Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Electric Retracts from Down and Locked

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Electric Retracts from Down and Locked

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Retracts from Down and Locked

Hi All,

Here are my Sierra retracts electrified via Down and Locked. These are the mains for the ASM B-17 w/10 ft wingspan. The wheels are 4.5" with a 1 second delay. (Sierra Tail wheel was also converted).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTaWoyo-Ek[/youtube]

I'm a very happy customer and have also gotten my Sierra rotating retracts electrified for my ESM Corsair 74.5" wingspan. I have Sierra retracts for anything which is Giant scale (at least 80"). And I plan on converting all the rest of my Sierras with Down and Locked.

All my other planes which have retracts, I have Lados, Eflite and robart pneumatics. Yes, I am one of those with the few original Lados as well as the French Lados. The French Lados which are rotating retracts have a considerable wobble and I probably won't purchase another pair. I have yet to test the Eflite retracts.

Bob I.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
mobyal

Bob
I've had the Robart retracts for my H9 B-25 and Top Flite Staggerwing converted by Down and Locked and both work just great.
I also have Eflite retracts on my H9 Corsair 50, PZ P-47 and PZ Spitfire. They work great as well, but the heaviest of them is of couse the Corsair, which weighs in at 7lbs 4oz RTF (it's electric). I'm not sure how the larger Eflites'll hold up, but so far so good.
Four of us at RVRC have the new H9 P-47 on order and each of us is going w/ the electric Robart gear, three w/ fixed tailwheel and one w/ the retract as well. And as you know, Down and Locked is handling all Robart electric gear.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:34 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need HelpInstalled the Down and Locked mains into the center wing section and tested the mains and tail wheel about a month back with no servos attached and all went well.
Just now installed tail wheel into plane, mounted center section and tested the system in the plane which is a TBM Zero with JR 2.4 that has been rock solid. Never expected a problem but all servos had extreme flutter then drove hard to end of travel when gear was cycling. Once cycle is complete the servo control is restored. Unhooked long lead to tail unit thinking long lead may be issue but nothing changed. Will call Down and Locked tomorrow but interested if any one else has had this problem and knows how to solve problem. Will post solution to problem when resolved.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: dmyers0403

Need HelpInstalled the Down and Locked mains into the center wing section and tested the mains and tail wheel about a month back with no servos attached and all went well.
Just now installed tail wheel into plane, mounted center section and tested the system in the plane which is a TBM Zero with JR 2.4 that has been rock solid. Never expected a problem but all servos had extreme flutter then drove hard to end of travel when gear was cycling. Once cycle is complete the servo control is restored. Unhooked long lead to tail unit thinking long lead may be issue but nothing changed. Will call Down and Locked tomorrow but interested if any one else has had this problem and knows how to solve problem. Will post solution to problem when resolved.
What servos are you using?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HITEC 645MG
Spoke with Mike at Down & Locked today (3/2/12) and they know what the cause is and will make the needed fix. Very prompt, professional and friendly servicecould not ask for better.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:25 AM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mobyal

Bob
I've had the Robart retracts for my H9 B-25 and Top Flite Staggerwing converted by Down and Locked and both work just great.
I also have Eflite retracts on my H9 Corsair 50, PZ P-47 and PZ Spitfire. They work great as well, but the heaviest of them is of couse the Corsair, which weighs in at 7lbs 4oz RTF (it's electric). I'm not sure how the larger Eflites'll hold up, but so far so good.
Four of us at RVRC have the new H9 P-47 on order and each of us is going w/ the electric Robart gear, three w/ fixed tailwheel and one w/ the retract as well. And as you know, Down and Locked is handling all Robart electric gear.
Have you seen this on Horizon? http://www.hangar-9.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=2349
John Redman will be doing a complete build of the new Thunderbolt including installing the new Robart electrics as well as weathering it

Bob I.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: NUMB LOCK

ORIGINAL: mobyal

Bob
Have you seen this on Horizon? http://www.hangar-9.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=2349
John Redman will be doing a complete build of the new Thunderbolt including installing the new Robart electrics as well as weathering it

Bob I.
Do you all know who is doing the electric parts for Robart? YES, DOWN & LOCKED!!!!!!!