Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Sardine Regatta

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Sardine Regatta

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
RiverRaider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sardine Regatta

The Mississippi River Battle Squadron returned to the Sardine Regatta on Sunday.
Another great event hosted by the Madison Area RC boat modelers.
The German destroyer V-25 was the first ship to sink. Shaun Z. is the new commander
of the "on the bottom fleet". Second year in a row that the V-25 sank first. Last year at the hands
of the Russian destroyer leader Tashkent. A lot of parts were shot off the ships, life boats, torp tubes, etc.
My USS Shaw lost five torp tubes and was pumping. The two pictures show some of the hits
the Shaw received. Nice twin stern hits and not shown was a below the boot bow hit.

RiverRaider

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96355.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	477282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49025.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	477283  
Old 06-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Default RE: Sardine Regatta

Are you guys doing demos at this regatta?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
darkapollo

mmmm fun.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:50 PM
RiverRaider

ORIGINAL: Umi_Ryuzuki

Are you guys doing demos at this regatta?
Yes, we fight between races. It is an everything type event. With sail and high speed electric races,
scale ships of of all kinds and RC combat. It is a fun two day event held every year in June. It is
a great event to watch as there is something for everyone who enjoys rc boating.

RiverRaider
Old 06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

So are you up to four members yet?

Old 07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
aircoffee

Hi River Raider,

I looked up your hometown on google. Not that far away from me. I'm guessing from the pictures that your "big gun club". The Shaw looks like a nice ship, how does she turn and how many guns are active on a ship that size? We've got between 15 and 20 total active members in the twin cities area, hopefully we picked up a few more at Ice Breaker. If your interested, check out port polar bear, with the MWCI. Is your ship 1/96 or 1/144?? Hey, maybe I'll run into ya in Wabasha, my old neighbors own "Slippery's".
Old 07-23-2006, 03:27 PM
RiverRaider

Hi Aircoffee,

Not really "Big gun" as they are 1/144 scale and usually carry more guns per ship and I believe use four
different sizes of ammo and we use only 3/16" and 1/4". "Big Ship" would better describe
what we do. We build and fight Queens Own 1/72 scale rules. http://www.nwlink.com/~pfleming/
I have include a picture with the Shaw, Tashkent and Wyoming for size comparison. The USS Wyoming
is a small WW1 battleship at about eight feet long and at over six feet long the Russian destroyer Tashkent
is a four 3/16" gun ship with 60 rounds per gun. The USS Shaw has been a very good ship that turns and
handles well. It is a Queens Own 723 Class ship with two 3/16" guns, 50 round each and a 36 GPH pump.
Both guns have rotation and the front has three position elevation. It is equipped with running and spot lights
and gun mounted lasers for target marking during night battles.
A few years ago a Larry and I had some 1/144 fast gun ships we were fighting with, but we sold them before
we knew about you guy's at Port Polar Bear. It would be fun to drive up and check out what you are doing.
When is the next battle scheduled?

RiverRaider
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10615.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	495766