Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

[RESOLVED]Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

[RESOLVED]Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:09 AM
BaLLZaCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [RESOLVED]Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

Edited 6/26/06

Before anyone reads any futrher, I would like to say that Redcat has been on the ''up-and-up'' since this post. I will not go into detail, for company privacy reasons, but I 'will' say that I am VERY impressed.

Lets' just say that Traxxas or HPI would NEVER, 'never' do what redcat did for me. "Redcat" WENT ABOVE, AND BEYOND. Seriously. (Although I do have to be comlpetely fair, Traxxas did replace my bad-out-of-the-box one way bearing, no questions asked - and had excellent customer service - But they would never have went as far as Redcat did, I am seriously impressed...)

I appriciate the support of the forum and I appriciate the help of Dan, and the understanding of "Redcat".

Thank you all....
(The posts from here forward, until my updated 6/26 post are old and have been resolved. I left them for reference and archives only.)

Thanks again,
I'll be back soon for my next Redcat :-)

(REFER TO POST #16)

-----------------

Original (OLD) post:
Redcat has (edited 6/26 *NOT LOST*) lost me as a customer. Why you ask ?

#1 - Has anyone noticed the Tremor XTK / XTG mix up ? The model numbers are backwards from what the model actually says on the body....

I bought an ''XTK'' which was suppossed to be the 8 shock with off road tires and a truck body and bumpers. The box actually says "OFF ROAD TRUCK" and shows a picture of the 'truck', and even has the model number checked off by the factory on the box.

But what I got was a 'Truggy' - Not really a big deal BUT, what doesn't add up, is the model number on the 'truggy' body is 'XTK', and the model number on the 'Truck' is 'XTG'... hahaha MORONS.... Check the website, it's ''backwards ''' - Seriously, look closely at the GALLERY pictures as compared to the PART NUMBER.... That makes me chuckle....

Now, to be fair, I assume that there may be a reason, maybe previous upgrades or product line changes, name changes, and so on, but this does not excuse the fact of the matter.... According to all the information, website, pictrures, and box art, I was buying a 'Truck" not a 'Truggy'.

Take a look at the Tremor gallery photos on www.redcatracing.com - Now, take note of the model number, compared to what the body says.

#2 - I wrote RedCatRacing about the issue last week, I never got a response. SO, I wrote them again (About a completely different issue) and had 3 emails from customer service, BUT, as soon as I mentioned the model mix-up and requested the missing parts, she cut-off communication, with NO RESPONSE.

I even suggested that I would EXCHANGE my parts for the ones I that I 'thought' I was buying based on their advertising.... no response ...

#3 - I orded replacement parts early on the morning of the 7th (Thursday of last week)

Finally, on the 11th, the order status changed from pending to say "Printed",,, and then it took until 14th (today) to say "Shipped in Full", so I'll probobly not get them until Saturday 16th, 1 1/2 weeks later ..... wow .... Rediculous, we are talking shipping from California to Georgia .... USPS Priority Mail, come on .... (I was just informed by Bluecaka that Redcat ships from Arizona (NOT Cali') so I would like to correct the previous statement)

(Edited 16th) I finally got my parts today (Saturday) - Let's see if they are correct....

#4 - Both my stock servos (first, the brake side of the throttle, and then left steering) stripped out within the first 7 tanks of fuel. AMAZING. I turned in a warranty claim, but no surprise obvously, no response. A throttle servo ???? COME ON !!! .... (I was also informed by Bluecaka of a model-ing fact-oid that servos are not covered under warranties, I was more so pointing out the fact that they BOTH actually "broke" after 2 hours. Ha. )

[edited:]
#5 - I finally got my order and of course, it was wrong.
(Again to be fair, I have not told redact about the issue so they 'might' correct it, but the point is, it was wrong to begin with.

Redcat needs to get their customer service together. A "no" response is better than "No Response" at all.
([Edited]- To be fair, redcatdan did contact me immediately after this was posted, but it seemed to be an automated response...)
.... for those who may be considering this company, BE FOR-WARNED. Just be aware before you dive in and get mad.

