Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
christophe31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

you can contact him on his new mail:
[email protected]
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
funkymeter2003

I had given up, maybe I will try and hit them at the new e-mail you provided. Mine were ordered in September....
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok... Last I heard Magnum has had a few problems with Customs. I really hope this is a minor thing. They are now stating a July 5 date for stock items.
Just for the record..
has anyone smoked the boards with a 7.2 volt lipo regulated down to 5.9 volts? I am wondering is there is maybe a slight spike when the radio is binding (JR 9303) and the servos jump around. For some reason I could use a 5 cell SR niCad pack to intall the retracts (using a matchmaker to actuate the gear) I must have cycled the gear 20 times, with perfect results. Then I hooked up the wing to the plane and flipped the retract switch, and NOTHING, not even a jump. I went back to the nicad I was using and still nothing.. so I smoked both boards. I was hoping there was a fuse on the board, but I dont see one. Looks like a $90 boo boo.
Anyone else encountered a VERY voltage sensitive gear.
Anticipating ... waiting... come on July 5!!

CC
Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM
flemsus

I got a new set of Lado to day, shipped from France. I have an old sequenser that do not seem to like the new retract's. I think I need one, because I am going to put them in a P-51.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Magnum RC

These retracts operate on a battery pack that should not exceed 4.8 volts. The Nicad seems to offer a steadier voltage pattern and is recommended. A high voltage spike can take out the board in a heartbeat. All Lado products will be shipped out with this warning attached. Regulating with a voltage regulator delivers I believe in most of them 5.7 volts. Doug did say to me at one time that the units may take that voltage for a short time, but the units are being driven by it. To be safe, we recomend 4.8 volts in whatever milliamp design your wish in a Nicad construction. It is just that simple.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
christophe31

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9833794/tm.htm
A new story begin....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 PM
chalmrast
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MAGNUMRC.COM

These retracts operate on a battery pack that should not exceed 4.8 volts. The Nicad seems to offer a steadier voltage pattern and is recommended. A high voltage spike can take out the board in a heartbeat. All Lado products will be shipped out with this warning attached. Regulating with a voltage regulator delivers I believe in most of them 5.7 volts. Doug did say to me at one time that the units may take that voltage for a short time, but the units are being driven by it. To be safe, we recomend 4.8 volts in whatever milliamp design your wish in a Nicad construction. It is just that simple.
It is simple to modify a standard y harness so that you can run a separate 4.8V NiCd for your Lados. Here is a sketch I made showing how to do it with a JR791 Retract Servo which also can only take 4.8v. Of course the only difference would be that you would use another Y harness where the retract servo is in the drawing.

On my CMPro P-40 I also installed a switch between the battery & retracts so that I can turn it on & off as needed.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75544.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1460304  
Old 06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Magnum RC

Very nice information, good job, I will use this as well and it may very well save some money in regards to a "matchbox" option.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I just got an email that I bet informs me that my retracts are in the mail and I'm guessing the CXxxxxxxxxxFR number is a tracking number. But I don't read French

Bonjour Name My,

Nous vous informons qu'un colis vient d'être déposé Ã* votre attention dans notre réseau.

Votre numéro Colissimo est le CXxxxxxxxxxFR.

A compter de ce jour, vous pouvez suivre l'acheminement de votre colis sur
Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: christophe31

you can contact him on his new mail:
[email protected]

I e-mailed him today and am awaiting his reply. I ordered on 8-28-09 and just would like to know where I'm ranked on the list. Maybe he will respond soon.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
fnlrun

When i drove to Dougs and picked up my 60-2's he swore up and down that 6v was OK. Well now there at MagnumRC awainting to be fixed...4.6v is a handy piece of info
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Joespeeder

I used 6 volts in my P-40 and the Lados worked perfectly. Of course the P-40 found it's experation date with only about a dozen flights on it..... The rekitting didn't have anything to do with the retracts and I wasn't flying it at the time...

I don't want to smoke a pair of Lados. Couldn't we just use one of those voltage reducers from Align like I did on another project since the JR retract servo wouldn't run on 6 volts? I think the heli guys use the reducer for the tail rotor servo.... It plugs in between the Rx and the servo or in this case the Lados.

