nasty and personal, and if they don't desist, cancel their account and block their IP address.

Regards
Fahim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.