By the way, if anyone wants to order a clear-unpainted body for a Tremor truck (Part # 4286), hurry up and buy one from redcat because they screwed up and listed them for $1.99 right next to the $15.99, so just a heads-up.... (Clermont) :-)
(Edited: ohh sorry about that, redcatdan took it off the website right after I posted this !! ahhh funny .... Well, it goes to show you, they IMMEDIATELY fixed 'that' problem ..... Wow, clear unpainted body sales must be more important than keeping customers LOL...)

Later'

Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
webdr

Default RE: Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cherios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

There's two "E"s in Cheerios...

Old 06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
bluecaka69

Default RE: Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cherios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

#4 there is no warranty on the servos only the actual radio sorry bro

#3 they ship from Arizona not Cali

sorry you had bad experience
Old 06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
bluecaka69

another thing is yoou are right about the mix up though i ordered truck body clear part 4286 and they sent me truggy body 4286 hopefully if we let them know which i did someone can go through and organize this
Old 06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
BaLLZaCH

webdr
Lol that's my bad ..... haha
Haha I knew something looked funny .... ahhhh

bluecaka

Ohhh.... .... Rediculous either way.... [&o]

And thank you for pointing out the warranty thing, but
I was actually more referring to a simple 'Please read our warranty disclosure' would have been better than 'no' response at all, you know what I mean ?

LOL and the part number for the body is fixed now, too. The low-priced one was removed (oooops thanks to me, sorry), and the truggy and truck body model numbers were modified to "xxx-truggy" and "xxx-truck" - (Thanks to you, Blue....)

Also, anyone know who REDCATDAN is ?

Anyways,
Thanks for calming me down, it worked. :-)
later
Old 06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

my servo's stripped out also right away and upgraded to the hitec.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
dtsn280z

I feel you man, My first Tornado BB... Of course the abligatory spring was out. The tank was clogged and no fuel would flow (they actually had me purchase one.. $5.00 or so.. told me the warranty was void since I put fuel in it). I wasn't looking to return the car, just wanted a tank man. LOL. The steering servo went out just after I put the new tank in (no help there) and then the pull start went when the new servo went in. Too much..

This was my first RC so...

I'm cool with the warranty policy re fuel. Never know what someone does. But how much is a tank to them?

Finally, the spurs went. That's how I found you guys. Thank you VERY much for the help.

However in Redcat's defense. I bought two and they were priced right. The other one still has the original spring. I did put the HPI 3 piece on it and it spun after bout 1.5 gallons (can't complain). The gears didn't go until the clutch did. The radio is steady and works great. The servos don't twitch like crazy. And they fly when they're tuned man. I guess it all averages yeah? [X(].

I do have to say, they are, I guess bang for the buck.

Just don't run it off into the pool. Man it just don't work.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
bluecaka69

ORIGINAL: BaLLZaCH

webdr
Lol that's my bad ..... haha
Haha I knew something looked funny .... ahhhh

bluecaka

Ohhh.... .... Rediculous either way.... [&o]

And thank you for pointing out the warranty thing, but
I was actually more referring to a simple 'Please read our warranty disclosure' would have been better than 'no' response at all, you know what I mean ?

LOL and the part number for the body is fixed now, too. The low-priced one was removed (oooops thanks to me, sorry), and the truggy and truck body model numbers were modified to "xxx-truggy" and "xxx-truck" - (Thanks to you, Blue....)

Anyways,
Thanks for calming me down, it worked. :-)
later
I think he works for redcat but i dont know who he is WHY
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Chopped02

I bought my son a Tornado XL last Christmas which, was check marked on the box but the body has the Torndo BB decals on it. I guess it doesn't matter considering the car quit running after a half gallon of fuel. My daughters Volcano quit running after 5 tanks. I'm sticking with quality "kits" from now on. Lesson learned.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:48 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

I think he is the controler at Redcat.............He is helping me with some issues now that no one else seemed to want to
Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 PM
BaLLZaCH

dtsn280z:
And they fly when they're tuned man. I guess it all averages yeah? .
I do have to say, they are, I guess bang for the buck.
Just don't run it off into the pool. Man it just don't work.

chopped02:
I guess it doesn't matter considering the car quit running after a half gallon of fuel. My daughters Volcano quit running after 5 tanks. I'm sticking with quality "kits" from now on. Lesson learned.

