RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10576473-carf-f4u-1-corsair-build-thread.html)

ram3500-RCU 05-05-2012 01:08 PM

RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

ORIGINAL: Dwhart24

Thanks guys! Gary, I'll email you the high res photo.
Thanks Dave. You da man!!!!:D

ram3500-RCU 05-05-2012 01:19 PM

Well guys, we have a shot. Static was I think 93.3, but Dino posted a 96.75 on the second flight. The first was a throw away. Had to abort due to a couple problems. A twitch in the controls that flipped the plane inverted on the down wind (a flap wire was chaffing on the wing fold arm inside the port wing, causing the outboard port flap to deploy acting like an aileron), and then the port steering wire to the tail wheel came loose. Both problems were masterfully handled by Dino, but he decided to abort the flight. Got a score of 66 or so on what he completed. Mostly 10s and high 9s, a real shame. That will be the throw away.

The second flight was mechanically flawless.

pappy 883 05-05-2012 04:28 PM

Sorry to hear about the flap malfunction, that had to be scary. Glad its still in one piece. Hope tommorrow goes well.
Best of luck.

JackL 05-05-2012 05:15 PM

You guys are doing a great job,thanks for taking us along for the ride! You have really inspired me in my Comp-Arf Corsair build! Good luck!

ram3500-RCU 05-05-2012 07:24 PM

Thanks guys. Dino got a 10 on realism from both judges on his last flight. She really does look great in the air, as we knew she would.

pappy 883 05-06-2012 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Thanks guys. Dino got a 10 on realism from both judges on his last flight. She really does look great in the air, as we knew she would.
A 10.0 for realism @ TopGun from BOTH judges.... Are you kidding me ? That's what it's all about .
No matter what the final score's are Team Vought should be very proud indeed. We are all thankful for the incredible work you guys have done , and thankful to you for sharing it with us ..........joe

wayne d 05-06-2012 03:08 PM

It is an award winner.
Top Gun 2012 is in the books.

panhandler 05-06-2012 03:25 PM

Thank you for the update Wayne .
CONGRATS goes out to team Vought !!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/thumbup.gif

John Taylor 05-06-2012 03:40 PM

Congrats to Team Vought. :D JohnBoy

ram3500-RCU 05-06-2012 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go guys. Team Vought and our plane. 2nd place trophy and some cash. Thank you Top Gun and Frank Tiano for a wonderful week. More in a little bit.:D

panhandler 05-06-2012 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Here you go guys. Team Vought and our plane. 2nd place trophy and some cash. Thank you Top Gun and Frank Tiano for a wonderful week. More in a little bit.:D
Outsatanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simply outstanding ,, congrats.

walexan1 05-06-2012 04:58 PM

nice job team!

saramos 05-06-2012 08:22 PM

Congratulations to all of you on a masterful job!

Scott Ramos

glazier808 05-06-2012 08:33 PM

Thats awsome Gary!

Congrats sir!

Casey

DGUY 05-06-2012 09:53 PM

Congratulations to the crew of this project. I have followed this project from the beginning. It is inspiring to say the least.

ram3500-RCU 05-07-2012 03:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More.

ram3500-RCU 05-07-2012 04:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple cool dudes during static judging.

wayne d 05-07-2012 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a few That I took. Congrats to the whole team on the victory. I was also given permission to use another persons pictures that he gave me on a big mistake from the flight line crew.
On the third round Dino was scoring 10's on the flight, also in the air was a 1/4 scale Hawk. I'm guessing that both the hawk and Dino called for landing and both were given permission to land. Because of the sun shades the judges were using it was almost impossible to see the final turn to landing. So guess what..........The hawk was turning final and lined up with the runway as Dino is completing his second 180 degree turn to final. The Hawk comes over the threshold with Dino hot on his tail. Dino finally spots (It was in everybody's blind spot) the hawk and yells to the judges and flight line crew that he is deviating from the runway. As masterfully as he could Dino slips a little rudder in and settles on the runway right beside the hawk.
To say it was close would be an understatement.
Just to tell you how crazy all of this was, it happened again on the fourth round. Although it was caught early and Dino orbited a few times and landed

Dwhart24 05-07-2012 04:52 AM

Congrats Team Vought! It was great to see all you guys and gal there. I can't wait to go through my photos and share some with you. Big Hog sure does make for some great photos. :D

luckyb 05-07-2012 06:05 AM

Congrats from Meisterland.....glad everything worked out after a harrowing weekend. Knew you guys could do it. I mean.......you've done this before, right?...............Doug

Icemanjr92 05-07-2012 06:48 AM

I am sorry I have not had time to reply to all the comments posted on the thread. Thank you to all of you who have been watching the progress on how this all came together. Also thank you for the great personal remarks as well. Its greatly appreciated!
Dom, Gary, Brian, Wayne, John and my girl Kim really made the "Team" I cant thank them enough. The odds were against us from the beginning. The first time I ever saw Big Hog had been on Monday night in the hotel room. The first flight had been on Tuesday. We had some major bumps that would have prevented us from finishing the competition but I am very glad that we worked through them.
David Hays's team did a great job with their model resulting in a 97+ static. I might add that David had some very good flight scores as well locking them in 1st place. Our static came to a 93+ and my flight scores were just not high enough to catch up. I am VERY satisfied with our team's efforts to get us on the top. They all did their jobs more than I could ever expect or ask for. Thanks guys, you are all FIRST CLASS!
Big Hog, thanks for the experience.

Fly2XS 05-07-2012 07:01 AM

Congratulations Dino on the most excellent flights!
Will we have to buy a Top Gun Video to see more of Big Hog flying at Top Gun?

Well Done Team Vought!

Mustangman40 05-07-2012 07:31 AM

Congrats to you all and thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us, most competitors are hush hush, but not you guys.. You laid it all on the table for us to follow, that alone should get you extra points...http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif

Jimbo

Icemanjr92 05-07-2012 07:54 AM

I am not sure about the video this year as Propwash and SKS did not interview us after Static.
Thought that was a little strange after all the press that it received. I figured that with all the features it would add to their collection but as far as I know it wont be on the tape.

wayne d 05-08-2012 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the scores for unlimited.
The difference between 1st and 2nd..............1.157 points
so close.
Dinos flight score were much higher but it was lost in static.
none the less a great showing.
Congrats guys.