Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Longer Chassis and 2speed Tranny for Hurricane XP?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Longer Chassis and 2speed Tranny for Hurricane XP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Titaniumracingtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longer Chassis and 2speed Tranny for Hurricane XP?

Converting my Hurricane XP to race in the On-road 1/8 GT class. Just curious if there are any longer chassis that will fit this buggy? Also are there any two speed transmissions that will work as well. Thanks guys!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 PM
masterhacker1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Longer Chassis and 2speed Tranny for Hurricane XP?

Im not sure about their being any trannys that are a direct swap, same with the chassis but it looks like it would be easy enough to make a chassis for that. As for a two speed tranny, if you custom made a Chassis then you could throw what ever tranny you wanted into it
Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Longer Chassis and 2speed Tranny for Hurricane XP?

The avalanche chassis will work (its longer) but you will need longer dogbones/driveshaft, i have an ofna gpt2 and looks like the 2 speed trans will fit, you may have to drill the chassis for the trans, once you have that mounted you will need to measure to see what size dogbones will work for you.