Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Haha I'm sorry, I just enjoy Ignignot. I figured i'd stick with the whole green avatar theme. The llama thing was actually an animated gif but for some reason it didn't show up right. It was full of holes and stuff instead, annoyed the hell out of me. Let me see if uploading it will make it work. That way it can forever live on the forum. I mean if you all really want the llama back that's fine with me. I could work on it and atleast fill in the holes. Now that i think of it kinda miss it too... [sm=cool.gif]
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could get an RC version of that you would have it licked !! LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Popper252

Haha when I get some free time i'll see what I can do. I never was all that great with image editing and gif file making. I'll see if i can get the dinosaur llama thing in a car and make it look like it's going. Like i said i dunno if i can do it, although for the picture in my profile i made the glow plug ignitor dissapear. Kinda proud of that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13192.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	448708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61999.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	448709  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 PM
shadymarkny

Yeah everything is tight, I can't believe that it was rip right off the metal plate.. When I checked it.. there was only about a less then half of pad left. Never ever seen this in 7 years of rc racing.. that's for sure.
ORIGINAL: futabaed

Dont think its a new problem or big problem at that............
Any screws that hold somthing on that moves should have locktite on em or be checked for tightness every startup.
As far as a replacment pads hpi or some traxxas will work,but redcat is a better fitting pad for there product.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 PM
futabaed

mabey try some hpi pads they look a lil tougher but might have to bore out the set holes a hair too get em to fit
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM
eze98032

Hey is anybody else having problems trying to get to redcatracing.com I get an error everytime
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
ehroof

nope working fine, 123
Old 04-21-2006, 04:10 PM
cocheese

I hope I get my truck going tomorrow, Just gota throw my rear hubs on!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Have you guys noticed your toe in on your trucks.. if there way off. i suggest setting them up with the reciever on.. so you have nuetral ground and will take a ton more stress off of the axles and hubs.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 PM
shadymarkny

Yeah.. I adjusted my toe angle. It was way off!! I also mad about the break pads man.. The pads broke after 7th tank of gas. Unheard of before.. Now I got wait for a new sets of breaks to come in.. []
Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
entity
Banned

did you season them. and were they dragging when driving?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
ehroof

i put some salt, pepper and garlic on mine (LOL) i adjusted the toe before i even started it.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
shadymarkny

LOL.. Na.. weren't dragging. Looks off to begin with so I tuned it up a little.. Im the worse cook.. I wouldn't even know where to begin the seasoning.. [X(]
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 AM
stewtheman

OK, I just ran my Volcano for the first time today and I am absolutely thrilled! This is my first R/C nitro truck so I have nothing else to compare it to, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I've been flying nitro planes for a little over a year now so I have some experience with nitro engines, but these trucks are entirely different animals. Anyhow, the engine started without too much trouble at all and I was off to ease it into shape. I knew most of what to expect thanks to this forum and had the clutch spring break on my second tank, but because I expected it I wasn't upset. I had already ordered the Traxxas replacement clutch spring so I ventured to try and disassemble everything to access the clutch. Man was that a learning experience! I got it replaced and it appears that I put everything back together right. The bottom line is that I think I'm really going to enjoy this thing, but I think I would have been completely lost if it wasn't for this forum! So, thanks everyone for all your tips and insights! Enjoy your trucks!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:31 AM
futabaed

Wow stewtheman good to hear you got one now & I hope the rest of the break in process goes smooth for ya!
Whut type of fuel did you finally go with?
Remember to double check your gear mesh & allingment & make sure all screws are tight to avoid problems after every run.
Glad to see ya back & Enjoy your truck!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:56 AM
shadymarkny

Stewtheman: Awesome man. Good to hear that you love the truck... I love mine now after all.. I mean I better after all these things I just put on and more to come.. Next week I should have the rest of my alum parts in.. I will put up more pictures. Enjoy your truck man! And post some pictures whenever so we can all check it out.. Peace [8D]
Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
cocheese

Today I put some traxxas rear hubs on my Volcano... It took a little modification, but was pretty easy. One thing I noticed on my Truck today is the travel in the suspension, did anyone else notice you can't completely push the suspension all the way in. I think my dogbones are too long and this is why the hub carriers are breaking. Does anyone else notice this?

