Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

look at what i found

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:09 PM
zack221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look at what i found

it looks just like the tornado xp does this company get theres at the same place as redcat and himoto

http://www.raidentech.com/blxt24wdniga.html
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 PM
glk420247

Default RE: look at what i found

Yeah !! I posted a thread on that r/c about 2 months ago. They are made by HI-Speed toys the same company Redcat is made. If you look at smarttech they are just about the same also and the amc condor.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:06 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the body better than redcats, escpecially the green one.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:11 PM
glk420247

This is the thread I posted on the r/c your talking about.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4681217/anchors_4681217/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#4681217[/link]
Old 12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
zack221

o sorry for the repost but yea they look good
Old 12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
glk420247

no no don't be sorry. I wasn't try to be a smart *****. I just wanted to let you know.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Death1

I've been inspecting all these different cars and am willing to bet 90% of these companies buy their cars from the same overseas manufacturers. I've encountered this dozens of times in numerous different product fields.

Speakers for starters.
Most are coming from the same overseas manufacturer. You look through their option catalog, choose cone style, material, magnet size, magnet type, basket shape and material, voice coil size etc. In fact in most cases, they have a stock line of designs and options you can choose to upgrade and customize your order, then they stamp Jensen or Volfenhaug on it, box it up and ship them out to your warehouses and distributors.
I've bought Bose and Infinity speakers for $3-$4 each sold by the manufacturer that had an overrun meaning, they kept making them until the materials ran out even though they filled their orders with Bose and Infinity. Most of what you pay for is a name.

Same goes for guitars. Samick owns most asian guitar factories and builds guitars for everyone. Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP/LTD. I own a guitar that says Douglas on it and got it for $118, meanwhile ESP was selling the exact same guitar only it said ESP on the neck and cost 5 times as much. I see this in every product market...especially after market parts.
These days though the market is so competitive that now a few dozen different companies are building guitars for everyone. I just bought 3 neck thru laminate guitars, the best you can get, for $210 each. Two had 2 minor defects which were easily fixed. Had they said Ibanez or Jackson, they would have been $700-$800 each. They look like Carvins though which would really jack their price up. I research the company and guess what?
Turns out they build for Gibson, Ibanez and EMG. Basically the 3 top brands on the market right now. I don't even think half the stuff claimed to be American made actually is. I've dealt with the FTC and they're crooked as a snake oil salesman in the sense that they don't do much of anything if the offender is getting mass turn over because what it does for our economy and foreign trade. Right now you can buy a $2500 Gibson Les Paul knock off from Asia that looks IDENTICAL to the real mccoy in every detail(labeling, crest, serial #) that even includes a knock off Gibson signature case only it will be $300 with the shipping. Wouldn't surprise me if they're also building Gibson's American made guitars and the only guitars the Gibson factories here build are the most sophisticated and custom of orders.

As it is, I research a lot of American owned companies that say their instruments or whatever are American made but trace their supplies and in fact see they are built in Asia and the most basic of assembly is done once they get here. One guy I talked to was telling me about the kits they have and when someone places an order, they nut and bolt on the hardware, package it and ship it out.

Anyway, after inspecting all these "entry" level nirto buggies and trucks, I can clearly see plenty of them are the exact same product only some have a known and respected brand name and packaging. In plenty of cases, you'll see the no namer has some of the hop ups and actually costs less than the name brand because they will likely sell enough to make a name for themselves, I see this happen all the time. You gotta jump on them though because once their name is established, all those deals and hop ups typically vanish from their base models and prices go up.

Cool car by the way.
You can score the exact same one though for about 40 bucks less on ebay. Same controller only the body isn't so fancy. Personally, I prefer clear bodies then loading them up with wicked temp tattoos then clear coating them with polyurethane.....