Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

FRnt Differential broke...???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM
FarBeyondDriven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRnt Differential broke...???

Have: caldera 10E, The slotted part of the front left diff that holds the driveshaft in broke. Ie. One of the tabs is missing and the dogbone is falling out etc. Would this be covered under warranty. Any advice? I havent hit anything hard, which leads be to suspect it may be a dud. Thoughts/advice apprreciated. Cant drive it as is. Sitting on my workbench

Thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FRnt Differential broke...???

ORIGINAL: FarBeyondDriven

Have: caldera 10E, The slotted part of the front left diff that holds the driveshaft in broke. Ie. One of the tabs is missing and the dogbone is falling out etc. Would this be covered under warranty. Any advice? I havent hit anything hard, which leads be to suspect it may be a dud. Thoughts/advice apprreciated. Cant drive it as is. Sitting on my workbench

Thanks
You can always try and fill out a warranty claim on Redcats sight. I have a feeling it's considered gears/drivetrain and you'll probably receive a email back saying something like "due to the nature of the hobby" ect. Ect. Ect. Probably better off just buying a complete front diff assembly off eBay. Keep the original as a spare and just order the broken cup you need for it to make it complete again.