Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
jcam54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Check out redcat pics thread I think DITI did a t-max shock conversion with srews and bolts vs. the stock set up.

Here's a link to pic

http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/up...60/Ns45188.jpg

Well I guess DITI beat me to it while I was looking for his post!!! Man slow down DITI you Quick Draw McGraw!! LOL!!
futabaed

Rc-10 or team losi shocks will fit the valcano look em up on ebay ,ive got team losi shocks all around on mine and they work great
DiTi

here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99998.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	448113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75100.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	448114  
Old 04-20-2006, 12:17 AM
naviuk

HI All

Well i arrived in one piece after day and half travelling home, I don;t wanna see another customs or airport for a good while!!!
Im on dial up here so the line is REALLY SLOW i'll ctach up on the threads later, but i was browseing quick,
Darin: Thanks man for sorting out that glitch on pricing
Stewtheman: Where'd you go dude, you have become very quiet and you see if you don;t open your mouth the mistake would never have been found on the pricing till much later
Entity: Whats up Ronnie, one truck apparently made it through customs but the other is still travelling the wild fields of south africa... i'll email you

Those alloy upgrades look cool but i wouldn't be so stoked with the reciever being left outside... the balloon trick is the way to go, i also heard you have to put a little powder inside and then when u zip it, put a thin film of grease on the entrance to keep moisture out... LHS told me that
Well when i return i think i'm going to start on the alloys, still no word on the hubs???

Cheers
Pierre
Old 04-20-2006, 12:29 AM
stewtheman

Wow! It took me a few days, but I think I've finally picked myself up off the floor. Yeah, I got me some vicious scars from trying to stay a little optimistic in this forum. Anyhow, I realize this isn't about me so I'll move on. I did have an update on DHL's shipping and was wondering if anyone else had exprerienced this. My truck was delivered in three business days (Arizona to Ohio) and my exhaust got here in two! I've never had a UPS or FedEx package come from anywhere West in less than four business days and typically it's been five to six. I was especially surprised about these times given the complaints that I heard about DHL's slow shipping. They've been great for me but then again I do have some stock in one of their couriers. Perhaps they know that.

I've also been researching various methods of hooking up LED's for headlights and came across a cool and rather inexpensive gadget. I wanted to be able to remotely turn on my lights and didn't want to have to manually flip a switch with a servo so I was looking for ways to utilize an extra channel. To my dismay, this can't be done without some rather complex (for me) electronics. But the PicoSwitch (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm) plugs into an extra receiver channel and gives you the ability to switch any extra car accessories on and off for $20. I can't believe this thing isn't more popular.

I haven't heard too much about boiled parts lately. For those who have tried it, would you say it would be wise for me to take the parts off my truck and boil them before I ever run it, or did it not make a substantial difference. And if I should boil some parts, which ones are most improved by this process? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 AM
shadymarkny

Lucky man.. Everytimes i track the DHL package, it goes through at east 3 or 4 states before it reaches mine.. No wounder why it takes so long. UPS ground from CA took only 4 days to get here.. I wish they could switch man. There's not many DHL drop off location anywhere near my houese.. I don't even see DHL trucks that often here.. Im live on Long Island...not east bumble Fxx.. lol I am still waiting on my parts that shipped on 13th and I still don't have it yet.. sucks!!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:20 AM
shadymarkny

nice man.. thanks for the tip. I will try that... Then ill post another photo to show you guys..
Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few tidbits of information for all.

I read some of the posts here and have some answers.

1. Yes I am in China. I like to share information about this as China internet connections are very poor and I have only been able to get online for a few hours within the last 10 days. I am back in Shanghi where the internet is much better.

2. Met with factory of Redcat products all day yesteday and discussed the spur gears in detail with the owner and their chief of engineering. We discussed other things also but the spur gear is the main concern right now. I asked about making it in metal but the engineer stated that making that in metal may cause stress on other parts as the initial design was in plastic. Changing to metal will cause a redesign of many parts. The bottom line is they are going to contact their plastic factory and use a different type of plastic that is more durable. This is a similar problem we initially had with the door type mounts but they remanufacturered them with better plastic and the problem has dropped significantly. I think it is Ehroof that has broken numerous spur gears and I believe he may have a different problem that is causing this probably due to alignment. Please PM me directly and I will take care of this another way.

