Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

I think he needs to address the old problems head on and this is the hottest thread for that.

LADO has a horrible reputation. If he is going to succeed he needs to get that handled first thing. If he ignors it, it will just fester.
LADO-Tech the COMPANY has a bad reputation (apparently deservedly so, based on the volume of complaints agains them and Paypal suspending their account etc. etc. etc), but Lado's the actual retract units have a very good reputation as far as their quality durability and functionality. I'm sure there's still room for improvement in the units, but not much. [:-]

I have a H9 Corsair project with an RCV 90SP engine on hold for the time being until I can get a set of Lado's for it, from whomever takes over the LADO brand! I'll be working on adding some scale flaps to the plane in the meantime... [8D]

- Michael
Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
chalmrast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, 2 days after their original post & no word from E-Retract.

Also, 2nd week into Feb and no word from Lado concerning backorders & warranty repairs that were due by the end of January.

Finally, Bob's Workshop has pushed his product out another month too.

"I have reluctantly had to move the date I can offer these because some of the parts are not with me from the suppliers.

I now wish I could just get my money back from Lado and wait for the Horizon Hobby product... at least Horizon has a good customer service dept....

Old 02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: chalmrast
... at least Horizon has a good customer service dept....
In my book - the best!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Mikev

G-Pete. I have a set of the Horizon electric ones installed in my Habu and they work great. Cant wait for them to come out with the larger ones for 60 size and bigger planes.
Keep the faith. Also useing both sets of the Sonic Electric ones and they work great for smaller planes also.
MikeV
Some pics of my installation of Sonic Retracts on my Habu Jet from Horizon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76935.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1375307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87836.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1375308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52956.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1375309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf93644.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1375310  
Old 02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
show871

ORIGINAL: show871

ORIGINAL: christophe31

I did not know was that chalmrast that was my rates .... Lol.
I told you that the new rates would be virtually identical to those of today. I know very well that $ 300 I wouldn't sell Any retract. The stock should be there within a month or two maximum, but not produce by Doug, its production capabilities are not important enough.
Whatever you guys do......Take care of the people who have been getting treated unfairly by Doug these past 6 months! We still have retracts and refund promises that have been ignored! Get everyone happy again about lado, start a new thread and put this dishonest past behind. It will be tough to get anything successful started with such a large group of people left subjected to such dishonesty........so please get this stuff taken care of first so we can support you guys!

Yes I just emailed Doug, and CC'd you in on it. Please get me taken care of.....

I will keep you guys posted about what happens, and if this is really a new honest & positive start for lado!

Well after 4 months of being owed retracts or money, I still cannot get anything. This week I emailed doug, left 3 phone messages, and also emailed christophe31 in France. Nothing. I have gotten nowhere, can I please get my promised refund or retracts Doug & new owner, please? christophe31, please return my email with information, thankyou...871
Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 AM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: christophe31

I did not know was that chalmrast that was my rates .... Lol.
I told you that the new rates would be virtually identical to those of today. I know very well that $ 300 I wouldn't sell Any retract. The stock should be there within a month or two maximum, but not produce by Doug, its production capabilities are not important enough.
Whatever you guys do......Take care of the people who have been getting treated unfairly by Doug these past 6 months! We still have retracts and refund promises that have been ignored! Get everyone happy again about lado, start a new thread and put this dishonest past behind. It will be tough to get anything successful started with such a large group of people left subjected to such dishonesty........so please get this stuff taken care of first so we can support you guys!

Yes I just emailed Doug, and CC'd you in on it. Please get me taken care of.....

I will keep you guys posted about what happens, and if this is really a new honest & positive start for lado!

