Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Easytiger GS warbirds quality?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Easytiger GS warbirds quality?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easytiger GS warbirds quality?

I'm seeing the line of Easytiger warbirds of P47, BF109, FW190, F8 for $995 each.
Wondering if these fly like Ziroli's since they're the same size.
And what about quality of these ARF's? Are they well built with regards to construction techniques and material used.
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to look like Ziroli scale warbirds.
Please share your experience for those that have taken the plunge.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Easytiger GS warbirds quality?

Those that have the Bearcat seem to like how it flies just fine, although the wheel wells are too small and the supplied tires dont look right size wise.
Build quality seems decent enough.
Ive seen several of the FW-190's fly(on youtube).
The ME-109 looks decent also, but there are things that need to be altered to fit the model variation its supposed to represent. The wing has a flap setup of an ME-109 E, but the plane is supposed to be an ME-109 F which has 4 piece flaps with the inner most on each wing being split flaps and the top portion above that being functional radiator/oil cooler vents.
The plane could be modified without a huge amount of work....so its nothing that cant be addressed if someone wanted to make the plane scale.

ALL of the Eeastiger 95" planes are supposed to be rather light wingloading and fly pretty well from what ive heard.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Stuka Jon N
My Feedback: (33)

I purchased there red and white Cessna L-19. It literally fell apart in the air on its maiden flite. The remains were given to a very good builder. He rebuilt and re-enforced it. On its second maiden flite the syabiliizer broke off on each side of the fuse. This Easy Tiger never compleated a complete lap of our flying site on 2 attempts. Do a search here on RC Universe. Red and White Cessna. Stuka Jon
Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM
kahloq

stay away from the cessna then. Ove not heard any reports like that on the Bearcat , FW-190, or the others ones....but theres not many posts about these planes either
Old 05-03-2010, 01:01 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Report on the rudder coming apart on the Bearcat here on RCU
Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 AM
kmtranmd

Seems that very few people have bought these, for the price they're asking and quality being not consistent.
I'll stay on the sidelines for now.
Thanks for the input.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM
royce322

ORIGINAL: Stuka Jon N

I purchased there red and white Cessna L-19. It literally fell apart in the air on its maiden flite. The remains were given to a very good builder. He rebuilt and re-enforced it. On its second maiden flite the syabiliizer broke off on each side of the fuse. This Easy Tiger never compleated a complete lap of our flying site on 2 attempts. Do a search here on RC Universe. Red and White Cessna. Stuka Jon
Ihave the EasytigerStorch.

It's a good model.

A guy at my field has the Cessna Bird Dog.

It has not fallen apart.

Idon't beleive your story.

There is antother thread where a guy was trying to tell that the Easytigers Storch was junk and did not fly because the slats were wrong.

The problem with the story is the Easytiger Storch does not even have slats.

I think people are making up stories because they like to gossip and they like to hear themselves talk.

It's very sad.

Ihave seen some of the bigger warbirds up close and they look very nice.

Ido not own one yet, but Iam looking at getting eitehr the P47, or the Bearcat, or the Fock Wolfe.

Iam not sure which one yet.

I think sometimes you need to stick up for what is right, and Ithink what goes on on these threads is not right.

It's trash talk.

Eash time they come out with a new plane, Isearch on google for threads about it, and each time Isee people talking trash, but it's usually a freind of a freind who heard a story from another guys barber.

Its what the AMA called Bottom Feeders.

I've seen the Cessna Bird Dog fly, it did not fall apart, and in the video on the Easytiger website, they loop and roll it and fly it hard, and it does not just fall apart.

So I don't beleive your story.

I looked at your posts.

Each of your posts on this forum are just about this, bashing Easytiger.

I wonder what really is going on here, and Idon't beleive your story.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: royce322

ORIGINAL: Stuka Jon N

I have the Easytiger Storch.

It's a good model.

A guy at my field has the Cessna Bird Dog.

It has not fallen apart.

I don't beleive your story.

There is antother thread where a guy was trying to tell that the Easytigers Storch was junk and did not fly because the slats were wrong.

The problem with the story is the Easytiger Storch does not even have slats.

I think people are making up stories because they like to gossip and they like to hear themselves talk.

It's very sad.

I have seen some of the bigger warbirds up close and they look very nice.

I do not own one yet, but I am looking at getting eitehr the P47, or the Bearcat, or the Fock Wolfe.

I am not sure which one yet.

I think sometimes you need to stick up for what is right, and I think what goes on on these threads is not right.

It's trash talk.

Eash time they come out with a new plane, I search on google for threads about it, and each time I see people talking trash, but it's usually a freind of a freind who heard a story from another guys barber.