3. Messages posted by Entity. We know we need help with support. I posed a question to him last night and asked if he had interest in helping with responding to RCU message board. Today, without talking to me, he made some comments which he shouldnt have as we did not make a deal for helping us with support I have yet to make any decisions and only asked him if he had interest. We are looking for possibly up to 3 people to do this from people with a lot of experience who can help users on the boards. We of course will come to agreement for wage. If you have interest PM me.

4. Yes we need help. Thats clearly obvious but when I view the other message boards for smartech, himoto and even the large companies I see no presense from anyone in their companies. Himoto sells more than we do, Smartech sells more than we do but we seem to get a lot more attention then they do about our products.

We are now 5 months old, the difference from day 1 to now is enormous in terms of part pricing (plastic) which we took guidance from this board. Product fixes such as door type mounts, body durability, different radio model and more. This board is not a marketing ploy that some believe. If it were based on some of the posts here why leave it running?

It is easy to pick on us. We have our share of issues as any new company does, but we do make changes based on many comments on this board.

Darin

Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 AM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Just to let all my fellow r/c peeps out there.. Darin sent me a pm regarding helping out with redcat.. But the decision is not final yet. So please i can help as always but am not officially with redcat yet. Thank you.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:39 AM
chopper22980

Hey man I would have posted that before Darin busted you out.Just a friendly thought,
Old 04-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Popper252

Haha, hindsight is 20/20 [sm=stupid.gif]
Old 04-20-2006, 12:36 PM
shadymarkny

Awsome Darin. Im happy to hear about the plastic part.. at least we are going some where with this. Before we just could not get an respond back about it. I just put in my new gear set that took 7 days to get here. Shipping should be a little faster by different services maybe.. I dunnoo. We all hate to wait for a week sometimes more to get our parts.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:35 PM
bluecaka69

does anyone know if these aluminum gear boxes for mts will fit volcano or tornado
http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-HPI-MT2-Allo...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
futabaed

these will not fit the valcano at my lhs when I went to look for steering knuckles, looked at a set and holes are spaced different
(They would look good on the valcano though)
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
bluecaka69

thank you thats what i needed to but they would look good
Old 04-20-2006, 03:02 PM
ehroof

Thanks for the reply Darin, i sent you a pm earlier. I have the engine and clutch bell lined up and square if thats what you mean. Anyway thank for the reply and thanks for letting me know about entity.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:27 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: entity

Just to let all my fellow r/c peeps out there.. Darin sent me a pm regarding helping out with redcat.. But the decision is not final yet. So please i can help as always but am not officially with redcat yet. Thank you.
hey bro, stop begging, your not so smug now huh?
Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 PM
shadymarkny

Guys, My break tore apart today!! I was driving around and all the sudden I couldn't slow the truck down.. Lucky I could still steer.. So I let go the gas and drove the car right into the tire of my real car.. Wasn't fast so nothing broke. But I was so mad about the break.. The shoes broke off.. and I was left with one shoe pad. Thank God I ordered a set of breaks last week and I think its coming tomorrow.. So I can replace it. But does anyone know where I can get a better sets of break pads.. The disk is fine it is just the shoes..

Let me know if anyone else has this problem.. This could be a new problem.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 PM
futabaed

Dont think its a new problem or big problem at that............
Any screws that hold somthing on that moves should have locktite on em or be checked for tightness every startup.
As far as a replacment pads hpi or some traxxas will work,but redcat is a better fitting pad for there product.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 PM
ehroof

sorry mark, i never heard of any rc nitro needing a brake job, dont know what to say.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Himoto Racing Canada

Well the brake's are made to wear, Your gonna replace them sooner or later.

Concerning the thread locking compound use only the blue Loc-Tite especially on metal to metal parts.

Blue is removable Loc-Tite (excellent thread rebuilder for plastic, CA glue also works great)

Red is for metal to metal permanent assembly [:@] ( you may be required to heat the screws with a soldering iron 35 watts + to remove red Loc-Tite or else you may strip the threads)

You have been warned !!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 PM
futabaed

hence the outlined blue in my post above(loctite)
Old 04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
AJsToyz

Well ,my only problem with the PM is that I did. I sent email to the address you gave me , and I still ended up doing all the footwork to try to fix my problems. Actually , the dealer that sold me the car contacted Violet then she got ahold of me. I'm still disturbed that I had to buy replacement parts that were broken because of a defective radio. Well , thats the breaks , and I still do not see me changing my mind about Redcat products anytime soon. Recat racing has been in business for more than 6 months , and in that time I'd hope the company as a whole would know how to treat there customers better.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
AJsToyz

Popper , what happened to the Llama ?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
DiTi

right!? LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.