Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:29 AM
futabaed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Entity, Im sorry your so upset about little or few donations.
Fact is I have no say in redcats ability to help you with donated rc's.
I am a mod and can edit my own post how i fell and im sorry if you disagree with that.
I do think its a good thing to send our troops rc's.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:32 AM
futabaed

PRIVATE MESSAGING:
While the topics may vary all RCU forum etiquette rules apply to private messaging. All rules that are broken via private messaging will be dealt with in the same fashion as if they were posted on the forum itself.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 AM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

your comment about redcat had nothing to do with you changing your post. I'm asking everyone to fork up or to help get the word out in some way.. Regardless of how many people here don't like me.. It's about the troops not me.. I have one donation already.. And I've been cold email as many rc companies as i can think of..
Old 06-30-2006, 12:41 AM
entity
Banned

if you guys like the performance of your stock pipes but not sound.. but an extra baffle and put it in there.. then play with it by drilling out the holes bigger in the baffle.. The disc.. or like your basic muffler.. buy some 2.00 fiberglass and put just a tick in there and see how quite it gets..
Old 06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
TruckFreak

Hey, good idea entity should have tried that first.Oh Futabaed I chose the plastic one I didn't know there was a metal one(too late) but in regards to the link [link]http://www.Hobbytownusa.com[/link]I bought mine from there.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
entity
Banned

No problem bud.. whatever works.. just some tricks of the trade i've learned.. I usually drill out the baffles and the exit pipe and dremel the exhaust port.. Noise is not much of a concern out here.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
futabaed

Yes there is a alluminum polished & tuned pipe, but the one you bought will be much quieter than the alluminum by far.

Heres a link to one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-RS4-3-MT2-RT...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-30-2006, 05:43 PM
entity
Banned

I would suggest.. just meauring your outlet on the manifold.. and with the silicone coupler.. you can buy almost any muffler you want.. Any type of tuned muffler is gonna be louder.. Take a look at golden horizons for inexpensive yet.. good muffs.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:16 AM
naviuk

Hi Guys

Well after much waiting and Postal C#$p i eventually got my truck parts i was waiting for
I managed to replace the spur gear with no hassle but came across a weird thing, the little silver gear they send in the pack, the one that is on the same shaft as the spur, it seems they have made them about a mm to thick, as in when everything fits together and it;s nice and close you should be able to slip the c-clip back on behind the silver gear, well with the new one no such luck, luckiy the one i have is not so bad so i can work with it but i give it another few tanks and it;ll be game go, the gear keeps catching cause it;s got some dodgy teeth but nothing i can do till i go home and then i can drill tat other gear alittle thinner...

The shocks that i redid are SO much better, amazing what some good ol TLC will do, i raised the body as high as it goes on the suspension arms and then also made the springs alittle harder and it lloks more like a monster truck now

I wanted to know, has anyone else had a problem if u push the truck slowly along the ground every turn it like catches and then u push a little harder and it is fine. it;s not the brakse or motor cause none where on when i did it, there was just the front and back srtup and the gears in the middle, i took the box apart agaibn but the only thing i found alittle dodgy was the silver gear, i might be wrong but maybe someone else has had this...???

Cheers
Pierre
Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 PM
futabaed

Did you try tightening the purple nut on the diff gear with a wrench(right-tighten Left-loosen)?
I would match the old diff up with the new one to see if the springs are compressed to the same dimensions.
(please try this before you take out the grinder to shave that mm away)

Hope this helps,I'm off to town to get me some breakfast[8D]
Old 07-03-2006, 02:11 AM
naviuk

Yeah i tried juat about everything to get it on, but as far as i saw you need the clip on the one side to be on and then you can tighten the spur gear on, I'll make 100% sure tonight

Well i think i have the strangest rc truck, I wrote in a post that the gears where not moving great and yesterday when i took it out they got alot worse and for some reason i lost front drive so for awhile i could do soem awsome donuts but didn;t want to wreck anything, so when i got home i tried to find the source of the problem, Well lets just say it was a ghost cause i took the entire front diff apart and everything was perfect, i then put it back together and it was fine? then i took the gearbox apart and put that back together and that also ran smooth!!! so now i'm confused but not complaining, i didn;t do anything different from the last time, is it possible if the screws are too tight it can cause it to not run so great?

