Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 AM
fengraul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question

after i install the clutch spring from traxxas 4146x, and using stock clutchbell. the tsunami is very hard to move, seems like very hard to engage. give it almost full throttle, but it only runs like give a little bit throttle. is the spring too hard to engage? or do i have to change clutchbell to hpi 3 piece too? or i can just use stock steel one. something else wrong with my tsunami
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM
fengraul

Default RE: quick question

everyone sleep?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
mozzzy_2000

Can you rephrase your question? little hard to understand whats going on.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM
skrotch

Everyone probably is! Don't worry, I am sure that ehroof, clermont or aafh will have an idea for you tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:33 PM
fengraul

wake up bump,someone plz
Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM
ichbinanthrax

Sounds like it may be slipping, After you run it at full throttle, if you have one use a digital temp gauge to check if it's overly hot, if you don't, then spit test it. if it is, then check the inside of the bell and see if it's wore down a bit. also, is the bell a somewhat snug fit? I mean it should have some play, but very little.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:11 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fengraul

after i install the clutch spring from traxxas 4146x, and using stock clutchbell. the tsunami is very hard to move, seems like very hard to engage. give it almost full throttle, but it only runs like give a little bit throttle. is the spring too hard to engage? or do i have to change clutchbell to hpi 3 piece too? or i can just use stock steel one. something else wrong with my tsunami

sounds to me like your gears are meshed too tightly if i understand what your saying, there should be a little bit of play between the clutch bell and the spur gears.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:33 PM
ichbinanthrax

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ORIGINAL: fengraul

sounds to me like your gears are meshed too tightly if i understand what your saying, there should be a little bit of play between the clutch bell and the spur gears.
That too :]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:52 AM
fengraul

on my exhaust pipe which connect to the header and coupler burn, i think it's too hot. i just came back from work and put the hpi clutchbell on, i'll see how it work out tomorrow.