RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   Lado retracts, do the really exist? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/8425919-lado-retracts-do-really-exist.html)

Dick T. 07-09-2010 11:25 AM

RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Great post Shane, well said.

Thank you for defining "inherited liability".

The folks now manufacturing and distributing these retracts need to heed the marketplace rumblings. The continued negative issues may not affect the sales outside the U.S. but they have and will here. That can be changed, but will it be?

dhal22 07-09-2010 07:11 PM

i don't think the lado retracts, or any electric retracts, were referred to as terrible. it was the service, deception, delays, lies and general terrible service that got the affected rc community members up in arms.

bigtim 07-09-2010 08:44 PM

magnum has them in stock now

Joespeeder 07-09-2010 09:33 PM

Thanks bigtim !!!

I just ordered a set of Narrow 85 degree units for my VQ Yak-1 !!!!

Cool.

Joe

www.thecaterhamproject.com

christophe31 07-10-2010 02:18 AM

Hi guy's,
Woaouuhhh!!! we 'are star now!!!! ( i'm joking ...:D )
i don't understand why since my last post rcu didn't send me the link of the reply.. but nevermind, don't worry i'm not hurt by the frenchie's or the froggie's

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_frog_le...72otmb_400.jpg

( i love frog legs!!!! hum !!!)

and don't see any racism in your reply; what Gus saying it's, i think, to don't misunderstood between us and Doug.
We have never cut the communication ( by this thread or by mail) like Doug does many and many times, i'm very concerned by all my customer : present, future and past ( even if they didn't have bought any product by me).If we didn't do anything yet for the old customer it's because in the initial deal, it was Doug responsability( maybe it was an error we should have thinking to do it ourselve in the deal), but obviously i don't see how he can do that now.
( did someone go to see him in live ?)
so, after this , we should find a solution about this and we thinking about that now.

About that, can you all send me an email at: [email protected] with title Doug Filled order with the details order by this way we can count how many they are.

as you note the cost as increase, not to have more profit but now all retracts was made by CNC profesionnal shop( i haven't change the picture of the Hass Doug cnc yet, but i'm a newbe in webmaster work) you can found pictures of the new factory ( and the new 999!!!) in our facebook link, and this high level production have increase the cost of the retract , but now we can offer quantity and always hand made quality.

Remenber i'm a modeler like you, so i'll treat you like i wanted to be.

We can work on any particular design, or any particular asking so don't hesitate to ask us.
We work on many things in the same time, and we prepare you many Big Surprises[sm=wink_smile.gif], you'll see them before the end of this year!!
And YES, Gus are in stock, like us, and for now many years i hope....

fearless fly 07-10-2010 02:29 AM

ORIGINAL: christophe31

Hi guy's,
Woaouuhhh!!! we 'are star now!!!! ( i'm joking ...:D )
i don't understand why since my last post rcu didn't send me the link of the reply.. but nevermind, don't worry i'm not hurt by the frenchie's or the froggie's ( i love frog legs!!!! hum !!!) and don't see any racism in your reply; what Gus saying it's, i think, to don't misunderstood between us and Doug.
We have never cut the communication ( by this thread or by mail) like Doug does many and many times, i'm very concerned by all my customer : present, future and past ( even if they didn't have bought any product by me).If we didn't do anything yet for the old customer it's because in the initial deal, it was Doug responsability( maybe it was an error we should have thinking to do it ourselve in the deal), but obviously i don't see how he can do that now.
so, after this , we should find a solution about this and we thinking about that now.

About that, can you all send me an email at: [email protected] with title Doug Filled order with the details order by this way we can count how many they are.

as you note the cost as increase, not to have more profit but now all retracts was made by CNC profesionnal shop( i haven't change the picture of the Hass Doug cnc yet, but i'm a newbe in webmaster work) you can found pictures of the new factory ( and the new 999!!!) in our facebook link, and this high level production have increase the cost of the retract , but now we can offer quantity and always hand made quality.

Remenber i'm a modeler like you, so i'll treat you like i wanted to be.

We can work on any particular design, or any particular asking so don't hesitate to ask us.
We work on many things in the same time, and we prepare you many Big Surprises[sm=wink_smile.gif], you'll see them before the end of this year!!
And YES, Gus are in stock, like us, and for now many years i hope....

I reckon that just about says it all!!

christophe31 07-10-2010 02:41 AM

now got the reply .... don't understand ....

fearless fly 07-10-2010 02:47 AM

Hi Christophe,my post means that you have answered all the questions asked here lately.

christophe31 07-10-2010 03:19 AM

ORIGINAL: fearless fly

Hi Christophe,my post means that you have answered all the questions asked here lately.
yes i've understood what you says, but now RCU send me the reply link...

da Rock 07-10-2010 06:50 AM

"Frog legs"...... what an excellent bit of humor.

Girl frogs of course have the better looking legs.

And I think I will tell my fellow modelers that my new H9 Hellcat has frog legs when they ask about the excellent gear it's got. I'm just finishing up the gear install and she (the Hellcat) will have a chance to try out her new legs within a day or so.

Thanks for keeping such excellent hardware available to our hobby. I hope your business increases such that you will consider marketing larger and smaller versions.

Also, please consider making or modifying the RS-333 retracts to include a model that has 95 degree gear travel. The Spitfire actually needs that extra amount of throw with it's dihedral and outward retracting gear. The Spitfire needs an extra amount of travel, just as the Mustang and P47 need less.

G-Pete 07-10-2010 08:23 AM

.If we didn't do anything yet for the old customer it's because in the initial deal, it was Doug responsability( maybe it was an error we should have thinking to do it ourselve in the deal), but obviously i don't see how he can do that now.