Joe

Www.thecaterhamproject
Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Mikev
My Feedback: (1)

OK Chris. That e mail address for Doug now doesnt get any reply either. E Mailed him last week after e mailing you and so its the same old story, ripped off by LADO (DOUG). My order was Sep 2009 also for the nose gear retract and never received but now it says shipped, because they had to do that to sell the business etc etc etc. Anybody taken a trip to DOUGS to pick them up personally?????? If you have let us know if he is still alive.
MikeV
Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
bluetomcat

Mikev
I'm with you on this mate, i also ordered mine in sept 09 and still waiting.
If anyone has been in contact please let us know.
Waiting patiently and patientsis runnign out!!
Seems to me Mikev that we were one of the last to order before "the **** hit th fan" Obviously he just took our money and run.....
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
ZERO-322

I wouldn't say you guys were the last, I ordered in Oct of 2009 and got mine within two weeks or so, so maybe overlooked or un lucky is probably a better description, hope you get it worked out

Mike
Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

I wouldn't say you guys were the last, I ordered in Oct of 2009 and got mine within two weeks or so, so maybe overlooked or un lucky is probably a better description, hope you get it worked out

Mike

I guess I was the only one to order the 60-6 retracts. Maybe that is why it is taking so long. At this point I would take the narrow as well. I thought when Jeremy came on board I was going to get mine but now I am starting to worry a little. Still no reply with the new e-mail address.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:57 PM
da Rock

Arrived today at my door.
Ordered the 333-RBs on Monday June 28th.

I would have them in my hand except they came by US Mail, Special Delivery and I was out flying so the mailman kept them and left a note. I'll be able to go over to the area P.O. and pick them up 3 days from now (since it's 4th of July weekend). That's Special Delivery for you.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Magnum RC

Mr. Rock, was the shipment from Doug or from the French at E-Retract?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:44 PM
da Rock

Came from "LADO by E-Retract"
Was shipped from France.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:10 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

so on the www.magnumrc.com website it shows a availability date of 7-5-10 is this still the projected date,or more accurately the 6th since most places are closed on the 5th
Old 07-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Magnum RC

Ok, that makes more sense, We have to warrant that unit, have you been told the warranty plan yet, if not, please write us and I will explain. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Magnum RC

It is close but, no, it will be a little longer. All I know is the shipment is now enroute and we have our proverbial ducks in a row when it comes to the US Customs fellows. I never seen the like of the importing rules. It is amazing that anyone in this business is still in business because most of the hobby products are imported.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Macchi
My Feedback: (4)

Though I am thrilled that new customers appear to be able to order these retracts and actually receive them, I am disappointed that I am still waiting on my order from 09-18-2009 (no. 1189).

Is anyone doing anything to help the many people that paid good money and are still waiting?

Leaving this group of customers hanging certainly does not help the image of the new owners/distributors. If this condition persists I will certainly never order from Lado again and will do all I can to dissuade others from doing the same. You guys should consider the cost of a bad reputation vs. the cost of Doug's past mistakes.

FF
Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Magnum RC

Well, I must say, you are the first to expect someone else to cover your loss. The product does not have a bad rep, Doug does. ANYTIME you purchase something online in a preorder condition, you take a risk. The intensity of the risk then becomes determinent on previous experience with that vendor. Many many people are stolen from. I myself have lost thousands to a theif. I do not go to my neighbor because heowns what I lost in that theftand expect him to fork it over just because he should have been vigilant to prevent it from happening to me which is also unreasonable expectation. I would think extending a helping hand to Doug's customers in regards to warranty repair was a decent gesture. NOONE is communicating with Doug. He has fallen off the face of the earth. Quite frankly, the French fellows are enthusiastic about providing good customer service as well as the product to the USmodeler. They bought the technology only, NOT doug's liabilities, not the company Doug started. To focus your anger on a new group of people for something somebody else did??? Does that truly sound like the right thing to do? The company is no longer Lado Technologies, it is E-Retract. The product name stays Lado, to identify it with it's name recognition.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Macchi
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Magnumrc,

No anger here, this issue is insignificant in the big picture.

I am sure that future customers that have not been burned will eventually forget about the rotten rep currently associated with Lado, and that is great news for you.

However I am also sure that many that have been burned will not forget, and will never buy anything with even a hint of the "Lado" name attached to it. That's human nature for you.

Whoever has taken control has a very damaged brand on their hands and they have several options moving forward to turn it around, and I wish them all the best with this task.

FF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.