Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

grizz just done mine today...got better motor mount srews too...12 of each plus a foot of allthread for under $3..new hub should be in tomorrow...going to get the new hub on and hopefully nothing breaks..lol...hey check out my question on the forum under hurricane lower arms...was going to post it here but thought maybe not everyone reads this thread..if ya can help out it would be much appreciated....
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
grizz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send me a PM regarding the arms firebird78. Will help if I can [8D]
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
firebird78

euphoric...how u and ur buggy doin??....see the posts about the front upper arm screws?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
mozzzy_2000

I saw this Bazooka video and my mouth dropped open check it out.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jizsR0OEbMo
Yeah I can actually shed some light on this particular video. Firstly this has been plagerized by someone and copied as their own. Its not a bazooka its a demo video of Kyosho's Josh Cyrul jumping a house with his Kyosho Inferno 777 buggy. End of story. Somewhere along the way someone incorrectly labelled this as being a hurricane/bazooka and its perpetuated ever since. I have even seen Ebay sellers using this video to advertise the HSP Bazooka. Bit rude really.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:28 AM
euphorik

my buggy has been sitting patiently with some after run oil in it to finish the last part of break in. I ordered some GRP Tires and Wheels since i broke one of the front wheels. Should be here friday so I am just looking at it. [] Sooooon enough. Ill keep you all updated. And yea I saw those post. Hows everyone else's buggys doing?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 AM
grizz1

My babies are all fine at present. Buggy is wearing a new GO 2047 pipe and header in preparation for the seasons first meeting on Sunday. Engine is all run in, and hopefully I can drive it well enough to do some damage, as it's plenty quick !! (pics below).
My little on-roader suffered a major shunt in the rear last week and required a bit of surgery and a few new plastic bits, as well as a new body. The old body was just hanging on and the collision finished it off. It is now in several pieces. I picked up a Nissan Sylvia Touring shell from a local guy who brings them in (see pic), so that is going on the on-roader over the next couple of days.
How did you break your wheel euphoric ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32090.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	865937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41163.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	865938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30620.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	865939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk24102.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	865940  
Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 AM
euphorik

Well I am doing my break in inside the parking garage here next to the barracks because the last two floors are empty and its alot of space. I think i the spoke cracked when my buggy slid sideways into the wall as i was making a turn. Nothing major just the one wheel. It wasnt a problem until driving on it cause more stress and broke more spokes and made the wheel start to wobble. Luckily I caught it immediatly. So I just kind of clicked the broken spokes back into place and was able to drive it so i could have an empty tank to wait for the new wheels. So I just put some after run oil in the carb and cylinder and am awaiting my new wheels and tires. Cant fricking wait. Just as I was starting to get the tuning pretty good and the breakin was going steady that happened. Oh well. Fixing stuff and upgrading is part of the fun in the hobby. Ill take some pics once i get my digital camera out of my friends car. That pipe looks smooth grizz. Good luck on the meet.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:02 PM
firebird78

yeah good luck grizz...mine is back together...just ran 2 tanks throught her tonight..got my tune pretty good.. have to work till noon tomorrow..which is ok to cold during the morning but decent in the afternoon...hopefully i'll get to go do some jumping tomorrow night[>:]
Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
thunder_tiger_S2PRO

hey guys, the first jump ive done on my buggy it landed vertical and bent a shock and the swingarm pole down the bottom and didnt control it in the air, i just watched it land badly, any tips for jumping?? thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 10:27 PM
TThib

Braking will bring your front end down, Gas will bring your back end down. Takes alot of getting use to.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:53 AM
thunder_tiger_S2PRO

thanks guys i will giv it a shot when i get some fuel i ran out lol
Old 02-03-2008, 12:12 PM
WHEELBORRO
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]WHAT PARTS INTERCHANGE WITH THE HURRICANE XP AS FAR AS THE SUSPENSION FROM OTHER CARS . I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY SUSPENSION PARTS IN STOCK ANYWHERE HELP PLEASE !!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:45 PM
ehroof