Well after 4 months of being owed retracts or money, I still cannot get anything. This week I emailed doug, left 3 phone messages, and also emailed christophe31 in France. Nothing. I have gotten nowhere, can I please get my promised refund or retracts Doug & new owner, please? christophe31, please return my email with information, thankyou...871
hi all,
sorry Show871 i've receive nothing on my mail, i've control them this morning even in spambox...
can you send me another on my webmail: [email protected]

guy's,
i say communication not slave..... lol, i'm a father and husband and the startup of the new company take long time,
but you see i didn't forget you

so i'll not use google translate, it was the first time, and apparently for the comprehension the last.... hi hi W1nd6urfa !!!
but it's fun to see some french sentences in this forum!!!

i'll no hide me, i know and everyone know that Doug and his production system, and not his retracts, was defficient.
you have pay for something that 'll never comes, if i start a new thread , for me it's like forgive all the guys who have buy those products ( sometime since longtime ago...) and like if i told them, it's your problem , not mine!!!
when problem are here, you need to be in front of, not hide you behind someonehelse.
i'm an adult, i don't copy ( like in school...) , and take my responsability.
when we have discuss with Doug, this problem of backorder, and unfilled order was debate, and we have asking him to be very vigilant on this point.
Stephane and me will looking this very close.
we also will assure the waranty of all LADO product that you have buy ( by the date where you'll receive it , not the order date, you know why...)

all these reasons made me to continue to post on this thread, and i know it'll be a plus for us!! because you 'll do the difference between the old and the new commercial system.

the warranty issue will normaly take place in US, but as you know the warranty it's not the most important problem on this reliable system, the most reliable, for me, in the world regarding the quantity of retract that fly.
the startup of the new company is on the way, and we do our best to have the stock as soon as possible.

i'll update this thread as needed, to communicate with you, and if you have some questions as i can answer feel free to post.

enjoy!!

Christophe31
Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
show871

email resent......your email address in post 1181 is incorrect, this was what I sent to. I would edit that and get the right one in.

Your attention is greatly appreciated

Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
christophe31

it's edited thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Mikev

Guys. E-Retract from france selling LADOs????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
Have you looked at there advert???????? They are LADOs. Have to click on the british flag for english. How come Doug doesnt make sure everyone gets what they ordered or has sent in to repair before starting to stock a buyer with his stuff. TYhey say not in stock on there web site but if you click on some they come up with a price and Paypal as the source of payment. Dont know about all of you but this is bad stuff. Anywaqy will see what happens.
MikeV
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
TOMAPOWA

ORIGINAL: w1nd6urfa
Oh, and one last thing: if you proclaim to this US forum that communication is going to be your strong point you can start by having an English-speaker communicate rather than having Google translate from French.
Can't stress enough how important proper and timely communications is! I can sort of see where this is going... [&o]
Old 02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
jim pettis

Have been trying to get replacement trunions for the rotating retracts for two months now. Doug has responded to me twice in that time, saying they will be sent when he gets an extra set made. I just sent him another email asking him to at least be honest, and decent enough to at least tell me he won't be sending them. I can live with the fact he won't send me a new set. (I've even offered to pay for the parts, as well as the shipping, numerous times, but I'm guessing that any money I send him via PayPal would get used to settle outstanding claims against him).

I just want him to honestly say "nope, won't be sending them" so I can figure out what to do to replace them.

Will try contacting the supposed new partner regarding the trunions to see what he has to say....

UPDATED

Surprizingly, I heard back from the new partner in about an hour. I agree with his response in that Doug should be help responsible for cleaning up the existing mess, and that he hopes everyone does their best to come to a solution via Doug.

I'll do my best to have all item in stock more sooner than Doug does.
I made an list of all customer who have problem with doug, with all needed item, to make with him a solution for all.
Ultimately, if Doug doesn't do that( but i m sûre he does ) i'll do what necessary is for all customer who waiting something.
I Come back to you, when i have some news for. But let me know if you have something from him.
And please do tell that on the net, i prefer that Doug assume what he does first.
regards

Cordialement
Christophe

If he is on the up and up, then the next issue will be pricing, and availability.....
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
thedeeman

Hey guys. It's semi-official. Horizon/Hangar 9 are pretty much done with their large size electric retracts and they are being tested. I read and saw a post from them in the pattern section regarding them. They look pretty good (all aluminum). The're mated to an upcoming pattern plane (Phoenix) they are realeasing in a few months. I thought I kept the link but I can't find it right now. When I do I will post it. But I think our problems have been solved. So far pricing looks like it will be in the $150 - $180 range for them (this was what was in the post regarding a trike setup). They look pretty good!!!!

