RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10880219-spitfire-brotherhood-all-spitfires-welcome.html)

Super_Chief 12-29-2011 06:32 PM

RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

1 Attachment(s)
World Model
sign me up

tfarmer96 12-29-2011 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: funfly-RCU

Im in, Here is my mick Reeves 1/4 scale.
Wow fun fly that is outstanding!

DaddySam 12-29-2011 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: FireBee

Here are pics of my Pica 88'' American spit under improvements. Cowl upgrade, not shown, is from Richard Rawle in England.

I used Richard's cowl on mine too. A great improvement! Nice looking plane!

verbails 12-29-2011 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there

Yes please count me in. This is my ESM Spitfire DLE 55 a VQ cockpit a dozen or so flights I just love it. A little over 28lbs 4.4lbs ballast still flys great.
Oh and there is a H9 in the garage and a Hyperion electric and a GWS. It is like an illness!!!

Chris

FireBee 12-29-2011 08:42 PM

DaddySam, if yours was in AMA or maybe some magazine a few years ago, well I'm just following as a wingman. It really looks so much more scale.

DaddySam 12-29-2011 09:02 PM

Firebee, mine was in Model Aviation (the AMA mag) and RC Report. Still visible on Shindin's and WBC web sites. I'm really looking forward to seeing some more pix and a flight report from you. Brings back the memories!
Sam

fytrjok 12-29-2011 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my wife's Yellow Spit. I finished her this past fall and what a great flyer! Power is from a DLE55. By the way, her handle(my wife) is cocoug. She hasn't flown it yet but is working her way up to it. Here's some shots and a link to the maiden on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCP4HkgO2IY

Brad330l 12-30-2011 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

ORIGINAL: funfly-RCU

Im in, Here is my mick Reeves 1/4 scale.
Wow fun fly that is outstanding!
Yes funfly that is truly a beauty, I think we need more details or a link or something.
There are already some great Spittys here and I am going to enjoy this thread immensely looking at all the others to come.
Here is my offering for now, my Yellow Aircraft Mk XIV converted to a bubble canopy version with full span 'E' wing.

Build thread here. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7644110/tm.htm

Cheers,

Brad

Idigbo 12-30-2011 02:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't you just love the Spitfire shape. Must be one of the most beautiful shapes to grace the skies. Heres mine, Brian Taylor MkXIX in the PR XIX prototype colours. Mick Reeves f/g fuselage 1/4 scaler, marked AC-S and a new Mick Reeves wooden 1/4 scaler, to be finished as a MkI or probably the first (proper) Spitfire prototype K5054.

Ian.

barron 12-30-2011 07:22 AM

Great birds guys. I have a Yellow Spit in the construction phase now so count me in on this group[sm=49_49.gif]

Jetjockey_3 12-30-2011 07:24 AM

Count me in! The Spit is why I love warbirds. As a child in the UK it was my first love.

Dave Platt 88" Mk XII - RIP - elevator servo arm broke in flight
Dave Platt - Short kit - not sure I will build
CJM Spit converted to FR XIV with clipped wings - under construction.

FireBee 12-30-2011 07:31 AM

J R, your fiberglass work is amazing.
The molds and detail you have is a whole nother level we all strive for.

FireBee 12-30-2011 07:40 AM

Fytrjok,

I have loved the Pink Spifires ever since I learned why. They matched the cloud colors on clear mornings or late evening as opposed to the PRU Blu. I had had often considerd one in pink and after seeing your work, you make it so compelling. You have just the right amount of weathering and it must show up great in the air with the invasion stripes.

Idigbo,
your third picture capture the Blue PRU and cluds the same way. Now that is motivation! nice birds.

On weekend mornings I hit my hot tub early with my coffee/Baileys. Whenever the sun comes up and the pink clouds appear, I always think about the PRU Spits. Then off to the workshop.

thanks for posting.

R, Mike P.

davidhand 12-30-2011 08:48 AM

I am just starting a 1/6 scale (72" WS) spit. I am building from scratch using some drawings of an actual Mk I spit I got from a guy in N.Z. I plan on finishing it per the K 5054 prototype. I have a DLE 30 I intend using but I may change my mind as the build progresses. I am building as close to exact scale as I possibly can, does anyone see any problem with this as I notice a lot of "scale" spits have the moment arm and tailplane area increased.

JGrc 12-30-2011 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing like a B.Taylor SPit, my first was a Mk XIX and I was hooked, then a 83" Mk VII conversion. Great flying airplane..
JG

Tony Iannucelli 12-30-2011 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the maiden in yesterday, and two others. OS914S, electric retracts, Robart struts, H9.... but mine has invasion stripes. Nice flying scale aircraft. My first Spitfire. They say you always remember your first time, and they are right. The first flight was literally perfect. The third, not so much... the wind shifted 180... came in too fast with a tailwind. Ego damaged, two gear stubs, nothing else. This is a nice plane. The sepia is a photo shop job of an H9 picture. The full scale was taken at Fantasy of Flight in Florida. Tony

jet22b 12-30-2011 10:30 AM

funfly-RCU,
I agree with everyone else. You did a outstanding job on your Spitfire!!! I know she fly like a dream too!! If you do have a video of it flying, I would love to see it. Again, great job and thanks for sharing!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b

Rotten40851 12-30-2011 11:02 AM

I have a H9 Spit with a Saito 91 4 stroker in it andOleo strut retracts, what a great airplane!!! I'll have to take some pics

triumphman49 12-30-2011 02:57 PM

Hey all, Happy New Year !!!

What a great bevy of spits shown on this tread so far. Like to join the brotherhood, I've just got an old Dynafite Fun Scale 80" that's still in the box. Am really looking forward to the build & flights down the road tho.

Mike Brennan aka
T-man49 in Alabama
Club Saito #723

funfly-RCU 12-30-2011 03:11 PM

Yeah, Lets add some details or a link or something. Ill start.

My 1/4 Scale Mick Reeves Spitfire

35lbs all built up
3W80XI CS Xoar 26X10 at 6600
Mick Reeves landing gear
Hitec 645 all over
Latex paint from clark ind

rtigg 12-30-2011 04:41 PM

Hey sign me up. I have a pica spitfire with a 88" wing and a g38 under the hood. Another kit of same ready to build.
Randy teague

WARBIRDRCER 12-30-2011 06:02 PM

Thanks for sharing your Spitfires with us. We now have our first 21 squadron members of the Spitfire Brotherhood.

If you want a number please request one and I will add your information to the roster.

1. Warbirdrcer
2. tfarmer96
3. KP
4. Helijet
5. Brad3301
6. MajorTomski
7. Daddysam
8. FireBee
9. denoferth
10. Landeck
11. jcpenney
12. jet22b
13. funfly-RCU
14. flyingpiggy
15. glazier808
16. Super Chief
17. verbails
18. jetjockey 3
19. triumphman49
20. Trent Smith
21. rtigg

funfly-RCU 12-30-2011 06:25 PM

Thats great, forgot to add the two clark ind 1/4 spitfires i have to build. mk5 and mk9

Saito18 12-30-2011 06:43 PM

Count me in!

H9 Spitfire 60 with Saito 115

Warbirdguy 12-30-2011 07:15 PM

Sign me up. Have a CJM Spitfire that is undergoing a new paint job and repowering with G62. Should have it ready to go by spring. Will post pics when I can.

Warbirdguy