Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
abjones413

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

TruckFreak, if your a senior in mechanics class, then you should know that that is normal wear and tear on the top of the piston and there's no need to polish it. It won't increase or decrease performance in the least. It's just the result of where the explosion takes place. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the sides of the piston and the cylinder wall aren't scratched. That's where you'll lose power. As long as you use a fuel filter, you should be in the clear, unless of course you drop a bunch of dirt in the top of the head while the glow plug is out... Doh!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
TruckFreak

Yeah that's what my instructor said I just wanted to be sure since these types of engine's mess up easily
Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

HELP PLZZZZZ

Im rebuilding the Tsunami. I need to know what the part number is for the front drive shaft cups. The ones on the trans and front diff, I removed the shaft when the front diff puked and never removed the cups. They must have loostened up and fell off. I also pulled the DX .18 and dropped in a O.S. .18 CV-RX for a lil more umph (actually alot). Ive got the page with the parts for the Tsunami, but they are crappy pics and no description.

Also is the 2 speed available as a whole? The add to cart is blanked oyt. The set screw fell out and the spring went with it. Ive been tryin to drive it but its locked in 2nd gear.

Then. I have had problems with the screws that hold the front knuckels in. The ones on the bottom front a-arm. I cant find a screw that fits correctly. I had alot of problems right after I bought this. Its been sitting on the shelf for months. now with winter coming on strong. I want to get it back running again
Old 11-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Bananaboat

Guys,

did anyone find a hear axial holder made of allum ?? Is there hope ??? hauhahuahua

Regards,
Old 11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
aldune

I finally received the parts to convert my earthquake center diff to the hurricane style, They are quite differnt
does anyone have a link to the schematic for the hurricane?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
fahaka

I should have taken pictures for you i just built up my diff and it all came together fine. If you have a specific question i can try to help I'll see if i have a parts breakdown in my catalog tonight.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:22 PM
naviuk

Hey Guys

Long time no chat, been awhile since i visited thise forum,
I finally got back to South Africa and things are going great here, I got to run my trucks at the local BMX track and man what a difference!

I need a favour from someone, Please can someone tell me a site that would be willing to sip a electric truck to South Africa???
My nephew really wants one and they soooo expensive over here and it works out cheaper to buy one and ship one here. The nitro's over here are double the price in some places...

PLease send me a site if you know of one.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2006, 04:56 AM
graymatters

hello all.

I have had my Earthquake now for about a month but have not run it much. I have now run 5 tanks through the truck but have not fully tuned the truck. i was working on this when after a short lived run, i noticed something weird about my pull start.
basically i can only get one good crank out of the pull start. it is pretty tight and then turns over once. i noticed i have to pretty much let go of the pull start a couple inches from in and let it hit just so i can pull again. if not, the pull start winds up but it is completely loose. i decide tonight to take the engine (SH .28) out and make sure everything was okay. The clutch springs were good and everything seemed to be fine except i think the pull start is slipping and not making snug contact with the nut on the Engine Backhousing.
Has any one had any problems like this before.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM
graymatters

never mind on the engine question I just posted. I went out today and ran with "Fahaka" (from these forums) and he told me that he noticed this issue when he was not getting fuel properly. I am glad I took everything apart because I was able to locktite the engine. Everything seems to work except for the fact that now I broke a tab of the Universal Front Dogbone (large poles will do that when you clip em). No worries, just part of this week's order.
Overall I must say the Earthquake is pretty tough and alot of fun. They will last longer if your friends do not do cartwheels with them too!!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:33 PM
seanm729

f
Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 PM
seanm729

hey what's up guys[8D] does any one know how the 02034-Universal joint A ataches to the rear dif because mine fell off (along with the dog bone but i fond that) and by looking at the rear diff. i cant figure out how it was stuck on there securely in the first place?[X(]
Old 11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
seanm729

one more Q. does the 02072-Servo horn shown here in the instruction manual fit both the front and back servos is the picture in the manual wrong??
Old 11-24-2006, 12:35 PM
aldune

The earthquake engine seized up!
what replacement (stock) do you recommend?
looking for a reliable not racing engine with rotostart if possible

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM
tamu

at what point do I take the glow plug igniter off as of now the truck just shuts off
Old 12-24-2006, 04:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few seconds after it starts, you may need to change the glow plug if you broke the engine in already.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
tamu

this is a brand new truck do I have to leave the igniter on during the breakin and thanks for the info this is my first truck
Old 12-24-2006, 04:23 PM
seanm729

hyugvyu8gyv8
Old 12-24-2006, 04:27 PM
seanm729

sorry i was testing my computer, i don't think your supposed to leave that thing on for more than a few seconds. im not sure if it would mess anything up though.[8D]
Old 12-24-2006, 04:29 PM
seanm729

but it sounds to me like your glo plug is no good $7.00 LHS[8D]
Old 12-24-2006, 04:34 PM
tamu

well thats great it still glows but now I can't buy a new one until tuesday
Old 12-24-2006, 04:40 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the idle low when the ignitor is on, maybe you need to raise the idle or lean the mixture a little, it may be too rich and needs the ignitor on to burn the excess fuel, did you break the engine in yet? How bright, large is the light in the plug, does it light up the whole coil?
Old 12-24-2006, 04:43 PM
seanm729

OS A5 is what i use in my stx. any one know how to re-seal a carb.???
Old 12-24-2006, 04:43 PM
tamu

thanks alot guys I am sure I will have more questions no haven't broken the engine thanks
Old 12-24-2006, 04:47 PM
seanm729

good idea ehroof[8D] i would try that before going and getting a new glo plug.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:58 PM
truckerbruce

Hi, this is my first post love the forum. Anyways can someone tell me why my box for my volcano sv pro says "The following are the accessories for optional purchase to facilitate your opperations" , and gives part #70110 for the starter box that does not work with the truck? I ordered that box it didn't "fit" the truck now I'm out $29.99 plus shipping, and I still had to buy the roto power starter. Any help would be nice , but an answer from Redcat would be even better. Thanks B.Allen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.