Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Levid....you stated that NOBODY in Washington state is a dealer or even heard of Redcat??....you know thats not true....I tried to put you in touch with my brother who is and has been a REDCAT DEALER for a couple of years now...I gave you his phone number....did you even try to get ahold of him??...if you haven't yet I'd be willing to give him a call and tell him I told you to call him and see if he can be of any help...but ONLY if you are willing to chill out...be reasonable about all this and try to find a PEACEFUL resolve....I know you are out by Yakima and he is in Graham but he still may be able to help you out....if with nothing else at LEAST a little cheaper shipping or something along those lines...

I truly feel for you in your frustration as you are obviously having greater issues than most and I don't blame you for being upset...but after reading your outraged posts and that letter you wrote to Darin it easy to understand that they are probably offended and throwing their hands up in the air at this point...

The gist of it is...how you present yourself and your problems dictates how well you are received and how willing someone will be to help you out....after all....when you first had probs and presented them to Darin (in a more reasonable and level headed fashion) he sent you FREE parts to help rectify the situation....had you handled this new situation in a more reasonable manner....who knows....maybe you would have gotten FREE ALLOY STUFF when they become available just to try and make up for the inconvienience??...now I'm not saying that WOULD have happened...but you just never know and unfortunately NOW you may NEVER know...

I'm glad I was able to help you with your tuning issues and get your truck RUNNING nicely...I am always willing to help people anyway I can...

I hope you get something figured out and can get your truck to where you are able to enjoy it like so may others have....I hate to see anyone feeling like they were ripped off...

In the future....try to keep in mind that you can catch a lot more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Kemo

Ugh... been debating whether or not to pick up one of these vehicles... but after reading more negative comments overall compared to positive comments, I'm not sure I am interested.

Redcat, I know you got the PM's I sent ya, but no feedback?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
futabaed

good way to put it xeller.
Everyone here has found this post for a reason,either to get helped or give helped.
I myself had a problem with redcat when I first started(radio troubles)thanks to this forum Darin helped fix the problem quickly.
my only frustration with your posts levid is the way you present your problems, Anger no matter whos fault it was will only couse yourself more problems.
So either suck it up and be a man or get out of the hobbie,no matter whut you buy high end or otherwise it will break.
I know you bought this truck just like I did to have fun with my kids.And so far I have had a blast with it but when it did break I didnt blame the factory besides
The factory helped you once already with free parts.

So dont get mad, do whut men do get replacment parts get your tools and fix the problem.

If you are still too fumed to deal with it levid I will pay you $100 for your truck if your still going to toss it.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Cloot

kemo,

I have had my Volcano STX for around a month, I love it... Runs great... I had a little downtime waiting to get some parts, but that was resolved... Thanks to Scott Harper... I have added the HPI mt2 aluminum upgrades to the front steering arm and door mount.. Have wrecked it into a tree (stupid hill + stupid me = crash), it did not break, bend, or anything... it was only 36ish degrees... it is quick, and does pretty good offroad and on... trust me... working on adding more speed to it.. have a better airfilter, and anticipating the tsais pipe i ordered... and all the other upgrades i am doing to it... sadly this is all coming about from a newb (me), but i am a fast study :P

Old 03-20-2006, 08:46 PM
jcam54

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see I'm not alone in my opinion!!

Redcat keep your chin up!! Any co. that gives out free parts to try to rectify a problem is doing great customer service!
Now on the other hand people shouldn't abuse the generousity---warrenty is nothing after puting fuel in tank.

As for other manufacters and copanys high or low end they don't warrenty broken parts except for duratrax-1 year stress

Kemo these are great trucks imo try it out! You don't have much to lose...well only if you don't....well enough of that negative junk!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Kemo

Actually, I was thinking of converting the Hurricane to a truggy and then racing it in the MN Nitro Series. Dont need the engine OR the radio, i've got my radio and a engine I can just order up from my sponsor.

Nice to see some of the peeps here reply every once in a while.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM
jcam54

Kemo thats a great idea contact Xeller8 he has done it and might give you a pointer or to on what he did and broke
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 PM
jcam54

redcat whats up?!

Hopefully the unjustified heat got turned down some with level headed wisdom.

Once again great product...I love mine!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always does Jcam.

This is why we let the boards go and be a living organism as they should be.

When you start to limit what people see either good or bad it prevents growth and learning on all sides.

God, now I sound like confucious.

Anyway, I have been out of town for about 4 days and yes the boards got very interesting as they always do.

Darin
Old 03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Kemo

I know how to turn it into a truggy, and I can definitely turn it into a tougher machine. The gearing would be way different and so would my suspension setup. The only thing i'd need is the body posts for mounting a truck body. The gearing would have to be a bit lower to get that low end explosive punch.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
jcam54

Kemo

Sweetness!!!

Just do it!!!

and keep us informed!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Kemo

I so would dudes... but I am really nervous about making the purchase after reading all these bad news reviews!

I mean, 300 bones, rtr... not knowing how the project could turn out, and not a wide variety of hopups to make it stronger. I'd do it if it were ARR, i got the radio, the gear, and it'd be cheaper for me to upgrade it that way.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:19 PM
jcam54

Darin,

Any word on alloy c-hubs and door dothingys?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
jcam54

Well Darins on here why don't yall see if you could make a deal and finaly see a redcat on the racing circut!!!

Sponsorship maybe?

Sorry don't mean to push but it really would be cool to see one of these run with the big boys and lay down some hurtin!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
ehroof

kemo, by the way who is your sponsor??
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Kemo

Although its a pretty cool idea, it might be too big of a bump for Redcat, as they are a young company yet. Didn't really mean to hijack the 1/10th truck thread guys. I suppose we could talk about it in the hurricane topic?

kemo, by the way who is your sponsor??
Racernine.com is my sponsor. they provide engines Ha, just realized they have my profile on their frontpage... doh!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
jeeperscreapers

i have a problem.... i went to take my endbell off my motor to check my clutch bcus its starting to slip some.... and i go to turn the screw on the end and the head stripped out... ne ideas on how to get it off now?????
Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
RedcatRacing

Few answers.

Aluminum hubs and door thingajobs. No word on those yet. I have feelers out.

On sponsorships, we are not doing it now not because of expense but because I get about 20 requests per week and we want to get our product in more locations before we start this.

Darin

Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
ehroof

kemo got shot down, lol
Old 03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Kemo

No problem Redcat, but by no means am I a "full ride" driver. Shoot, having a full ride sponsorship is my dream, but it wont happen this year! I'm a discount level sponsored racer at the moment.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Kemo

No problem Redcat, but by no means am I a "full ride" driver. Shoot, having a full ride sponsorship is my dream, but it wont happen this year! I'm a discount level sponsored racer at the moment.
i thought it was to big of a bump for redcat?????
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
RedcatRacing

Everything is a bump I assume but in my opinion no reason to promote the heck out of something if there are only a handful of places to buy the cars right.

Plan is wait until we cover the U.S. with hobby shops or stores selling the products than we can promote.

Darin
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
ehroof

redcat you need a stadium truck, to compete with the ruslter, jato, mr2
Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Kemo

He said he isnt doing sponsorships... Someone pm'd me to ask redcat for a full ride, and I'm justifying my reply here.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
RedcatRacing

Yeah Ehroof,

The Chinese are slow to design.

Darin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.