Futa i'll let you know about the gear, it would be weird they made it thicker but stranger things have happened

Cheers
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
futabaed

Happy Independence day!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
seanm729

hey guy's, got a question, would having a hpi racing cluchbell make my brothers cluch spring last longer on his volcano???? he broke the stock spring, got the traxis spring, a last time we went to the track it broke. is this just bad luck?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
futabaed

I don't believe that a new bell would make it last longer,Instead try a different spring maybe a duratrax.
(I have ran over 2 gallons nitro with this spring not breaking)
It's a much Thicker & Tougher spring and it has a higher stall than the stock volcano spring.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DuraTrax-Clutch-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
seanm729

thanx futabaed. think I'll give it a try thats a good price too
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Bananaboat

Sorry Futabaed, it is not that I don´t agree with you ... but it is just that I´ve had a similar problem with my truck and it could be the cause of his problem....

It took me some time and parts (hahah) to figure what the hell was wrong with the truck when it first broke... part because I was very new at R/C and second because I was so ansious to play with it that a broken spring would not make me stop! So... what happened was ... from breaking springs , the inside of the bell was all scratch and that started to ruin the shoes too !!! it would not mather the spring I would put there, 1 or 2 tanks later it was broken!! As his truck is broken already take it apart and look at the inside of the bell .... it should be nice and with no scratchs..... otherwise you will be changing springs and shoes like a mad BANANABOAT !! hehehehe if not, a lot of people said that new springs from diferent brands last forever !!! just like Futabaed said...

Good luck with your truck !!! :-)

ORIGINAL: futabaed

I don't believe that a new bell would make it last longer,Instead try a different spring maybe a duratrax.
(I have ran over 2 gallons nitro with this spring not breaking)
It's a much Thicker & Tougher spring and it has a higher stall than the stock volcano spring.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DuraTrax-Clutch-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-05-2006, 11:37 PM
futabaed

Good point bannaboat!

Yes you should check the inside of the bell for groves/deep scratches.
But since I replaced my spring and got a new bell not 1 problem with it at all.(same stock bell)
Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Bananaboat

Hey guys !!! I think I found a rear hub that we could use on our trucks.... can somone take a look at the link ? it is from a Team Associated TC4 1/10 car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150006474242

I sent the guy an email asking for specs and mesures of that part.... but I don´t think he will send them ! if someone know a way to figure that out... THX

Regards,
Old 07-06-2006, 08:29 AM
naviuk

Hey Banana,

Thats a pretty close match, but i think from looking at them they look like the base to hole(where shaft would go to, looks abit high...

I sent my spares ones to a mate back home and he is going to try reproduce them in alloy, he said he can;t peomise but he'd give it ago and see what he comes up with...
I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Bananaboat

Cool !!! anyway ... I send an email to another guy, that I bought alloy parts from asking about that GPM HPI MT2 Alloy.... the front ones fit perfectly !! you just need a new bearing .... someone mentioned that the rear ones are to short or something ! I´ll ask him anyway ... the rear hug is the only part I still wanna upgrade !!

regards,
Old 07-11-2006, 12:51 PM
futabaed

Has everyone checked out the new cars & trucks on the redcat racing site? The volcano sv pro looks sick!
They have Improved the power by adding a Team Infinity .18 Engine & aluminum tuned pipe.
Ball-joint Suspension/Aluminum Suspension Arms/Aluminum Upper Deck,Plus Larger Tires & Chrome wheels
I'm thinking about ordering me a green/orange volcano sv pro early next month.
If you haven't been there lately Check it out along with the other new models,

http://redcatracing.com/
Old 07-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Team Knowitall

tires aren'd much bigger, but they're a different tread and a softer compound

the Infinity .18 rips...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:46 PM
TruckFreak

Wow, I must say the whole line up looks really good.I can't wait to buy the Earthquake so I can start bashing with my friends HPI Savage.You know if Redcat keeps this line up in shape they'll be competing with the big boys.Great job[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-13-2006, 04:10 PM
MrCheezeWhizz

so, i was drivin my volcano down the street, and all of a sudden i see a car coming, so i routinely pulled over to the side of the road to let the car pass. Unfortunately, my view was blocked by a car in my driveway, so i ended up hitting the curb, i went over to see what happened, and my truck was sitting strait up, on its back bumper, and the rear axel holder broke. I used some PVC pipe cement to put it back together, and now i'm waiting for it to dry, But if that doesn't work, i might get some aluminium ones.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Bananaboat

But do you know where to get one ???????? I am still trying to find it !!! :-(

regards,

ORIGINAL: MrCheezeWhizz

so, i was drivin my volcano down the street, and all of a sudden i see a car coming, so i routinely pulled over to the side of the road to let the car pass. Unfortunately, my view was blocked by a car in my driveway, so i ended up hitting the curb, i went over to see what happened, and my truck was sitting strait up, on its back bumper, and the rear axel holder broke. I used some PVC pipe cement to put it back together, and now i'm waiting for it to dry, But if that doesn't work, i might get some aluminium ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.