Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

exhaust manifold bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
drewmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust manifold bolts

On a vertex .18 the exhaust manifold bolts are M3*28 Cap screws, correct? Also do the screws, screw in from the engine first into the manifold, or manifold first then into the engine. I lost both of the screws today, and cannot remember how they went.[:@]
Old 03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: exhaust manifold bolts

Yes and no, lol. The manifold bolts go from the servo side through the engine into the manifold.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
arlo1

Default RE: exhaust manifold bolts

I went to my lhc and bought a set of 4 3x30mm screws because mine fell out and used a generious amount of locktight to reinstall them. But I found a problem my manifold port is cut way to big to the point that the bottom of the port is at the edge of the casting for the engine causing a leak so I made a big gasket to get me by, and ordered an aftermarket head pipe.