Oh yea, after I put my new rear hubs on, I really opened this thing up today. I have never been so hard on this thing and nothing broke.
It was sweet, These trucks aren't too bad for the money. I had my buddy there and he is thinking about getting one.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
stewtheman

Well, after today I reached the ten tank plateau, if such a thing exists, and what do you know? I broke a steering knuckle and it MAY have been a result of me hitting someone. Oops! I felt entirely stupid but SHE said it didn't even hurt. It did however hurt my truck. This looked like a job for CA! I performed the quick fix with CA and got back to driving hard in grass and it broke again after a few minutes and then again after another few minutes. Obviously this was just a temporary fix. But, after the third breakage I decided to keep it on the road and have managed another three tanks of doing whatever I wanted on the road with no problems. I love this truck! I'm thinking that I'll go straight to the aluminum and not even mess with a stock replacement part. What modifications are necessary to use the knuckles for the MT2?

I made some friends at the park today and one guy with a T-Maxx couldn't stop talking about how much he liked my truck, that is, until I hit his wife with it! This thing is obviously no T-Maxx, but it can do a lot of things that the T-Maxx can't. One thing that kind of bummed me was when I compared the placement of the fuel tank in the T-Maxx to my Volcano. I asked the owner of the T-Maxx if there were any ways to refuel without taking the body off and that's when he showed me his fuel tank right next to his engine. This makes it easy to just cut a rectangle out of the bed for starting it AND refueling it. Our fuel tank is toward the front. Does anyone have any solutions for this? I would love to make my body a more permanent installation.

I've attached some pictures of my Volcano with my switch and charge port mounting on the body. That installation as well as the fact that I want to add LED's are some of the reasons I want to be able to refuel without removing the body. The truck's a little dirty but I kind of think it's supposed to be that way. Anyhow, type at you later!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14173.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	449781   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42774.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	449782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44701.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	449783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb79916.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	449784  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:07 PM
bluecaka69

raed this forum there is a spot on the front windsheild to cut out and just attach a zip tie to fuel door works great also helps with air flow

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3921476/tm.htm
Old 04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
cgoodlet

Yea the axle shafts seem long, Pulled mine today and it seems to have another 1/4" of travel or so. I found a shop here in Canada that sells HPI that didn't laugh at me when I said I had an Ebay truck (he did kinda smile though) Said I should bring the truck in and we could open bags of stuff to see what might fit. Should be back with a list of goodies that cross over shortly as I am just the type to take a good machine and modify it to suit my needs.
Modified with the best materials available at the time!
ORIGINAL: cocheese

Today I put some traxxas rear hubs on my Volcano... It took a little modification, but was pretty easy. One thing I noticed on my Truck today is the travel in the suspension, did anyone else notice you can't completely push the suspension all the way in. I think my dogbones are too long and this is why the hub carriers are breaking. Does anyone else notice this?

Oh yea, after I put my new rear hubs on, I really opened this thing up today. I have never been so hard on this thing and nothing broke.
It was sweet, These trucks aren't too bad for the money. I had my buddy there and he is thinking about getting one.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
shadymarkny

Does anyone know if these tires will fit the Volcano? They would look hot on them if they fits.. I am afriad that the front tires might be too wide and it might rub against the truck or body.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGE8&P=0
Old 04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
entity
Banned

If you stick with your rim size and offset find tires to fit those and you should be fine.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:55 PM
shadymarkny

Yeah that's what I have been doing.. I can't seen to find anything that's better looking then the stock one.. That's when I came across those Traxxas rims. I just have to keep searching.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: shadymarkny

Does anyone know if these tires will fit the Volcano? They would look hot on them if they fits.. I am afriad that the front tires might be too wide and it might rub against the truck or body.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGE8&P=0
as long as the volcano has 14mm hubs it should fit, i dont know what size the volcano has. I am not too crazy about the stock rims on the volcano either, would like to put chrome or gold ones on, come to think of it i have some hpi rims in gold, i should see if they fit and buy two more.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
cgoodlet

ok eh(translation: all ya all), for the $150.00 bucks plus shipping I am overall pretty happy with the frigin truck. Red cat, Himoto, Hispeed and what ever the other name is, I don't care its a hobby. Lets try to figure out how to makem cool and solid with as little money out as possable. I just raced the guy across the street with his, oooooh SAVAGE and kicked his but on the limestone. Its a fast little truck. Looks like all sorts of other manufacturers stuff fits this thing.
2 part apoxy seems to stiffen things up, I have'nt stripped gears yet but I am sure it will happen (cause they sent me some in the box when I bought it) shocks suck, plastic breaks (see apoxy).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.