Thanks Christophe for this reply - one step in the right direction.

Now folks, for all the guys who cried out loud to close this thread - this would never happen by closing. Just think about it next time...

thedeeman 07-10-2010 10:47 AM

I've posted here earlier as I was one of Doug's original customers. Thankfully my order got filled around the time things were falling apart for him. They were 2 weeks late but they did finally come. After that I swore off of Lado's because friends who ordered the same time I did (which was a little over a year ago) finally got there's just a month ago. But after following the thread and see how responsive Christophe was, I decided to give him a try (as the Horizon electrics are still not available). I ordered just last week and 15 minutes ago (Saturday July 10, at 11:07 AM) there was a knock at my door. It was the postal carrier with my mail and a small box. Normally the carriers drop in the mailbox but she said she needed a signature for this one because it was from France :-)!!!!!! I knew what it was and I wasted no time getting the box open.

So long story short, Christophe met and actually exceeded his commitment to me when I ordered last week. Ordering from the site was easy and with the no pay until available rule, I felt better about the order. When I missed out on a set, he updated the site for me so I could order (yes, he emailed me seconds after he did and told me to go in immediately and order). So I did, and he immediately followed up that it would be shipped on Monday and will take about a week or so to arrive. And in less than a week, here they are.

I'd post pics but I'm not sure how.

Joespeeder 07-10-2010 12:41 PM

Hey Magnum or Christophe,

I see that a RS333 90 degree Trunion is available. Would that work in the 85 degree Narrow housings?

I need a set of H9 sized 90 degree retracts for my Hurricane and next time they give me any issue I'll be swapping them out. Any chance of a 90 degree narrow as a option for us to order down the road?

Thanks for any info.

Joe

www.thecaterhamproject.com

G-Pete 07-10-2010 01:09 PM

Boy I was wrong - I thought when these guys turn around and take care of the old customers it takes not more then two days for positive consecutive posts to show up

- it took only two hours.[X(]

Now Christophe, here is your answer for your solution request.

You make them happy - they make you happy. ;) One unhappy customer weighs as much as 100 happy ones.

Magnum RC 07-10-2010 01:16 PM

Sorry Joe, it won't. the housings are different for the 90 degree and the 85 degree. Parts won't interchange.

chalmrast 07-11-2010 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: MAGNUMRC.COM

Sorry Joe, it won't. the housings are different for the 90 degree and the 85 degree. Parts won't interchange.
Do the trunions still accept a 5/32" wire?

Magnum RC 07-11-2010 07:34 PM

the wires have been increased to 3/16 or 5mm.

chalmrast 07-11-2010 08:19 PM

the wires have been increased to 3/16 or 5mm.
Are you kidding me? Will those trunions fit the original Lado's? I've been struggling with my 5/32 x 3/16 adapters I had to make for the Robart 660 struts. I sent an e-mail via your website last week and got no response.

Chad

Magnum RC 07-12-2010 12:08 PM

Yes, the wire size is increased to 5mm which is a hair smaller than 3/16. I hope this is better.,

CashD 07-12-2010 12:49 PM

Arethe ones for the Top Flite kits also the ones for the Top Flite ARFs? Specifically, I have the P-47 ARF and want to put these in it.

P.S. Christophe, I agree frog legs are yummy!

Signed a Yankeehttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

Magnum RC 07-12-2010 12:55 PM

Hi Cash, the gear finder on the Lado website says that the RS333-85L (Wide) is what is supposed to go into the Top flite P-47. We are now sold out of these, so if you can stand a 90 degree set, they will fit too. RS333-90 (wide).</p>

thedeeman 07-12-2010 02:57 PM

Does anyone know the size of the set screws in the rotating retracts (that hold the strut)??? These seem to still be the weak link in the Lado's. Because they use the small hex, the hex easily gets distorted so you can't get them tigthened down. I want to purchase some more but every size I try doesn't seem to quite fit.

BTW, if I could make one suggestion about them, maybe include a few extras of the set screws because they can be easily lost or dropped while working on th retracts.

Magnum RC 07-12-2010 03:02 PM

On the next order, we will be getting extra screws. The set screws will be millimeter measurements. Even I do not know yet but I will. We will be making set screws as part of parts you can order. It will come.

da Rock 07-12-2010 03:27 PM

On the next order, we will be getting extra screws. The set screws will be millimeter measurements. Even I do not know yet but I will. We will be making set screws as part of parts you can order. It will come.

They are definitely a weak link.

I've got metric wrenches and none fit tightly. And of course, neither do the SAE. I've kept every allen wrench I've ever had and found one that fits the best. Think it came in an OS engine back when they included wrenches. But got no idea what size. Think I'll mic it when I work on the F6F tonight. I'll post the numbers later.

RBean 07-12-2010 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thedeeman,

I had the same problem with the Lado rotating retracts. The struts would some times rotate on landing. I ground flat spots on the struts and they still turned. I tried to tighten and striped the threads in the trunion. The brass is soft compaired steel. I finally drilled larger hole around on the other side of the trunions using slightly larger set screws. I also drilled out the trunions to use 3/16" rods to mount robart struts. Then I used JB weld to make sure they wouldn't turn. So far they have been working ok and solved most of my problems. They are mounted on a modified VQ P-40. Since they now come sized for 5mm struts I may order some from magmunrc. Not as good as robo strut ready but I otherwise like them. Now as modifed, strong, dependable and no air to mess with. However, when you add to price of Robart struts $90 to the price of the retracts $230 they begin to get rather pricey at $320.