I've seen the Cessna Bird Dog fly, it did not fall apart, and in the video on the Easytiger website, they loop and roll it and fly it hard, and it does not just fall apart.

So I don't beleive your story.

I looked at your posts.

Each of your posts on this forum are just about this, bashing Easytiger.

I wonder what really is going on here, and I don't beleive your story.

Wow 6 posts and all of them defending Easytiger, Must be the Easytiger Police. Calm down there Royce, your ganna blow up your keyboard.[8D]
Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 PM
royce322

Its very sad to read.

Its every thread on Easytigers.

Always bashing from people who don't own them.

But Inever spoke up until Isaw the one about the Storch.

Then I realized that people were just making up stories.

The person said the plane was junk, that it flew badly, and you should get your money back, because the slats were wrong.

I own that plane, and it does not even have any slats.

So it just made me realize that something is going on here, that this company is not getting treated fairly.

Ihave bought two planes, and Ihave no complaints about the planes or the service.

Ijust think people should think before they post more trash.

Your post is more of what I am talking about, its not really helpful.

I'm not part of the crowd here, and thats OK, I think you guys should be a little more recepting to both new companies and new people, your post does not make me feel welcome, my opinions and views are not worth less than yours and should not be dismissed as a joke like you did.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Ranting and raving is FUNNY and so are you. Welcome to RCU. I see you'll make lots of friend. Sorry dude.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

In the very first sentence the man says " I purchased there red and white cesna " so he has personal experience with it , as maybe you do as well ..... still doesn't make either one of you right or wrong , So by stating you personal experience is what these threads and forums are suppose to be all about.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

You should probably look up the history on that. I think you have made an incorrect connection.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
jmohn

I have the ETM Avenger and it's fine, but not a fighter

Flys like a big bomber. Landings are fun as it likes to nose over. Still it's not a bad looking plane in the air and has been pretty good. Lots of off set on one wing as it's a little warped. For what I paid it's fine. More like the CMP planes than the KMP planes.

I still have it sitting on a shelve. I scavenged all the parts for other planes, but may put her back in the air someday if I run out of planes

Jeff
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its very sad to read.

Its every thread on Easytigers.

Always bashing from people who don't own them.

But I never spoke up until I saw the one about the Storch.

Then I realized that people were just making up stories.

The person said the plane was junk, that it flew badly, and you should get your money back, because the slats were wrong.

I own that plane, and it does not even have any slats.

So it just made me realize that something is going on here, that this company is not getting treated fairly.

I have bought two planes, and I have no complaints about the planes or the service.

I just think people should think before they post more trash.

Your post is more of what I am talking about, its not really helpful.

I'm not part of the crowd here, and thats OK, I think you guys should be a little more recepting to both new companies and new people, your post does not make me feel welcome, my opinions and views are not worth less than yours and should not be dismissed as a joke like you did.

Wow Royce! You have 11 posts on RCU and ALL of them were made on ONE day and ALL of them were in regards to Easy Tiger Models?

IS THIS REALLY A COINCIDENCE???

you are trying to discredit people that have had a bad experience with ET, but it seems that YOU are the one with an agenda!!!

Regards,

astrohog

Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
kmtranmd

Let's keep it objective for now, guys.
It's true most of us here on the forums are interested in reading about "personal experiences" with a particular product.
It really does not help much to talk about something you've seen at the field or at a distance.
Only by putting one together yourself, can you vouche about the quality of the contruction or any issues thereof.
Any time a new product line comes on, we want to see consistency in quality. This means that if there is quality control for a product line, there should be >90% customer satisfaction and not 50:50. A good example is Pilot RC new kid on the block. What I was interested in reading about is whether EasyTiger is another Pilot RC, or another ESM type of distributor?
Please keep it objective.
Thanks,
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 PM
vallawyer

I am exceptionally pleased with my Easytiger Focke Wulf 190.
I fly it with electric power using their motor, it's the first really big electric Ihave had, and it works jusst as advertised.
The quality of construction far far exceeds the KMP (Now called ESM) planes Ihave had, but the paint on the KMPplanes is better.
The Focke Wulf 190 is much larger than any of the KMPplanes Ihave seen, a very different animal.
The quality if the landing gear is much better, too.
Ihave talked to the owner of Easytigers several times, he is a very nice guy, and it surely seems like he has complete control over the factory or factories, he asked me many months ago what Ithought he should build, and Isaid "P47 Thunderbolt" and it appeared recently.
Ijust bought a P-47 tonight, because they are having a big sale, it was $850.
The only customer service Ihave needed isIdropped the canopy for the Focke Wulf and cracked it, Icould still fly with it, but wanted a new one. They got one for me in about ten days as promised, and did not charge me for it, which was nice.