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...rts/Categories

if you dont see it, ask, i am sure he has them at his shop, he has alot of customers that race them on his track. i get all my parts from him, 2-3 day shipping.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
tri_county_racing

You won't find many without modifying them to fit!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
euphorik

As far as parts and where I got my buggy I deal with Mike Leeke @ www.rufaster.com They have great prices and great customer service.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:55 AM
grizz1

ORIGINAL: thunder_tiger_S2PRO

hey guys, the first jump ive done on my buggy it landed vertical and bent a shock and the swingarm pole down the bottom and didnt control it in the air, i just watched it land badly, any tips for jumping?? thanks

You got to get the launch right. If you come completely off the throttle just as you start to climb the jump you will get a nice horizontal flight and smooth landing (depending on the size of the jump). If you still have revs on when you leave the top of the jump the buggy will try to flip over backwards or go through the air in a vertical position. Dab the brake to dip the nose down and level things out. If you throttle off too soon before the jump you will nose dive from the top of the jump. Try to get the nose up by blipping the throttle. After a while you will get the feel of it and will be able to keep a nice level flight even on long jumps by careful blips on the throttle while in flight. Start off small and work your way up to bigger and longer jumps as your control in the air improves. Practice makes perfect
Old 02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
thunder_tiger_S2PRO

thanks grizz, im going out to the track this weekend for the first time, going to try jumping, hopefully everything goes well.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 AM
thunder_tiger_S2PRO

oh yer, heres a updated pic of my buggy, got new wheels the other day

Name:	Ur52449.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	871330  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
ehroof

looks good
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
firebird78

hope yalls buggies are runnin well...mines up and runnin..ran it a lil tonight..
Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
grizz1

Hey thunder_tiger_S2PRO, buggy looks good
Despite too much work (as usual), I managed a couple of days racing in the last week or so. Ran the truggy last Sunday on a real nice smooth and fast track. My diff set up wasn't really suited to the smooth grippy surface, but had a great time anyway. Came 5th in the A Final. Last Wednesday was a public holiday here in NZ, and we had a friendly meet at our local (soon to be no more) track. I ran the buggy and took out the buggy section on the day. Really pleased with the GS Storm / GO TECH .21 5 Port combo. It is running sweet.
Spent my spare time the last couple of days painting up a new shell for my 1/10 on-roader, since my old shell got trashed in a BIG collision last time out.
Couple of pics below. I am pretty happy with it for my second attempt at painting. Nothing flash, just one colour. I might get adventurous on the next one and try something with two or three colours. It's a nice shell (Nissan Silvia GT), and came with all the factory transfers etc.
Keep up the good work on those buggies guys.
Jas mate - have you got noise and fumes out of the Bazooka Beast yet ?????

Name:	Ay74999.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	874684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81218.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	874685  
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
grizz1

Hey, it's really quite out there !!! What are all you guys up to with your buggies ?

Euphoric - how is that new Hurricane mate ? are you tearing up the base with it yet ?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:39 PM
euphorik

I just got it going again. I was running it in the parking garage and suffered a little crash and broke the right front suspension arms. It was a bad idea to run in there cause of all the columns. Ordered aluminum upgrades and they got here yesterday. I got to run 3 tanks in her today out at the base softball field. I think I am gonna try the offroad track here about 5 miles away. Hows everyone elses? Ill get pics up soon. I plan on ordering a clear body here soon and doing a custom paint job.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
firebird78

waiting for nice weather to break mine in.,...put a 6 port mod from clermont in[>:]..wanna make sure I break this one in right
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM
grizz1

Nice one. That 6 port sounds nasty [>:] That will make the Hurricane fly for sure.

Yep euphorik, I reckon the great outdoors is the place to play. These things are just a little too fast off the mark for things to get in the way. Try out that track. Once you have opened her up on the dirt and done a few jumps you will be sold Just be wary of using too much alloy. The alloy arms are strong but they tend to only bend when you hit things rather than break (and you still have to replace them). Having the cheap plastic arms take the brunt of the impact and snap, means you are not sending that impact into other parts of the bugy and causing even greater damage. I would stay with the plastic arms myself. Only my opinion though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.