As usual you can expect the typical Horizon customer service and support (which is always the best)!!! So if we can all wait a few months I think there will be no need for us to go any further and the Lados we have will make it onto ebay. I think I sell a few of my sets now since the planes they are in won't see the field for at least another few months.

Woooooo hoooooooo!! A major manufacturer heard us!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

is this the one, you posted http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91...tm.htm#9127034 im wanting more info myself
this might be a better link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9498178
Old 02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
thedeeman

Yes. These are the ones. I guess life will be easy for us guys who want electrics in a few months. No need to airmail or wait for parts.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
rgm762

AMEN to that
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
JRMS

I received a pm from Lado. Jeremy introduced himself as the new General Manager of Lado. They have an update on their web site.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's also some information on getting parts and repairs,done as well,hopefully Doug can start doing what he does which is design and get some people who can work on the retail aspect, a obvious short coming of his.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
TOMAPOWA

ORIGINAL: bigtim

there's also some information on getting parts and repairs,done as well,hopefully Doug can start doing what he does which is design and get some people who can work on the retail aspect, a obvious short coming of his.
I'm confused... (as I'm sure others are too...)
From Lado's website... "As always, manufacturing will stay in the United States, Doug the development engineer; will stay a valuable part of the Lado Team, ensuring your access to cutting edge technology"

1. Who is going to be CNC'ing the parts?
2) Who is going to be assembling the retracts?
3) Who in the US will be selling the retracts?
4) When are retracts going to be available for sale again?
5) What's up with this "Lado by E-Retract" French connection? (no mention on website)

And most importantly, When is Doug going to respond to ppl that are still owned retracts they paid for months ago?
Why is there no mention of this on the website? Seems like a lot of posturing/planning but NO action....
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
GAP-RCU

Though the guys with a dog in this fight have not been amused (don't blame 'em)... it sure is interesting for the rest of us to see how it's playing out:

As Horizon gets closer and closer.... a surge of activity from Lado....

Free market fun!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
rgm762

yea, feel for the guys waiting for money/retracts and hope they get taken care of, but now the race is on, step up and place your bets, its Horizion vs Lado, who's retract will hit the market first ?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
chalmrast

I asked Horizon about the .60 retracts on their Facebook page... please see their responses..... kind of weird huh?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52143.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1380662  
Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Mikev

OK I also talked to Doug today and if you go to his web site Lado-Tech.com there is the latest info posted by Jeremy about the co. Doug also explained the situation. Three more weeks and things should be taken care of as far as backorders and repairs.
He has had his share of illness in the past months so now with Jeremy helping out everything should settle down. Cant run a family business with three people and the volumn he was trying to deal with.
MikeV
Old 02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
show871

I am happy to post that christophe, and Jeremy @ lado went out of there way to get my situation resolved finally! Lado is truly making strides to be on top of there game, and make changes for the better!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Larry3215
My Feedback: (2)

Im curious and Im sure others are as well - what exactly did they do?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
thedeeman

I think Horizon's going to win this race:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...tm.htm#9515138

I applaud that Christpohe is trying to make the Lado issues right but it might be a little too late. Horizon seeing an opportunity in the market (because they communicate and listen to their customers) has taking the stick and ran with it. I mentioned to some other friends (who are also businesness owners like myself) and we all agreed that the only company who could pull this off would be Horizon for several reasons (you can find the responses earlier in this top and the other lado topics). Horizon has no stake in the high end retract market like other manufacturers. Robart (along with Century and Sierra) have made a big investment in the air retract market and introducing an electric retract would directly diminish their current customer/market base. It's kind of like why Poloroid had to give up their instant camera line when they started licensing digital cameras - one directly competes and makes the other obsolete. This is not to say that Robart and others shouldn't move in this direction, but you have to ask, with all the air retract products sitting on the shelves as active inventory, what do you do with them if even selling them at a reduced price wouldn't recoup the cost of manufacturing. Horizon (hangar 9 and eflite) since they don't really manufacture retracts (check their site and you'll see that the high end stuff is robart), only had the cost to tool up (which in the current financial market) is much cheaper than it's ever been. A company that has already invested in tooling and a product line that will still need parts to maintain is harder to switch over.

But I am thankful for the competition going on this area. It has definately made a win for all of us consumers!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.