I'm a happy customer, happy enough to buy a second plane, and I am happy with what I got for the money.
Ihave built large balsa warbirds before, but its not much fun to me these days, I have paid builders a lot of money to build up Ziroli planes and such and sometimes gotten lesser results than the Easytiger planes, and for a lot more money.

Is my Focke Wulf going to win Top Gun Scale? Probably not, but it looks nice enough, and flies very sweetly, and Ziroli planes are not perfect scale, either, things get change to make them fly well.

There are one or two fellows in my area who have other Easytiger planes, but they are smaller ones, Ido not know anybody else who has one of the giant warbirds who can speak for them.
Ihave a friend who is probably going to get the Cessna 310, which looks very nice, if he can get it past his wife while the sale is on.

That's my experience, YMMV!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Easytiger Bearcat (95" span) The main problem I found with the plane was its weak support for the landing gear. My landing gear actually broke out of the plane on its first landing. This was a fairly easy repair. The plane does fly very well and can be landed at a very slow speed with flaps deployed. Good small size plane that takes very little time to assemble at the field, and it is fun to fly.

As far as customer service is concerned, Curtis at Easytiger was very quick in getting replacement parts I needed to complete my model. If there was another plane from ET that was of interest to me, I would not hesitate to order it.[8D]
Old 06-09-2010, 08:51 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

I have the Easytiger Bearcat. The main problem I found with the plane was its weak support for the landing gear. My landing gear actually broke out of the plane on it first landing. This was a fairly easy repair. The plane does fly very well and can be landed at a very slow speed with flaps deployed. Good small size plane that takes very little time to assemble at the field, and it is fun to fly.

As far as customer service is concerned, Curtis at Easytiger was very quick in getting replacement parts I needed to complete my model. If there was another plane from ET that interest me, I would not hesitate to order it.[8D]
If you consider that a small plane, Id like to see what you consider large! I put thinned epoxy all over my landing gear mounts on the Focke Wolfe, I do it on all my planes as a matter of course, and I have had no problems. On some other planes, I put in triangle stock also.
Iagree with you about the landings, it is maybe the easiest warbird to land Ihave ever had. Very light.
I think part of what makes it fun to fly is Idon't have a lot of time or money into it, I have had a lot more money into Ziroli planes and stuff, and I worry more when I fly them.
There was another plane that interested me! The P47! I had asked them on the phone months ago when Ineeded a canopy for the Focke Wolfe if they could make a P47, and they did!
So Ijust bought it. $850 on sale for fathers day, I could not resist.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

does anyone have any personal experience with the zero ? at 995.00 price tag what makes it so special ? it doesn't look any different from most other offerings, it resembles the TBM zero at least it does to me, still what sets it apart from all the rest at almost a thousand dollars plus another three hundred for retracts ? can someone shed some light on this for me ?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deleted

Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 AM
HVCorsair

Hello Vallawyer how are you going to put the batteries in the P47 is there a hatch? And can you get different paint schemes? What about the retracts are they very strudy. I would like to see pictures the web site does not give much info.

THanks
Mike
Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 PM
HVCorsair

Hey now, can anyone post some real details on this plane I asked some basic questions someone has to have one and can post some pics. PLEASE!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
HVCorsair

Any interest
Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: HVCorsair

Hello Vallawyer how are you going to put the batteries in the P47 is there a hatch? And can you get different paint schemes? What about the retracts are they very strudy. I would like to see pictures the web site does not give much info.

THanks
Mike
I did receive the P-47, and Iam very happy with it.
There is a big hatch, the canopy and part of the fuselage come off and there is tons of access for batteries. The hatch is held on by two bolts, Imay put on a hatch latch inteead.
There were two different paint schemes, I got the Rabbit one with red stripes on the tail. The paint is nicely done. The retracts are very nice. Iam very happy! Iwill take some pictures and post them on the weekend when Ihave time, Ineed some time and space to remove all the packaging and put the plane together for photos.

I am not sure if Iwill go electric, probably yes, its just as easy to do gas or electric, and the stuff is in there for both.
Iwas very happy with the way the electric Focke Wolfe worked out. If Iorder the complete electric package from Easy Tigers Iwill have two sets of batteries, I probably will only fly one plane each day, fitting both into the car will be tough, but I can use two sets of batteries and use them on one plane at a time.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
vallawyer

I do not know anything about the Zero, I have not seen it, sorry.  If it is anything like the Focke Wolfe or P-47, you will be really happy.
I have not seen the TBM one, I can't say anything about that one either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.