Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caldera 3.0 issues.....

Hello everyone i'm having issues with the caldera 3.0 brake set up??? When i start it up the break act like it doesn't want to work and i need a pic of the break setup if someone has it? and if there are any other problems with these caldera please let me know? just trying to fix for a friend...Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caldera 3.0 issues.....

I had a similar issue , I went to Redcat site they have detailed pics you can see how their set up

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: terrywolfpack

Hello everyone i'm having issues with the caldera 3.0 brake set up??? When i start it up the break act like it doesn't want to work and i need a pic of the break setup if someone has it? and if there are any other problems with these caldera please let me know? just trying to fix for a friend...Terry
    There could be a few issues. Is the throttle trim bumped up, this will affect your brakes. If that's good did you check the brake pad screws, these get loose from time to time. Then of course the linkage...has it been adjusted lately? Also the brake disc itself needs to be scuffed up with some heavy grit sandpaper occasionally.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Jjm3 will look that up, and Dad like rc too thanks for the info.. I had a gal friend get this and first time out she burnt up plastic spur gear and hit a pole and replaced it and when i was working on tunning it yesterday i noticed the linkage for the brake all apart and thoought thats why it doesn't stop...lol.. I have alot of redcat stuff through trades and what not good product and this is new to me because never had any problems with them until this caldera 3.0 came around...lol... But thats the fun thing in the hobby is tinkering with stuff.....I appreciate the input guys thanks and god bless...Terry