Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

That is Hilarious Meow...LOL
    Keep it full throttle don\'\'t dottle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

I just bought a new Avalanche XP and it is so fresh not shelf ridden I love it it is durrable as heck and has more aluminum on it than ever before unbelieveable and for under $320.00 from www.rufaster.com Mike is an awsome salesman he took the time to get me what i wanted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

I bought one of these Redcat Avalanche xp nice machine the only problem I have is finding parts for it like one part is called a Rear Chassis Brace nobody sames too have it. The ones I have found at a redcat dealer in canada is the wrong part and I have seen some web pages in the USA with aluminum ones my problem no one will ship too canada. Can anyone help me. It's in this pic.

the blue shaft has two silver marks on it at the top of that part there is a plastic part it bolts too and then bolts to the rear differential  housing.  Has anyone see this or know where too get it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

I'm looking to buy the Avalanche xp. So far i found it for $287 with free shipping. Can anyone tell me if thats about the going price?

Thanks..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

I added a new air filter and exhaust to my Avalanche. I thought this thing was bad a before. WOW! She screams for sure now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RE:

That is a sweet unit man how do you like the tires I looked on that site you posted and could'nt find them are they the same size of the stock?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you talking about the tires on the Avalanche?

I like them. They grip good from what I can tell so far. They are a bit smaller than the stock ones and due to the rims having a different offset the truck is a bit narrower. I had to pull the shock stiffners out because it was rolling over due to the narrower stance and the grip.

That set was not cheap. full set of tires and rims set me back about $80.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

Ok, so I have to order a new wing for the Shockwave since the new one decided to commit suicide on it's maiden run and since I am placing an order I decided to browse the Avalanche parts for some potential goodies.
    I noticed quite a few items are marked "clearance". this makes me a little bit nervous. Are they discontinuing the Avalanche? Will it become hard to get parts? I just bought this thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I noticed the same thing last year on www.redcat.com. like compleete rear ends and comnpleete front ends for $17.00 and shocks for $9.00 a pair. they are just over stocked and trying to empty their warehouse aparently. As long as the unit is still for sale on their sight it will have parts available for a long time www.rufaster.com also has many different parts available even for the Monsoon and older models not available.I usually brouse all the XP parts and find compattible stuff for cheap Below the part discription is in fine print compatible with" " each unit. The avalanche XP is one of the best built trucks for me andcountless others.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree it is very well built.

I did order a couple of things just to have on hand. Chassis for $7, steering plate for $1.50... I missed the $6 for a full set of shocks (out of stock). If I see that again I will order it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Normal0falsefalsefalseoNotPromoteQF />EN-USX-NONEontGrowAutofit />ontFlipMirrorIndents />

Ok, I have a question for my fellow Avalanche owners.

After breaking in my buddies new Avalanche XP with him last night we were running her in the street in front of his house and giving it full throttle. He asked me about why it was pulling to the right, so we took a look at alignment. The alignment seems to be just fine when driving at 1/2 throttle or if you start off at slowly increasing rate. However, if you slam the throttle it immediately veers to the right. This eventually led to a nice bruise on my right foot before the end of the night.

I have noticed the same thing with my Avalanche as well and I can only assume that it is due to the torque from an aggressive take off.

Question is, is there a way to lesson this veering during aggressive acceleration? It seems that this can be detrimental to the well-being of the truck as it can result in total loss of control.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it could be any # of things from your tires to your alignment to yourshocks having air. whenever you get on the throttle the tires spin faster and expand some sooner than others check the air hole in the inside of the wheels and make sure they are all the same size even some tires come glued better than others. Good luck... AndKeeper full throttle don't dottle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE:

thought y'all might want to see what an Avalanche can do when it smacks you in the foot. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bet you'll be standing on a 5 gallon bucket here out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sure as hell won't be hitting it full throttle when it is only 3-4 feet away from me. That sucker lifted the front right wheel off the ground and jumped after us like Christine out for blood.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol DANG!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Normal0falsefalsefalseoNotPromoteQF />EN-USX-NONEontGrowAutofit />ontFlipMirrorIndents />

You know how they say that in a factory all cars are made the same, using identical parts and identical methods yet every now and then a shining gem comes off of the assembly line that will outperform the others? I think my friend Cesar just got the Avalanche XP equivalent of that.

That thing is a beast. My Avi has been broken in, has an upgraded tuned pipe and a full flow air filter. It has been tuned to its best performance, to the point that I still get paranoid about its running temp and I feel like my truck is not as strong as his. Even with it running as fast and strong as it was it never got hotter than 187 degrees and you can see a lot of smoke so it is running rather rich.

On one hand I can’t wait to get the thing tuned up for him, on the other I am a bit worried. Only RC he has owned up till now was a toy Porsche from Walmart. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat sugests no hotter than 280 deg I always keep mine at around 230 to 250 deg no less than 200. The .28SH loves the heat not like the .18 SH that melts at 230 deg. I always like to return my piston to buttom dead center after running till it cools and isint being pressurized by the head. just makes sense to me is all. I had to pack my stuff up and send my electronics to redcat cause i had a short or domething fried my reciever and wires. They are always helpfull within the 90 days warrenty period. I am at 88 days now and my center diff is probubly in ned ofrepair though I run grease in all my diffs.Make sure you pull off your front and rear diffs and pack them full of grease cause they come practically dry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I need to do that. I just redid the diffs on my Shockwave and Ihave been saying that I am going to do the Avalanche as well. Might be a good project for this weekend.

How full do you usually pack them and what do you use? I have always used dielectric grease (silicone lube), it seems to work pretty well for my other cars.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Iuse anythick grease except molly molly breaks downthe plastic but dialectric is probubly the best I pack et so full it sqirts out when I run lol...This is my secound AvalancheXP and i have neverBurrned up a differential only the center diff eventualy goes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to know. i have grease coming out of my Shockwaves bearings. I look at it this way, at least Iknow the bearings aren't dry. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, wheel recomendation time peeps...

As y'all know, I have an Avalanche XP that I have put HPI Warlock rims / HPI Dirt Claws on. Love the new wheels, but I want to make a second set of wheels for less off road /dirt action. Something more fitting to pavement. These will go along with the new Tonka truck inspired F650 body that she is getting. I like the RPM Stablemaxx Revolver rims in chrome for this set up but I need to find a good set of tires to go with it. So far all I can find are the Proline Road Rage tires.

Any ideas of any other tires that would fit these rims that would be good on paved surfaces?

RPM Revolver specs:
    Diameter: 3.4" (86.4mm) Width: 2.21" (56.2mm) Offset: 0.6" (15.24mm) Hex Size: 17mm

I have the Avalanche and am pretty happy with it.I did fry the clutch shoes but thats an easy fix. I also bought a Savage X and have dropped the OS .30 MAX in that. Now gonna take the F 4.6 from my Savage and drop it in my Avalanche and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pede_187 View Post
    There is a fail safe built into some of the Avalanches...if not all of them.

All of the receivers have a built in fail safe.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112