Ohh definately, for sure.
Yes I agree, you have to understand from the get-go 'what' you are buying.
I knew what I was getting into when I bought it, I guess I just have a completely different opinion of "cheap"....

I agree , that Redcat has done a great job of distributing and cost slashing the product, (to be fair)... And I do understand, to get the price after mark-up, manufacture, shipping(from China), imbezeling, mob-funding, whatever else, that yes it is the best bang for the buck (Short Term)...

And I also agree that model engines submerged into pool water dont work correctly. LOL, that sucks.....

Hey Chopped,
Man I wanted a "KIT" that is why I was looking when I bought this Tremor. I figured "Since I am gonna be replacing everything on this damn thing, I might as well build it from the start" - I would like to have a kit. IMO there are WAAYYY too many 'RTR's out. It's gonna be a Wal-Mart Fad soon... Lol, just kidding.

Anyways, I got my parts Saturday (today) and yeah, like you said BlueCaKa69, the body is wrong. (AGAIN, To be fair, I have not contacted redcatdan yet so he may be able to correct it)

And Clermont, I stopped by a hobby store and bought 2 JR's... The only decent sub-micro's they had. The only hi-tec's they had were el-cheeeeeep-ooo's ....We'll see what happens.

I've talked WAY too much,
Bye.

quote:

RCLYNX
I think he is the controler at Redcat.............He is helping me with some issues now that no one else seemed to want to :-)
Sorry RCLynx just saw you there, true very true when "nobody else wanted to help"
Maybe he is a fraud trying to get out credit card numbers ???? LOL

Later
Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM
BaLLZaCH

I talk to damn much. Ha. Sorry.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

sorry to hear your having problems with your tremors bro, i have the truck and truggy and they are great, havent had any problems with them yet, actually i am lying, i had to replace 1 steering servo and a throttle servo. i order all my parts from clermontmotorsports.com, i get them quick, correct and at a great price.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:17 AM
123michael

eddie you are a pro man seriously you are brilliant on these forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 AM
ehroof

Thanks mike
Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
BaLLZaCH

TO BE FAIR and honest,

I was contacted by ''Redcat'' who thanked me, (And I would like to share that 'thanks' with the forum) for pointing out the specific concerns and errors or the website and part numbers. Because of this post, they have modified part numbers, changed the web-site, and investigating customer service.

I just wanted to make-it-right with the forum, that there "is" somebody "trying to make it right."
Will he ???? Dunno, but we will see.
I will update ASAP/
UPDATED 6/26/07 - Yes, he made it right, ABOVE AND BEYOND. I can not believe a hobby company went this far to keep a customer. Outstanding. A+

Later
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
BaLLZaCH

UPDATE,
6/26/07

Redcat has not lost me as a customer, and I think they have kept me for a very long time.
For privacy reasons, this "Person" helped me greatly and went above and beyond, more than any other main-stream hobby company EVER would. Wow, I am honestly VERY impressed. (Like I said, to be completely fair, Traxxas did quickly replace defective parts, but they did not go above and beyond as Mr.D. did...)

I would like to say that it 'HAS' been made right with me, more than I even asked. I appriciate the help and support of the forum and I appriciate the ''''person''' (LOL) taking time to help me out. You did not have to do what you did, but it is greatly appriciated.

The customer service issue has been addressed on my end, and ''the man'' also addressed the website, part number, and other issues - so this kind of stuff shouldn't happen in the future.

I really do appriciate it.

Dan, are you hearing this ? You ARE making a difference. Keep up the great customer service.

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED,
THANK YOU !

[RESOLVED]
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
srt4bad

Default RE: [RESOLVED]Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

So is a tremor xtk (Truck) worth getting or is as bad as a tower terror?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
ehroof

Default RE: [RESOLVED]Somebody please calm me down, Redcat is REALLY pissing in my Cheerios .... (TREMOR 1/16th)

i have 3 of the tremors and i like them, they are alot of fun and very quick for their size. I have the truck, truggy and car.